If a girl slaps her boyfriend, does he have a right to slap her back?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends. I knew a girl who just started smacking her boyfriend, and even when he blocked and tried to stop her, she tried kicking him. It took a bunch of us to restrain her. I think in a situation like that he could slap her back. I think that would be self defense. Her boyfriend didn't slap her, but that's one example I can think of. If it's one slap, I don't think so. I think with anyone guy or girl, they should just walk away.

I once had a good friend of mine slap me when we were drunk, and all I did was walk away and grab another drink. I didn't speak to her for a long time. She slapped me just because I said her boyfriend (who was cheating on her, and she knew it) was a jerk. I know we're both girls, but still. I don't think one slap means anything. Now if she had gone crazy on me, chances are I would have hit her back.

In a relationship, I honestly think if one person hits the other then the relationship shouldn't even continue. If the person capable of doing it once, chances are it will happen again. I think it would also lead to a lot of resentment. I don't see why anyone needs to hit anyone anyway. I've never agreed with girls think it's okay to slap a guy whenever, even if she thinks he deserves it.

What Girls Said 41

• Hell yeah. If you're going to attack someone, you better be prepared for them to try to knock you the fuck out. No one with common sense is going to sit there and be a punching bag, no matter what's between their legs.

• No, simply because I think physical violence is wrong. I'm not saying this just because she's a woman. It could just as well be your dad, your brother, your male cousin, your male friend etc, and I would still say "don't hit back". Unless they're seriously threatening your life and you HAVE to defend yourself, slapping/hitting them back would be 100% pointless. It won't do anything but make you look just as dumb as them. So do you want to be the bigger person or not? I say, be the bigger person. Physical violence is always wrong and should not be used for anything but self-defense. Hitting her back would not be self-defense, it would be revenge.

• Hit her back ten times harder. Yeah you'll do more damage than she did but it's a consequence. My dad used to tell me and my siblings to do that so we did. Just because she has a pussy it doesn't make it okay. I'm sure if the tables were turned everyone would agree that she should slap you back so why the fuck not. Equality n all that

• Depends... what did he do? Or was he an innocent bystander? I think everyone has the right to defend themselves... personally, I'm a pretty hands-on person... i would hate for a playful gesture from me to land myself in a coma because the dude couldn't handle his strength or completely misunderstood.

• I don't necessarily think that a man or a woman should be hitting anybody. There are other ways to resolve conflict. I don't believe a man should ever lay his hands on a woman violently but I also don't think a woman should be violent towards her man either. A lot of people don't realize that a lot of domestic violence cases involve a woman being violent towards the man!

• If she slapped you for no reason or if she slapped you for a good reason... I don't think you should slap back.
    If you don't like the way she's behaving dump her. The only moral thing you can do.

Be better than her.

Why would she use physical abuse at all is beyond me. Especially in a relationship. Be better. If she's having some sort of metal problems and you can't handle it (maybe no one can or should have to) move on.

• Yup, of course. Tit for tat, applies just the same whether you're a girl or boy.

However, keep in mind that the guy should take care to slap her with approximately equal force, as a guy could much easier hit her with double the power.

• I think he has the right to, whether he should or not is up to him, it might be the end of the relationship if he does though. Physical violence has no place in a relationship and women should learn to keep their hands to themselves if they don't want to get hit. My dad always told me "If you're going to act like a man you're going to get hit like a man" basically stating that no matter how upset I am, I shouldn't hit a guy because more than likely he's stronger than me and can hurt me more than I can hurt him (if weapons aren't involved). And if a guy ever physically hurts me my dad's going to have to hurt him so it's best to just avoid the situation at all costs haha.

• Knock that bitch out. Then throw all her shit out of the house while she's unconscious.

• Yea if she wanted to put he hands on him like she's a man he can treat her as one

• This is when things get iffy sure if she hits him then by all accounts he's got rights to hit her back but problem with that is the guy always outweighs the girl in the situation and also by strength he's prob stronger so that little B slaps she hits you with sure can anger you but won't really injure you but when you retaliate you can seriously do psychical damage I just say you bitch her out and warn her that the next time she does that you'll do the same but just don't forget your strength outweighs hers and I'm not saying girl are weak just the truth a 120 pound girl can't hold her own against a 180 pound guy

• Yep. Being a woman does not mean you're allowed to hit your bf.

