Would you date a gamer?

I just wanna know some different answers and reasons because I had a very Intresting discussion about this topic with my friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm hit or miss with it. I game but I don't have the new consoles. I feel gaming is going downhill in a lot of ways. But I still like the games I got. I could easily date a girl gamer as long as they wanted to do other things. I go to the gym and like to do things as well as game. Girls who have dated gamers have struggled because a lot of them play MMOs like WoW and EQ and their relationships crumbled. While an organization like OLGANON gets a shitload of hate from gamer communities... it's a very real problem.

I used to be super hooked on gaming and when I finally cut down my gaming, I noticed how bland it got nowadays. It easily causes depression because the day technically gets wasted away. It's one thing to have a marathon on a new game that you're super excited for. But it is a big problem when someone games 3-4+hrs a day obsessively.

Also the prices of games and stuff nowadays is atrocious. 60 dollars for a game... then every few months 15 because of DLC they could've included in the game? No thanks...

What Girls Said 24

• I don't think I could date someone who wasn't a gamer, honestly.

• haha, you're a boss

• @Jonzor Aw yeah, I always wanted a PS2. I do have the PS3 and I'll probably get the PS4 buut I'm still debating on whether or not to get the Wii U

• My PS3 died :(, the one and only fault in PS3 design is the connection paste used as it flakes after about 6 years of frequent use. :/ otherwise that console is invisible :/

• depends on how obsessed he is with gaming. if he's some kinda freak then no way. if its just a leisurely thing he does once in a while then yeah id b ok with it.

• I'm in a long-term relationship with a gamer.

The problem with that is games are addictive. At least to me. If I sit down to play, I get sucked in for hours - usually play through at least half the game in one sitting.

But I've learned to balance myself, haha.

• haha you can't complain if you are more addicted than the gamer itself

• i would if i was as old as 14 beacause they sound good to date when you wanna after school, play vedio games, eat chips, and probally fool around a little but if the gamer is over 25 then its like pointless and really unhealthy like can it be a career choice?

• Gaming can be a career but as long as being healthy is involved and not being lazy

• @jointhepatriarchy I think a soldier deck can easily get turned down by massremoval/control decks. I have a infect deck for turn 2 wins, a blue/black control with infect dmg and a equip deck with stoneforgemistics n shit. I don't like that hydra as it's an easy target for counterspells and cheap removal

• That's why I have 4 of them and 4 elixirs of immortality... But you're right, a couple of Murders or something can really fuck up that deck's swag.

• Depends. How much time will they spend there over the real world? I totally get gaming as a need for escape or stress relief--I do it myself for that. But not excessively. It could be fun to game together, but not for hours and hours and hours and never doing anything else.

• I would and I am.

• I want a gamer as a boyfriend so bad it's not even funny. LOL.
    Actually, guys who aren't gamers probably wouldn't even be attracted to me, since gaming is such a huge part of my life. xD

• What games do you play again?

• @Barbosa I will as soon as I get the chance! :p Maybe I'll see about renting it if they have it at the movie rental store. Either that, or buy it when it becomes cheaper. :3

• Yeah, both games have an excellent storyline.

• Probably not, but it I would be willing to try.

• i wouldn't but only if i was a gamer myself, i don't mind my boyfriend to play games, that way i can have my own time, but when games become more important than me that;s a dealbreaker

• Sure, al long as it's no obsession and doesn't interfere with anything essential, I'm cool with that.

• Absolutely, especially since I am a gamer myself.

• as long as not hardcore it is fine

• I'd never date anyone, but if I would it would be a gamer. I'm an extreme gamer myself, and this way I'd have a common interest

• All of my boyfriends have been gamers. I am not a huge gamer, but i like learning the games and attempting to play them :P

• I am one so it would be weird if the guy I dated wasn't hahaha

• I'm a gamer so if my guy is a gamer that's just a plus!!!

