The Truth About Dating In College

The Truth About Dating In College

I recently graduated from university. While I was in school I dated my share of guys, except I didn't really "date" any of them. I hooked up with them for months/weeks and it never went anywhere.

The truth about dating in college is that most guys don't want to date; they aren’t looking to be in "serious" relationships. Most of them just want someone to sleep with on the weekends, but they won't hangout with you during the week, they won't help you with your homework and they certainly won't bring you any soup when you're sick.

Of course, not all college boys are like this. Some of them will bring you soup when you're sick and hangout with you during the week. The key to finding these boys, however, is the tricky part. You have to go through the bad ones to get to the good ones and sometimes the bad ones can be disguised as good ones.

The only way to find out what kind of relationship he wants is to contact him during non-hookup hours. If he waits until hookup hours texts you back odds are he just wants have sex with you. You can either continue the hookup cycle or find a guy who wants to be in a relationship.

Don't worry, ladies, dating in the "real world" is much simpler. Gentlemen, this goes for you, too.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 13

• Your problem is you're hooking up with the guys who have the game/looks to get hook ups, so they don't date. Because why commit if you can have something new every week?

Women incentive bad behavior from men, then are shocked when they get bad behavior.

• God forbid a girl goes out with an attractive guy.

• and also, I love people who will tease me and insult me in a joking way and I do the same thing. If its a joke with good intentions it isn't mean. You're far too sensitive if that's how you see it.

• Being an asshole works with girls who have low self-esteem or just want to be loved. They want to feel important and wanted. When you take affection away from them after awhile they start to crave it and that's what keeps them coming back. That's what it boils down to.

A girl who has self confidence has the strength to walk away and even avoid the situation all together because she's confident she can do better. But this level of confidence is very hard to attain in today's world where girls focus too muvh on their imperfections.

@RationalMale your correct to some degree you see. But there are girls who don't go for assholes. The numbers seem smaller though because a lot of girls are insecure.

• "The truth about dating in college is that most guys don't want to date"

Close enough to me.

• It definitely depends on the college culture. I'm a senior at UC Berkeley, which has courses that keep you busy all the time with homework and studying. The most common relationship situations that I noticed were either not having one or having a consistent partner you'd visit during weekends. There was rarely any dating going on. There probably was some hooking up, but I didn't notice it. There's also a pretty antisocial culture here, maybe because it's a large campus and it's less common to see people you know.

• About to graduate this semester, all I wanted was a stable relationship, but too many girls went "hooking up"

So it goes both ways

• "I hooked up with them for months/weeks and it never went anywhere"

I'm shocked :o

• Well, I'm sure glad I skipped dating AND hooking up in college. Nothing good would have come from it, anyways.

• I had two girlfriends in college and never hooked up. But I saw it rampant around me, as a culture.

• Fuck that!

I'm not going to chase some whore who puts out to whatever guy has her attention this week. If you can't even hold out for someone that will actually care about you then why even bother dating?

• I tried to do the only hook up thing but I don't know how to do it lol. I'm an average looking guy social don't get women left and right but I did talk to some girls but they were they types that would follow frat guys around for attention and popularity meanwhile there I was interested in her looking stupid as hell. College is a time for both girls and guys to mess around and have fun. I was pretty much the guy she would only dance with if her frat boy crushes rejected her. I remember once I went to a pool party and I tried to start a conversation with her but she pretty much acted like I wasn't even there because she was getting attention from frat guys.

• OR you could check out your friendzone.

• They're in the friend zone for a reason.

• How can a topic itself be neutral?

• @been_waiting - At least we could expect that it would not include sexes but just one's beliefs.

• Or you could jus, you know, take things slow and if he doesn't like that you know he only wants sex.

• Dude, that's being sexist and oppressive. That's like telling girls to avoid getting drunk at frat houses if they don't want to be "raped" aka drunk sex.

• But the example you gave sounds like good advice lol @rationalmale

• They could still take it slow just so then can get her one time. I know guys that only would have sex one time with a girl so I don't know what they could do but I guess your way is the best way

• imho. school is a good way to meet people. i m 31 and been in both environments.

its meeting guys in school vs. at clubs and bars... and guess what, they want the same...

there's a new rise of MGTOW and more men just dont see marriage and all the drama/finances worth it...

also, men dont want a gf often when they are trying to achieve something... like education etc ... i see a relationship as a huge risk and unecessary as someone whos been in a couple... totalling 7 years of my life... this is why women end up with older men and why i won't be worried finding someone to have a child with in a few years when i m in my mid 30s.

• it seems like the opposite where i go!
    these girls just want to hook up!
    i can't even get a date...
    kind of feel depressed lately its ok though, i have girls waiting back home =)

What Girls Said 1

• Good to know. Guys aren't interested in dating? Cool, more time to focus on getting that degree in biochemistry and volleyball!