Is growing apart to get closer a good thing?

Do you think when two people are growing apart it will make them realise what they need to get back closer? If you get what i mean, do you get what i mean?

Meaning as in having space then starting fresh later on!
I think You will learn to appreciate so much more once something or someone is gone and the heart will grow stronger... and make you realize that you can't live without the

Most Helpful Girl

• I think taking a break from a relationship could go either way. People are able to grow apart from each other even when they are with each other every day. Other times the saying "Absent makes the heart grow fonder" can apply.

If you feel like you are being suffocated in the relationship then maybe just limiting how many times in a week you spend together would be more effective then just 'taking a break'. However if you strongly feel 'taking a break' will strengthen your relationship for the future then you really need to discuss what exactly does 'taking a break' mean to each of you.

Using this method is a gamble, if 'taking a break' means you both are allowed to see other people then both of you are risking that you may find someone else out there that just totally sweeps you off your feet. If you 'take a break' and then later on get back together and either one of you find out that the other person did meet someone and dated them no matter how short the time period and maybe even had sex with them how is that going to make you feel? Is it a risk you are willing to take? Are you ready for a conversation of "Well that person didn't count as cheating because we were on a "break" at the time".

Just because one method worked well for one couple does not mean it is the right method for all couples. The key to a strong relationship is clear communications, and trust. Honesty is most important, being able to explain things and listen to the other person whether or not you like what they are saying. It is a natural defense people do when they hear something they do not like to defend themselves as to why it isn't true. But you need to be willing to listen and communicate honestly.

• some time apart can be the best thing for a relationship sometimes. allows you to miss each other and yes, to realize what you have because being apart also allows you to take a look in from the outside. Makes you realise how much u miss that person, and how it makes you sad without them. sometimes it can backfire though - not only do you realize what you have, you realize what you don't have that you discover is desirable to you. then you start to search for that in other people. talk it out with this other person etc. but for some its a great way ti start fresh :)

What Guys Said 3

• Great question! Dialectics dictates the outcome of having one's own life experiences to compare with others'

• its good to have your own space and have time apart heck yeah otherwise its suffercating

• Growing apart is a nice way of saying "I don't want to know you"

• Not all the time, if you are struggling in a relationship its good to have space and start fresh!

• Look, if you don't want to believe me, that's your prerogative buttttt, I'm telling you how it is... suit yourself but don't come to me crying "he doesn't want me anymore". I'm just going to tell you, I told you so

• It helps some people okay! Lol.

What Girls Said 2

• I guess it works for some people, though I've never experienced that phenomenon.

• Yeaa i mean you know if your struggling in a relationship its nice to have space then later on you can both start fresh :)

• I think for some people You will learn to appreciate so much more once something or someone is gone and the heart will grow stronger... and make you realize that you can't live without the person! And dont worry you will find someone! :) x

• I have someone lol I just wish I had had that chance in the past

• yeah, it can definitely be a good thing. it'll help you realize what you miss about each other, and you'll grow closer. also people change, so allowing yourself time to grow and change on your own, is good. and then later on you can reconnect with the person and its like learning more about them almost.