• If I would date, duh, im a gamer myself :D

• They live in their own virtual world..

• Yes, I don't see why not. Since I also game it would give us something in common.

• sorry but no

• am dating a game designer so yeah :3

• A hardcore gamer that plays 16 hours a day? No. A person who enjoys video games? Yes. I wouldn't call myself a gamer, but I like to play from time to time. Everything in moderation right? XD

• Maybe yes.

• Yes I would cause lots of gamers are hot and interesting.

• Good one.
      Most of them are really invested in games because they're not hot and are socially awkward.

What Guys Said 10

• I'm a gamer guy. And to be brutally honest, I've been pissed off at Gamer Girls for over a decade now. Back in school I knew plenty of girls who played video games, but none of them sat at the nerd table with us hardcore gamers and played Pokemon cards or Magic the Gathering with us. They didn't want to affiliate with us because they might get our nerd cooties and be deemed unpopular. So they all came to school in their Abercrombie & Fitch or Aeropostale shirts, and their birkenstocks and ugg boots, and sat with the preps and worried more about their popularity than having fun with like-minded people.

The vast majority of gamer girls I've met also sucked. Most of them sat around bragging about being a girl, and expected everyone else to coddle them and let them win just because they have a vagina. A lot of them were attention whores. The ones who weren't seemed to be hardcore bitches. One time a girl zealot rushed my neighbor in a game of Phantom on Starcraft 2. I just sent a couple of void rays into her base, walled off my ramp with cannons, and laughed as her 40 zealots died trying to get past my cannon wall as I sniped all her pylons with my void rays. Later on I found out she was the number 10 ranked player in the world. That's hilarious because I'm a bronze league n00b, basically a nobody in that game, and I owned her shit so fucking easy. After that she'd just leave the lobby whenever she seen I was in there.

So yeah, I honestly prefer to date non-gamer girls than to date gamer girls who think they're better than gamer guys. Non-gamer girls don't act so damn stuck up when they find out I'm a nerd who watches cartoons and play video games. But for some reason gamer girls who do those things themselves see that as a turn-off, something that makes me less of a man in their eyes, and I think that's just fucking stupid and hypocritical. It's like if male basketball players refused to date girls on the women's basketball team for being losers...

cf.chucklesnetwork.com/.../...-day-omg-youre-a.jpg

• Depends on the games you play. I'm always up for a round of StarCraft II.
    But most people aren't. It's a dead game...

Anyways, it's all about time management. And if the female herself can invest time into playing video games. There are many who do.

• I would always prefer for my girl to game. Like when I ask "you wanna play some minecraft" she would be more than happy to play. It isn't a need but defiantly something that's desriable. it would also benefit the fact that wony have to be a single way activity. You two can play and both have a great time.

• Women don't know that those DOTA players be getting payed millions of dollars. I bet they won't be trying to bash those gamers any longer!

• I dated a girl gamer. I think my favourite part was how many nights per week she couldn't see me because it was raid night with her WoW guild. I went one better and now she sees me no nights per week, ever.

• I assume you mean hardcore gamer? Someone who spends the majority of their free time playing games? A lot of people game nowadays because of social media games on Facebook or mobile games. More households have desktops and laptops and video game consoles are mainstream now.

• i definitely would. Actually, you could say i have a preference for girls who are gamers, because i really like gaming myself. Probably wouldn't date a girl who didn't like gaming

• dating a gamer girl is a dream come through for me

• Go to conventions, there's plenty of us there. We're also on the internet a lot, which is where you're mote likely to find a gamer.
      I found my boyfriend through Okcupid.

• not a bad idea... thanks for telling me. since for some reason i do have a hard time finding gamer women here in my boring town where most of the women here are club rats, hoochie mammas aka a major TURNOFF for me

• guess we live with the same destiny

• Hell yes. Gamer girls are hot as hell and some of the sweetest people when you get to know them!

• Why do i need to date, when I can play games? :P