My date didn't talk or smile much. Is he shy or bored?

I just went on a first date with a guy I met on Tinder. We watched movies at my house and went for a walk outside. We chatted every day for about a week before the date and he seemed very sweet and romantic, but once we met in person, he didn't talk or smile much. We did kiss and cuddle a ton though and he talked a bit more as the date progressed and smiled a lot toward the end, and the date lasted over five hours. He also texted me afterward saying he hoped I had an amazing time.

What's confusing though, is I can't tell if he liked me and is shy or if he just wanted a girl to cuddle and make out with. He seemed outgoing when we messaged before the date, so his quietness during the date made me wonder if he was bored. I figure if he wasn't interested though, he wouldn't have stuck around for over five hours and texted me afterward but I also think he would've talked and smiled a lot more.

If a guy is shy and doesn't talk or smile much during a date, is that a bad sign? Also, this guy is a handsome 19-year-old soccer player, so I believe he has no reason to be shy around girls. I'm a 23-year-old model and college graduate, but I'm very friendly and I get along with nearly everyone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh, I've seen people who were socialites online, then were clammed up and awkward in real life. Just because you think someone "has no reason to be shy around girls" doesn't mean that automatically makes him so. Looks are far from everything when interacting with people.

What Guys Said 2

• The guy may just be shy it was just worried that during the date he would mess it up! But just talk to him again and get a second date to see if things change! He was prob nervous cause he was meeting you for the first time

• Can you take private messaging off for a minute? I want to ask you something about tinder.

What Girls Said 2

• Texting is easy but seeing in person is difficult. So this is why he acts weird. You expect the same potential as he texts. But it takes time to be comfortable.
    You seem intimidating by your model look and education and everything. Don't think that everybody is friendly as you. People especially men get intimidated easily. Your guy seems shy, he probably feels so much at the same time. Feelings are huge. You need to give him some time. In meantime, act normal go dates with him, have fun etc.

• Online can be totally different to real life - online, most people seem outgoing, because you sort of always have to reply (unless you want someone to think you're ignoring them).

This is definitely just the first date, so give him more dates and more time to open up. It sounds like you're on the right path :)