Why do most guys (6ft and over) seems to date short women (5'2)?

I have a cousin who's only 5'1 and her husband is 6'6!! What the hell? Most of the NBA players have regular size girls. Shaq O'Neal is 7'1" and his girlfriend is TINY! She is only 5'2. LeBron James is 6'8 and his wife is average but don't know how tall she is exactly. Kobe Bryant is 6'6 and his wife is average height. Us tall ladies want tall men too. I'm a 6'2 young woman and it's unfair for petite and average size ladies to steal all the handsome tall men. I get short guys hitting on me. I asked out this 6'9 guy two months ago and he rejected me and now is going out with a short girl. What a waste of height! Very tall men going out with tiny spinners, petite! I WILL NEVER BE PETITE!!! Ever! It pisses me off when tall men are with short women. Why can't tall guys appreciate a tall girl for once?

• Stop whining and give a short guy a chance
  • Tall women are intimidating
  • Tall women and girls are too picky
  • We can date whoever's we want
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Guy

• 'short women (5'2)...' 5'2" is around average height for women in a lot of countries around the world and isn't even considered 'short' by that standard. Indirectly, it would be uncommon to see super tall men with taller women statistically speaking.

'Why do most guys (6ft and over) seems to date short women (5'2)?' The reason why you think it seems like this to you is because you using examples of this case to strengthen your generalization (your cousin and celebrities) which is confirmation bias.

'Why can't tall guys appreciate a tall girl for once?' I know you are upset but I find it ironic you are complaining that tall guys wouldn't give you chance when you wouldn't give a 'short' guys a second look. I guess that's just the way the world works...

• I don't want women dating me out of pity because I'm short. If a girl has an issue with my height that's her problem and the great news for her is that there's billions of taller men out there she can choose from. :)

• @TheYellowBear It's interesting because her dating a shorter guy out of pity would suggest that he has nothing offer apart from his height (which she had issues with to begin with). Which would be a double standard because I'm sure most women who end up being with taller men wouldn't just being with their man for *just* his height; it would be other things in which he has to offer also.

What Guys Said 36

• In my personal experience, and those I've witnessed (All my friends except two were tall) short girls are more proactive in pursuing tall men. Tall girls kind of wait. If we find two girls attractive, and one is showing more interest, who is a guy going to risk courting?

• seriously i think its just stupid people are putting up boundaries on who they will NOT date based on physical appearance. its eliminating tons of potential relationships that could have been amazing. personally i find a girl attractive if I think she's attractive. she could be a foot taller than me or a foot shorter than me and i wouldn't care. if i liked her than i liked her. its how it should be

• I'm 6'2 the same height as you and to be honest, I don't like girls that are almost as tall as me or the same height as me. I prefer girls around 4'10-5'6. There's nothing wrong with taller women but they're just not attractive to me. My girlfriend is only 5'0" and of course I love her for who she is. I love her personality. Most guys like picking up their girl and giving them piggy back rides are fun. Why don't you give a short man a chance and stop whining?

• generally, its preference and whats mostly available on the market.

• Yes, I'm 6'2" and I find shorter women <5'6" to be super cute. Whatever. I'll still date up to 6'.

With my experience, taller women usually have more "filled out" bodies and thus are more picky with their men. Height and size don't have the same effect on them as it does shorter women. So trying to find a taller girl to date is harder because (1) There's less of them, & (2) They want more attractive guys.

• I'm sick of seeing this same question over and over again. Okay just like you tall guy have the right to choose and so what is most of them choose short girls that's their choice. You can either date a short guy, wait until you find a tall guy who dates tall women, or just suck it up and deal with it. Life isn't fair. I'm 6'3" and I like short girls, just not too short where I break my back.

• Oh look I got voted down for speaking the truth. No surprise there.

• I (6'2) find petite girls cuter... they tend to be drawn to me too. I'm not saying I wouldn't date a tall girl.

• Date Leonardo DiCaprio

• I'm 6'1 and to be honest, I have to go for a shorter girl and based on a maximum heel of 5 inches I have to go for shorter girls of a maximum height of 5'8~5'9 and I would go all the way to 5'1 in terms of shortness

• I don't think there is a science behind it and they don't measure the women ☺ but there is definitely an element of the guys liking smaller girls to pick up and throw around the bed. And I'm sure the girls that like tall men enjoy that side of it too.

• geez tall girls are the worst

• I honestly have been trying to date taller women, I don't consciously of course turn down woman who are short, but it's nice for a woman to be at least 5'5+ since I'm 6'2.

