I really wish I was lesbian?

Okay. So i really want to know what it is like to be sexually attracted to a girl and fascinated by their bodies, but i can't feel that, i can only feel that towards guys.
Another reason why i want to be a lesbian is because in my experience, most men are jackasses. Not to sound sexist or anything. But that's just my experience. It seems to me that women are just more caring and empathetic in general. Sometimes i regret falling for a guy because they turn out to be assholes, but i feel like it would be less like that if i fell for girls instead.
Despite this, i simply cANNOT be attracted to a girl. It just doesn't work that way. When i try to fantasize about girls, I'm never turned on. I feel like a gay person wanting to be straight, but instead I'm actually a straight person wanting to be gay.
I'm curious if this is normal. Does anyone else feel like this? I know bi curious people exist, but to the extent where they actually wish to be LGBT.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey I know exactly how you feel because I have and still am going through the exact same thing with women and am feeling most women are the same way. I disagree with women are just more caring and empathetic in general thing tho because I have run into very nasty and mean women, they are not all like this though. I think there are caring and empathetic men and there are caring and empathetic women. Trust me there are lots of good guys out there we are not all assholes. If you started dating only women you would come across plenty of women that treat you the same way. I know how it feels though but what I am doing is reminding myself not all women are the same, you need to do the same with guys. Because this makes a big difference. Honestly I think these feelings are pretty normal when you have been treated bad by the opposite gender I feel a lot like you about women so I understand and that is because of how badly I have been treated. Where are you meeting guys? Like what types of places? Please don't think I am trying to speak bad a bout women because I don't mean it like that just trying to say to you how I understand :)

What Guys Said 6

• Guys are raised to be jackasses, they're basically seen as "manly" and "masculine" only if they are jackasses. Meaning you need to look for someone who doesn't want to seem "masculine".

• You're not gonna force yourself to be a lesbian. So don't even try. It's literally impossible. It's something u gotta be born with. There are plenty of good, kind hearted guys out there. Some of us aren't lucky enough to meet the perfect person so young. It could take another decade or two. But u gotta get out there.

• I did as well when I was having many hurt feelings over women and breakups. But I realized I am who I am.

• You may be bisexual.

• you should try being with a girl before you label yourself

• I think it is normal to wonder what the other gender sees in you. I can't see anything good about the male body. I think we are so ugly and just don't get what women see in us. The reason why you think men are assholes and women are more caring and empathetic, is because you aren't dating women. The fact is most humans are assholes.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should be proud of your sexuality. We are used to things like gay pride that so many of us forget that we can have pride in being straight too. There's no reason to wish you were something you simply aren't. If you think gay people don't experience heartbreak and don't fall for assholes then you've got that wrong too. I stay with a gay guy and his previous boyfriend cheated on him countless times and didn't even have the decency to break up with him properly. He had to hear from a friend that it was over. So bottom line, the grass may seem greener on the other side, but instead of wishing you were something else, embrace who you are.