• No. And if the roles were reversed, I don't think she'd have the right to hit him back either.

What good could possibly come from letting a violent person drag you down to their level?

• At least explain why you disagree..

• That's a good point. Why slap someone back? That's childish. Remove yourself from the situation GIRL OR GUY

• yes dude you're allowed to

• She shouldn't touch you period. I would slap back.

• Slap? =yes

Punch, kick, body slam, elbow? = No

• no one should be hitting each other

• No. No matter how erratic a girl acts, you could do a lot more physical damage to her than she could to you. The next time she flips out or gets violent, just get the hell away from her.

• So a girl is allowed to hit her boyfriend?

• It doesn't matter who's stronger. Don't pick fights unless you're prepared to box.

• So many generalizations... You have no idea how physically fit the boy or girl is, nor do you know if either are affected from any sort of physical defect. Your context states your comment as fact, yet it may not be.

• If a woman ever hit my man her ass would be down for the count. I did it my self. I said hold on baby i got this. I wouldn't let it happen i took kick boxing.

• I don't think either one should be slapping in the first place. If something is that bad to wear a couple would have to hit, then there is serious issues that need to be worked out before the situation turns to a legal complication.

• She doesn't have the right to hit him, but he should walk away and remove himself from the situation. The ONLY time violence is acceptable is if it's necessary to save your life. That applies to both women and men.

• A slap isn't that bad and maybe he deserved Now if it's a punch or a thrown object I'd say you'd hit out of reflexes anyways

• no he shouldn't. but the girl shouldn't have the right to slap the guy either. both are bad.

• No. Most women give shallow slaps. We don't cock all the way back and slap you with the full force so It wouldn't hurt a man. If he did slap her back it wouldn't be a reaction to pain or feeling wronged. It would be slapping back for the hell of it.

• So if another girl went up to you and smacked you, you would just take it and smile sweetly? Because everything in retaliation would be just for the hell of it, right? Your words?

• No one is itching for violence in general, but that doesn't mean that they won't if provoked. I'm just saying, not every man is going to be so nice as to let it go.

• Lol and some men hit women regardless but yes sir. Thank you for your input lol

• Depends on the circumstances... but a good rule is never lay hands on someone! If you had it coming... no. If she thinks she has some sort of right to be abusive... don't stay in a relationship like that. But an eye for an eye... leaves the whole world blind, they say! ;)

• No, they shouldn't have been hitting in the first place. He should just walk away or get in his car and come back later.

• Is that during sex? 😉

• I think no one should hit anyone back unless it's for self defense. Regardless of gender.

• No one should be slapping anyone.

• A real man would never do that.

• So it is ok for a woman to hit her man?

• If he deserved it.

• But a real woman wouldn't hit a man? Or a real woman would which would mean she is deluded and pathetic

• More from Girls
    11

What Guys Said 37

• Honestly, while I'm against physical violence, if you open the can of worms, you deserve to be shown that your sex does not give you a free pass immunity card. If they haven't learned previously that violence is bad, maybe they'll learn from the pain, if they're incapable of doing so from logic or empathy.

• No, you don't have a right to slap her back. If you have to deal with her slapping or hitting you can always restrain her arms by holding them down. You could overwhelm her at your whim. A girl shouldn't slap or hit a guy, or anyone else for that matter, but you can't hit her back. If she's out of control you restrain her.

• A man physically and mentally can handle getting slapped by a lady. Not to mention that a guys slap can cause much more damage. No you can't hit back because no matter what a lady does, you're still lucky she lets you call her "your lady". I don't care if you think this is sexist. It's my opinion

• Bull shit. Women like to play weak because they like to play you like a fool. You do not have to beat her mercilessly, but a quick slap back is justified.

• I agree with you. But i dont know. The idea is just weird to me. It doesn't feel right.

