Why are so many women fat these days?

It's so hard to find a girl who doesn't weight as much as a grown man. Why do these girls eat as much as grown men then sit around all day? I'm sure it's the same with men but I am not concerned with them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Where are you from? I'm overweight/obese but a lot of women walking around my city aren't. A lot are but its by no means "hard to find" thin women. Especially not in our age group. Are you in school? If you somehow miss all the slim women walking around in broad day light, they're not hard to find on college campuses at all. Like not at all. lol

So I call bullshit. I live in nyc and there are plenty of people who aren't obese. Unless you have a very restrictive idea of what "fat" is. Then thats your own problem.

Women would be "fat" for the same reasons men are - combination of body chemistry, diet, exercise, lifestyle, etc.

I gained most of my weight as a child. Diet was an issue but I was also depressed and ate my feelings. Also, my endocrinologist mentioned something about insulin resistance possibly and we were going to do blood work to see if that was an issue. She was going to give me meds if I didn't lose a certain amount of weight by a certain time, but I never made it back in and then I moved away from home again. I eat pretty healthily mostly, but I do like to snack and eat out which holds anyone back from losing. I don't gain weight, but I'm not losing much either. I probably eat a lot, yes, but thats because I'm hungry. Sorry, kiddo. Wait, no I'm not. I like food. :)

Body chemistry is a huge factor though. I have so many slim friends who eat like shit and don't gain weight. Or friends who ate just as unhealthily as I did as a kid, but never had the issue of childhood obesity.
    As for me, it takes more than healthy eating to lose weight. You have to create a calorie deficit. So you either exercise frequently or you restrict your calories... Or you can *only* eat healthy and not eat any food from restaurants or any unhealthy snacks. I can't bring myself to do that. It seems wrong.

• And I am a fat vegan for the record. :D

• Its not just based on nyc. But sure, even if nyc is better than average, its still not the best. plenty of cities have lower obesity rates.

• lol @ the comments and answers here. "I think fat girls should stop eating and go to the gym." lmao
      But thats what you usually expect from these discussions.

What Girls Said 31

• there has been a gradual movement towards sedentary lifestyles. the invention of cars, buses, trains eliminated the need to walk all over the place on a daily basis. being in front of a computer for 12 hours straight doesn't help the matter either. the presence of highly unhealthy foods in highly populated areas also doesn't help matters.

• This is slightly ignorant. Not all fat women are lazy pigs. Some have hormone imbalances, some are fat inducing psychiatric meds, some are naturally endomorphic, fast food is cheaper for poor people and almost mockingly costs the same as a gym membership. Try telling a fat hobo to pick between a $10 meal at McDonald's other than a gym membership. Yeah...
    Women are naturally fatter than men: easier to gain it and harder to lose it because of low testosterone. Only recently did the craze for super skinny start historically it's never been this way in any ancient culture or even 60 years ago. Just look at the art or vintage photographs. On top of that the government is trying to kill us by poisoning the food and water supply.
    Working out and being cautious of diet are the 2 things that can merely help with all the above issues modern women face short of training as hardcore as a body builder.

• Im sorry, but 99% of fat women are lazy pigs. Being fat is just a product of poor pure laziness and mental weakness.

• Im not being hateful, im just mad how people always appeal to some form of weakness as an excuse for not accomplishing a goal, whether it be "mental weakness" or whatever.

• Well, laziness is metal weakness. When somebody is worrying about a million other things it's easy to negelect and if they are taking medicines that makes things worse.

• Everywhere you go, especially in city centers, it smells like food. Every event or festivity involves or revolves around food. It's something we all need to survive. Nobody teaches us how much and what to eat, and when we learn, we are already overweight. Most parents are too busy or they don't know themselves and school doesn't teach us about it. Fast food and junk food is everywhere and it's tasty and cheap. In older years, food was not so easy to obtain. In the winter the farms were not producing so many food. They did not know fast food and prepackaged food. Everyone had to work hard to make money, to make food and to live. They did not have so many electric appliances, not even TV or computers. Most christians were fasting. Today food is easily accessible. And the worst the food the cheaper it is. Also, in older years it was too important for women to get married, so they did all they could to look pretty to men. Now they don't care so much about it. Generally, it's the modern way of life that causes it.

• because americans in general are fat as hell. our diet is unhealthy and unnatural and most of us don't have regular gym memberships or burn enough calories.