• I'm 6' tall and my fiancee is 5'10" for what it's worth.

• I like tall girls as in 2 inches under or 3 inches over me. I'm 6'0. Tall girls come off as a challenge to me because there's more of them to love... and conquer ;)

• I am 6ft exactly (with socks... and a good pair of shoes.) and i find tall girls extremely attractive problem is they want someone taller than me!
    Try tall people meet. com or something lol good luck!

• You sound like someone who feels entitled to a tall man and is extremely bitter towards smaller women.

People are free to date who they want. Short men and tall women have to accept that they are not as desirable as tall men and short women are but just because they aren't as desirable doesn't mean they can't find loving relationships. It's just a little more difficult for those two groups of people.

• I'm relatively tall and I prefer short petite girls

• its not the guys choose short girls the girls choose tall guys

there's a theory which says that the gender that invests the most into the offspring is always the mate chooser (women have to carry a child for 9 months and then look after it a man dosntt so thats why women are always the choosers)

women like tall guys because of evolution, they are better protectors

• because it boost their egos i guess and they can manipulate her more easily

• It's not the height that's attractive. It's that most times, short girls are really hot

• Simple: Blowjobs

• My height is 5'9 and a half, and I wouldn't mind dating women that are tall, even the ones that are taller than me. My gf is 5'7, so that is tall for a woman.

• Date a basketball player.

• i am 6'4 and personally i don't care about a woman's height as long as i am taller than her so yeah no big deal for me

• People like contrast... it's sexy I guess

• I am one of those guys that's 6 3 and likes girls shorter as well

• There is tall guys that date tall women. Tall guys that date short women too of course. There is short gys that date shorter women, and short guys that date taller women. Date what you find attractive, don't date a height.

• Why does height have to matter? Fuck being short. I wish I was tall.

• Its easy to piggyback !!

• So I'm too heavy?

• I don't see you've mentioned your weight anywhere. In any case tall girls can be a little heavy at times and not to forget their long limbs !!

• im 5'7 :/
    wish taller than

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 19

• Lmao, I doubt you're actually a tall girl, or over 18, but I'll humor you.

Girl, first of all calm the fuck down. You're so obsessed with tall guys you're stalking tall dudes to find out how short their girlfriend's are? LOL seriously? Can we say pathetic?
    Secondly, attraction just happens. Do you get pissed if you see a fat chick with a skinny guy? Or light skin girl with a dark skin guy? You realize how stupid it is to get bothered just because people aren't dating "like with like" anymore? Do you also realize how ridiculous it is to let OTHER PEOPLE'S relationships get to you?
    Third, I can understand having preferences, but stop knocking others for not sharing your preferences or for not preferring you.
    Also, we aren't "stealing tall men", if a tall guy rejects you, as you said in your scenario, and dates a short woman. She didn't "steal him" from you, cuz he was never yours to begin with. You aren't entitled to tall men just cuz you're tall. Lmao, get over yourself will ya? -_-

I'm 4'11 tiny and petite, and tall guys ask me out all the time. In fact, both of my 2 ex boyfriends were tall. 6'1 and 6'0. I had one of my guy friends 6'2 ask me out, another one 6'4. and even a guy as tall as 6'6 ask me out. I didn't go out with them, but even if I did, sorry tall ladies, if he's single, it's fair game. I don't have a preference for tall or short guys, I really don't care, as long as he treats me well.

P. S. If a tall guy dates a petite girl, trust me, it's not a "waste of height" ;)

• Honestly, I have absolutely no idea. I've only been asked out by tall guys. And only tall guys seem to be interested in me. It's like I am invisible for short or average heighted ones. According to my other short female friends, the same thing happens to them too.

• Amen. And all the shorter guys want taller girls! I don't want to feel like I have to protect my date :P

Just kidding, but agree it is annoying!

• Are you a tall girl too?

• I am 5'9". I prefer guys 6' and above... but I will give shorter guys a chance if they wow me with personality.

It is normal that a woman wants to feel protected and secure, and generally being with a taller guy makes her feel that way. I have no issue with men shorter than I... I consider it MY quirk, not their problem or anything to do with them physically, if that makes sense.

• Most people I date are 6'5 or 6'7 lol and I'm 5ft.5in lol I think men like to feel big and girls like tall guys because it feels safer. Like when I'm standing beside someone who is 6'5 300lbs nobody in their right mind is gonna try to fuck with me. And I don't ever hesitate to get my bf on somebody lol

Tall girls are gorgeous though. What's wrong with dating shorter guys?