• I think you forget just how strong some women can get and how weak some men can be. Plus, all it takes is a hit to the right spot to do some serious damage, male or female.

• The only reason I say "no" is because a man slapping a woman usually isn't "equal force" in relation to him being slapped by the woman.

• As far as right is concerned yea man he has all the RIGHT in the world.

what I'd do umm

If she's a GF I'd leave her forever end of the story "things are either right or wrong for me"
    If she's wife, gimme 1 week I ain't gonna leave or slap her but she gonna slap herself 10 times wanna learn how? well its a secret :D

• Also a friendly advice more and more girls will choose the 2nd option don't be fooled by that. Honestly If a man has lost self respect than he's also lost his right to be a man.

• Technically he doe's have the right to hit back, but morally he shouldn't. I don't believe in hitting a woman, so if a woman tried to hit me I'd try and block the hit or if she did succeed in hitting me, I'd just be a gentleman about it and walk away.

• I wouldn't. That's sinking down to her level.

• I think no one should hit anyone in the first place. If she slaps him, she should be in trouble somehow. No one has the right to hit someone else. It's unfair as is how women can get away with this (most of the time). But no, he should not hit back. At that moment, he should just walk away and assess the situation as well as give things time to cool off.

• Just don't do it. Never think it. Period. It doesn't matter if he has the right or should have the right. Never do it and don't ever think it. This is great advice for free.

• No, the law here is very clear. If one hits another and the other one hits back then both will be charged fully. There's no excuse for it and I think, this is right. Especially a man should always keep his emotions at bay.

• I had a girl once who slipped me by surprise as hard as she could. It didn't even hurt stood there like a rock. Her face was like OMG I looked at her and was like what was that for. I couldn't hit her back and I did think about it. I would have knocked her out if I would have slapped her back. If she would have spit at me... than SMACK...

• Yes. I'll never understand why some women have no problem saying "men and women are equal. There's no difference!" but when it comes to issues like this, they play up their femininity.

• I say no... and I couldn't bring myself to do it either. Call me whatever you want, but I just don't see anything right in it. #Peace&Love

• It's one thing to argue and yell, it's another to put your hands on someone. She's in the wrong, for starters. But technically I think he does have the right. I as a man wouldn't though... unless it were extreme circumstances.

• i wouldn't be getting hit, i have cat like reflexes. id just leave, if i hit somebody i might end up with man slaughter

• I think a guy would have the right to... I just wouldn't do it myself. I'd be all like 'Crazy bitch hit me', dump her, let her rep go down the drain, and find someone new.

• Wweeeeeeelllll, yes and no, what my father and grandfathers always said was if she slaps you lightly, no but if she hits you like a man, or as hard as possible like she really wants to hurt or fight you than yes

• My opinion would be its never good to slap a woman even its her fault I rather cuss her & just walk away

• Yes, but not with all your strength. But that's probably kinda hard to gauge.

• I mean legally (i think) everyone has a right to defend themselves but i wouldn't do it.

• Obviously. If someone hits you, you have the right to hit back.

• Haha depends on the circumstance but I wouldn't

• Yes, if he wants to commit social suicide.

• Not unless she tries to kill him, then he's allowed to defend himself.

• Forget the gender role. You should generally be the bigger man to not retaliate.

• depends really what he did. unrelated, you have the right to slap the shit out of your girlfriend for cheating on you and thats a fact

• So of the roles were reverse could she beat the shit outta "you"?

• sure. cheating on your significant other is one of the most disgusting and hurtful things someone can do.

• No! Two wrongs won't make a right. Be the better person and don't slap her back just walk away that's the best option

• No, I think its time to revaluate the re;ationship

• Only as hard as she did and he must always stop there.

• Morally yes legally no. with women's lib many good things happened but somehow hitting men and it being socially acceptable is one of the bad side effects. Funny that these days you can easily find a girl to suck your ding dong but there is also a good chance it could be bit or cut off. Now obviously no one has the right to harm another but it happens and justice and equality are still far from the horizon. Hopefully all the playing fields will be fair someday and hopefully violence to both sexes will be at a minimum or even non existent.

• More from Guys
    7