Out of curiosity, what does it feel like when you kiss someone?

I've never been kissed before, and I can't really imagine what it would feel like. When kissing a person you love, is it really like they describe in romantic books/movies and fairy tales? Is there really sparks and butterflies? What kind of emotions stir up inside of you? Can kissing the person you love really make you feel like you are walking on clouds? Is it really such a powerful thing? What if you kiss someone you aren't in love with? Is it really different from kissing someone that you do love? Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm really curious... I'm a bit embarrassed asking this sort of question, and I realize that I must sound pretty foolish...

Most Helpful Girl

• From my experience, kisses are different all the time, even with the same person. It depends on the people, the surroundings, and often on your frame of mind at the time.

For the most part, it's always soft and sweet; the only kiss I didn't enjoy much was with way too much tongue haha.

I guess I don't get butterflies very often, I get them more easily when something sweet is said before the kiss. And if I'm already turned on or excited before a kiss, it tends to feel very passionate, like "sparks".

Basically the feelings I get from a kiss stem from what I'm already feeling. When I kiss someone I love, I enjoy the kiss a lot more because I'm really into the guy. On the other hand, if I don't love him, the kiss just happens and I don't really feel anything from it.

It feels very natural anyway; I used to be scared and self-conscious, but I found that there's no reason to be. As long as you're having fun and it feels good, you'll probably enjoy it. And it's neat to experience all those feelings along the way.

• Great answer. :) It was very detailed and insightful. ^-^ Thank you so much for answering.

What Guys Said 4

• If you ask me there is definitely a big difference between kissing someone you love and someone you don't. Given, it's almost always at least like 'oh that was nice' but when it's someone you truly love it just feels like you could spend eternity in the moment and you never want it to end.

• I usually feel nothing when I kiss. The last girl I liked was the only one that evoked any emotion in me. It just felt good and made me happy. Other than that, yea, it's just pressing your lips on something and playing around with your tongue.

• I see. I guess it does have to be a person you really like in order for it to be great, then. Thank you for your answer. ^-^

• I've never been kissed either but one day I shall. Oh yes I will become a man :D

• Lols. ^-^ I'm sure you will, in time. :) I hope that when you do have your first kiss, it's as wonderful as a lot of people describe it to be.

• Oh thanks you too

• I read a lot of books before my first kiss and it was really misleading - they suggested there was some special, unique feeling to it, which I guess there is, but it's very different - mine was quite a passionate kiss, so it just felt really nice in the same way that punching a punchbag when you're angry feels nice - it's like a massive release of tension you've been holding inside you for ages.

What Girls Said 1

• sometimes I get butterflies. that's usually when I kiss someone new. love that feeling. but I also think first kisses are awkward. everyone kisses different so the first kiss you both go about kissing different ways. me and my bf's first kiss was so bad lol. but now its great and I really enjoy kissing him.

• Lols! I see. That makes a lot of sense. ^-^ I haven't even thought about a kiss being awkward before, so it kind of puts a different perspective on kissing. Thank you for your answer. :)