• Honey there's no reason to tear down another group, because your jealous. You say you don't want guys to dismiss you because your tall, yet you dismiss guys because they're short; that's make you a hypocrite. Also don't blame people for who they love, we're start Dating people for a bunch of different reasons. Short girls have great physical attributes just like tall girls. So let's just embrace them

• Psychological research was done on this, and many men prefer smaller women due to an instinct in them, the need to be dominant, and the need to protect, the smaller the woman, the more masculine he feels.

• 6'2'' is huge for a girl, sorry to say:(. Short or average looks more feminine and legs look better in high heels. I'm average and I'm very happy with it.

• Wow, that was very harsh. It's like your saying that taller girls are manly and masculine. Shame on you! Would you call regular tall girls (5'7-5'10)?

• You're impossible! I don't care about heights or if women are feminine or not if they are taller. I'm not saying that, but this is what most men think. Come on now, I'm not saying you ain't worth dating only because of your height, but it seems that you're a little insecure and frustrated. I don't think men rejected you because of your height, maybe you didn't find the right one for you. And now you don't have to start a war on short girls because they are more desirable to a vast majority of men, because this is what your question looks like. I end this conversation right here because it seems like you did not get the point in what I said and many of the things you said seemed twisted out of any semblance to reality. Thank you for your time.

• Geez you didn't have to be so rude. I'm just asking a simple question.

• You aren't entitled to anyone especially not on the basis of height. You think a short girl is supposed to turn down a tall guy and say "you're supposed to date someone tall" ?

• my friend is 6'2 and she gets all the guys in the world. You're too caught up on what other people like that you can't notice that people like you too. Maybe you have a bitchy attitude or something and that's why you can't get a taller guy or a guy relative in size. Have you thought of why you won't give a short guy a chance? We're all human and you can't change someone's preference. Get over it.

• Boy she's ever lucky! I can't even get men.

• She's kind of a hoe, I think that's why. Be more flirtatious but in a subtle way and don't whine. Plus, a tall guy and a short girl tend to make average height babies , so it isn't too bad.

• You would hate me haha, anyway relax the right one will stumble along?

• I'm 5'2 and the guy I'm with is 6'7". He told me that he wanted a girl that was just as tall as him. But it's hard to find them and don't have time to wait around. So find who's attracted to you and if they're good to you then keep them. Don't be rude to us small ggirls about it. We didn't chose this height just like you didn't either. Embrace what you have cause you can't change it. :)

• 6'2 is very huge for any female, no offense. Why don't you just give a short man a chance? No wonder most taller women like you are too picky.

• Maybe it's your attitude that's keeping guys away from you. Taller guys have every right to date whoever they want. There's tall guys that like tall girls okay? Some guys said shorter and average sized girls are more feminine. Taller women are feminine too. Why won't you give a short guy a chance? Everyone has their own tastes so get over it.

• Now you're saying that I'm not feminine enough? I'll have you know that I AM feminine and I'm not masculine! How dare you?

• As a short guy I do find it insulting when people pity me for my height and say "give a short guy a chance". No thank you. :)

• @TallAmazon: I didn't say tall women looked masculine! If you read my comment carefully, then you would get it. Jeez. You're impossible to talk to! I don't want to start an argument so I might as well end this conversation. End of discussion and good day.
      @Little: Thank you!

• Sorry... I don't like guys that are 6 ft and over. :)... Short people are feisty.

• Opposites attract each others, they say. Look down, maybe there's a small guy who is interested in you haha x)

No, seriously, heights has nothing to do with it for me, as long as the guy isn't shorter. You'll find a tall and hot guy, I'm sure ;)

• I guess. The guy I was supposed to go out with just now texted me saying that we can't go out. He lied to me and I overheard him saying to his friends, "6'2 is very tall for a girl and I don't want that. Very tall women are intimidating and gross..." that crushed me.

• What an ass! He is such a stupid ass for playing with your feelings.

• I'm just going to stay single.

• Im sure they dont carry tape measures around with them, measuring every potential gf height to check if she. is or isn't a certain height

• Hahaha maybe he wants someone shorter so their babies will hopefully be average height?

• Awww... but I find taller girls more attractive!!!
    Short girls are like quake quake quake ducks XP
    Always remember "Tall girls have that sexy legs" ;)

• You're not necessarily going to have short kids for having a short baby daddy. My friend is 6'0. Her mom is 5'5 and her dad is 6'4 or so.