• There is hardly any difference in overweightness between men and women. I often wonder where all the fit, tall muscular guys went.
    But here's a piece of advice, join a sport. I went on a surfing trip last weekend with my colleges surf club and there were some real hot guys there

Though I hope you know women are supposed to have more fat than men. Being extremely thin is dangerous. Just saying because a lot of guys find only underweight women attractive these days

• They are only supposed to be slightly more fat, women use this excuse to stay fat.

• lol, no it's not. Obviously.
      Now I see why you think most women are fat, but that is your issue. You need to work on that

• Women are supposed to have 20% more body fat than men

• western diet (high fat, high protein) is spreading through out the world, in combination with sedentary lifestyles for example, driving everywhere rather than walking or cycling.

• True! It still doesn't take genetics and variable metabolisms into account.
      I did a paper on this in HS and was surprised on how little is truly known about it.

• Its too much sugar and carbs that make people fat.

• No fat makes people fat. Even if a diet is high in carbs the fat gain is from dietary fat.

• Obesity is somewhat a medical mystery. We know some of the causes but are lost as to exactly it happens.
    Overall, diets cause stress and failure is common.
    Many doctors think we binge by "stress eating". I do that myself, but can hardly put on a pound.

• Its not a medical mystery Its just plain laziness.

• @kheserthorpe they were hardworking for the most part, because it was needed to survive in the open environment.

• lol its not a mystery. people just dont gain weight for no reason. obesity isn't something you catch like a cold. more of an eating disorder, the opposite of anorexia but more wide spread

• too much junk food available, no home cooking but rather takeaways and shit, lazzy, eating too much because it available and people use it for all kinds of things like for example when they are bored, no exercise/moving enough (being too sedentary)...

• actually it is a biological thing that women are heavier than men, they have more fat storage in their body. The only way I can describe it is cavemen. women were meant to be fat to have food for the baby and live of the fat whilst the children ate most of the food. The men however were the hunters therefore they were supposed to be skinny and fast to catch the food. It is hard to explain without the correct terminology, but basically it is biological, so don't blame all the women/girls you see who aren't as skinny as the celebrities you see on tv as they have personal trainers and chefs to help them lose their weight, especially after having a child. :)

• We have one extra layer of fat. I wish we could blame everything on that.
      Pregnancies mess with us terrible though. Our hormones go crazy.

• That women are supposed to be overweight? No it's not. They have more fat for breast thighs and ass but having a gut doesn't make you healthy.

• Well then OK

• Food is love, food is life💕

• We like food

• Most girls have started embrazing an unhealthy and lazy lifestyle, and with media starting to call them curvy, and songs like anaconda, they don't feel like there is something they should do. I think it's incredible stupid and fat girls should stop eating and go to the gym

• What's your definition of fat?

I'm personally considered "overweight" but if you look at my body I'm not. I fit the anaconda lyrics. Big butt and thighs and flat stomach, small waist and average breast size. So I would like to know what you consider fat?

• Any extra fat bassicly, the ass and boobs can have a litlle extra, but as soon fat starts to show anywhere else, I would start thinking the girl should hit the gym

• Because food is love. It is kind of unfair that men can eat almost twice as much as women and still stay fairly lean. Guhh, sometimes I wish I were a guy XD

• I can eat a lot and stay skinny as well :p but I eat vegan and very healthy so that way I can eat lots without getting fat XD

• Easier to put weight on that lose it.

• Obesity is an epidemic.

• Society is lazy, lives off of fast food, frozen food, processed food, etc, and most people work desk jobs and don't do much.

• What's your definition of fat?

• Because food taste damn good !

• So I assume you like scrawny types better than meaty one?

• False dichotomy "Oh you don't like fat women so you must like bone skinny women, wahhh wahh wahh" cry me a river.

• Petite is the better term

• ahh petite. i understand that.

• What's your definition of fat?

• Technology has made us lazy! I'm actually quite active and so is most of my family!

• People prefer fast food than cook

• Us small girls like to be with a nice guy. One who will not judge our big or small friends.

• A better question would be:
    Why are so many men shallow, judgmental, a-holes these days? It's so hard to find a guy that cares more about what kind of personality a girl has than how much fat she has on her body.

Not saying that physical attraction isn't important, but basing your opinion of someone on their body type is pretty sad.

• Everyone does it not just guys.

• it goes both ways, I've seen lots of shallowness on the girls end. a lot of girls won't date bald guys or guys who aren't tall enough. you can lose fat but you can't make yourself taller

• Women in general are more shallow then men. You may not be shallow, (which is good), but most girls are.

• it's not only women it's everyone coach potatoes everywhere

• More males are too fat than females, statistically. We're just pressured to get over it more. I think both sexes need more exercise and to break free of the evils of American food, which is engineered to addict and kill us.

