Can bruises sometimes look like hickeys?

When my bf and i first started dating I noticed he had some marks on his upper inside bicep. He had been working on his derby car and he ssid that the bruises were probably from that. I could tell one was a bruise but there was about 3 or 4 little ones that almost looked like hickeys. He had another bruise on his side which he said was from holding some tool. Around the time I saw them it was shortly after his brothers wedding. He said it also could of been from people grabbing him. He was really drunk that night and even grabbed his sister in laws Ass when he was dancing with her. Which was the bride...we have been dating for 10 months now. This all happend when we were dating for about a month. I'm only bringing it up now because he has another bruise on his upper inside bicep but I can also tell it's a bruise. Those other ones made me. curious. Can little bruises sometimes look like hickeys. I can't remember the exact color but it was more reddish and they weren't that far apart from eachother. When he was working on his derby car he was using this one thing where it has sparks going all over and you have to wear a safety thing over your head. Welding I think it is? Ha.. but anyways he said it also could of been from that. Can that leave marks like that?

• Is he telling the truth about the marks
  • or is he lying about the marks

Most Helpful Guy

• That sound pretty legit to me. Given his line of work or his hobby (whatever the derby car stuff is), I'd say that's something where he could pinch the skin on his biceps turning wrenches and whatnot with his hand all up in the guts of a car. I used to play semipro football, and my biceps would get pinched all the time from people trying to block me, and those bruises would often resemble hickeys, and I even managed to get some on my beck and chest, which looks real suspect.. The strongest clue is the location. My first thought is "what adult gives hickeys or allows themselves to get them?" Hickeys went out in like 10 the grade, haha. But beyond that, if you WERE to give a hickey, who would do it on someone's bicep anyway, you know?

What Guys Said 4

• bruises can look like hickies. the thing that would kind of be the tell tale though is... why would he be getting hickies on his biceps? or his hips? not really the normal places for a hickey

his reasons sound pretty legit to me

• Bicep hickey? Is that a thing? Lol

• Why would girls give hickeys on biceps?

• Well sometimes when we are doing it and I'm on top and I'm only onto his arms I will suck there ha. I don't know why I just do...

• You are weird ;) , I don't think most girls will do that

• Haha i know. I don't know I just like to suck I guess :P

• Bruises r essentially blue-black or brownish in colour

What Girls Said 3

• A hickey is essentially a bruise, so... idk. :/ I mean it's impossible to say if he's telling you the truth or not. But since these bruises are the only things that worry you (?), I'd trust him if I were you. Not sure if welding can cause bruises though.

• be careful these marks can be hickeys

• If he was cheating sure he wouldn't be stupid to get hickeys, & on his side and biceps is really weird place to get a hickey it's normally neck maybe chest.