• ... And what do you consider fat?
    Honestly I don't think there is any hold in your accusations. Girls aren't there to satisfy you, and look how you please.

• Most men and women are fat to the point it makes their health worse.

How about that?

• I almost never see anyone my age and 10 years+ who is too fat. There is hardly any who is overweight at my school. Older women there are a few of, who are overweight, but not many fat ones. And it's not his deal, how big a girl is. It's up to her, not him!

• @kheserthorpe

• Why do fat men expect to date only slim or fit or in shape women?

• because they actually can.

• @blackathlete you have no life
      Why else would you have the time to reply to every answer attacking people
      Grow up
      Why don't you want to answer the question
      Reported again

• @blackathlete I work at twin peaks you are required to be fit to work there
      Come at me dumbass

• Poor life choices. There are many people who are overweight for health reasons that are beyong their control, but I think the majority are lazy and don't want to eat healthy or excercise. I take pride in my body, my husband deserves to keep the woman he married, I'll work hard to keep it that way.

• Where do you live? Girls barely weigh anything where I live.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 13

• So it's a problem when women do it, but you aren't concerned about men doing it? Last I checked, women can be sexually attracted to men too. Perhaps the lack of enticing men has killed their hopes of finding someone they'd like and they're drowning their sorrows with fucking burgers?

• Because cheeseburgers are easy , treadmill is hard

• There's no doubt that it's happening, and now more than ever before.
    In 1960, 54% of the adult population in the USA were not overweight.
    Now, less than 29% of that adult population are not overweight, and the average adult's weight is within 7% of being obese.

* Overeating and a bad diet would be some of it. It's quite difficult to get fat on a diet of fruit and vegetables.
    * Being lazy, unfit and inactive must have an effect. I know a woman who lost an enormous amount of weight, just by walking 5 miles home from work each day instead of catching the bus. If you can't run a mile in reasonable time, you're physically in trouble. Some couldn't run a mile if their life depended on it, in any amount of time.
    * TOXIC CHEMICALS in the food chain have an effect too, and the more you eat, the more exposure. It's not only in processed food (but more likely), but even residual pesticides etc on fruit and vegetables. Some of these chemicals are OBESOGENS, which cause an increase in body fat retention. Others have effects on hormone levels. Hormone levels also have an effect on body fat, and some hormone levels have been reducing world wide by about 1% per year.

• Depends on what you mean by fat.

I mean, this girl is quite obviously huge, I can fit inside her twice by the WIDTH of my BODY

media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...a2c6aef3ffb9.jpg

While this isn't fat:

38.media.tumblr.com/.../...y5b22D1qcl5svo1_500.jpg

Honestly, the real problem with obesity is how WIDE people tend to be. Who cares if someone has a bit of a belly?

• Because most modern day women are too lazy too exercise, or go on a diet. I have never met a fat vegetarian, let alone a fat vegan. America is full of greasy unhealthy fast foods, yes, but America is geared towards pleasing women and children before men. So who get fat more often? Women and Children.

P. S. my neighbor went on a vegetarian diet about six months ago. She's lost about 60 lbs.! :D

• I know a bunch of fat vegetarians, for the record.

• Really? Do they stick to their diet? Cookies, Ice Cream and sweets aren't meat but obviously they are unhealthy, no? That's very unusual...

• 0|0
    • The first two I can understand kinda... but morbid obesity... I can't

• @been_waiting
      I see obese women as more to conquer. I'd totally help them lose weight, but I also can't help feeling attracted to them lol.

• 3rd one is a bit too much woman for me

• Actually appetite has to do with your weight, not your gender. It's normal for a grown woman to eat as much as a grown man, it's a pretty outdated and restrictive idea that women need to eat less because they're women.

And if you're sure it's the same with men then you could make the easy assumption that it's bad diet mixed with a sedentary lifestyle, but I guess what you're doing is reproaching some women for not conforming to what you consider attractive, which nobody cares about.

• hope by fat you don't mean just a little overweight

• LOL!!! SHIT STORM ALERT!!

• Here we go...

• People in general just keep eating more and exercising even less

• The same reason so many men are fat. They consume vastly more calories than they use.

• It's not even vastly. 100 calories a day over a decade is 100 lbs weight gain.

• @kheserthorpe Yeah, but 100 calories a day for a decade is a lot of calories. I didn't specify that it was vastly more calories in than out each day, just over the time they have become fat :)

• It's because of terrible diets and all these campaigns for fat acceptance.