Down with the swirl?

Soooooo I've come to you all today on the topic of interracial dating. Yayyyy. Lol. Anywho I just want you guys' opinion on it. I am a swirler, but I've recently been having people trying to discourage me from doing it because it's, "what's breaking up the black family". I think that's a load, but yeah. Give me your opinions please, and thank-you. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• How old are you? I read your bio and your SO CUTEE ahahaa!

Anyways I'm a swirler too. And my opinion is you like what you like. People will give you their input on how to live you life butt it's YOUR life :)

• I'm 16, but I'm a Senior in High School. Lol. I'm actually turning 17 on the 23. Thank-you so much. Lol. Yes, I totally agree. If people could just accept that everyone is different, and that, like you said, you like what you like, then the world would be such a simpler place. Whoo-hoo!! Go team swirlers. Hahaha.

• Thanks for mho! Im a senior too, and i'll be 18 in march :D

• Np. You're so lucky!! Im barely turning 17 Sunday, the 23rd, and then I will get left behind AGAIN while everyone else turns 18. :( Boooooo. Lol. ^_^

What Guys Said 7

• what generally tends to break up the black family... for the past 40 years is single parent families. father's who disappear forcing the black mother to raise a child alone... THAT is what is proven to break up the "black family". those people who are saying that interracial dating is the cause of deterioration of the black family are most likely bigots and insecure that interracial dating will somehow isolate them from dating

• Ain't nothing wrong with interracial dating. Although I've mainly dated black girls I have dated outside and actually been involved with a girl who wasn't black. As long as their is chemistry and your personalities mesh well then go for it. Just be aware that some people out there are backward as all hell. Make sure whoever you date sees yo more than your skin tone or cultural background. Good luck

• I'm white and I love all women equally except white girls... Most men out white girls on a pedestal and they are usually mega bitches and I just refuse to deal with it. I've been with white girls but I find the other races much more appreciative and loving then white girls.

• Some people are more "old school" and consider each ethnic group as a separate species,

and equate interracial couples to "a dog and a cat having sex" type of unnatural abomination.

-----
    *shrug * Sounds rather closed minded to me. We are all human, take love wherever u can, even if your ethnic groups are different. Don't self impose handicaps. :-D

• That is EXTREMELY closed minded. Psht. Of course not!! Nothing anyone could say would stop me. I just thought it was am interesting topic. Hahahaha. Thank-you.

• Swirl away!

• I'm black and I have a thing for snowbunnies. :D

• Looking at the quality of the person is much more important than looking at the color. So yeah, interracial couples are great, in my opinion

• Yes. It doesn't matter what the color of their skin is. As long as the person is good to you, and you love each other.

What Girls Said 4

• it's the 21st century! 0_0 why not? besides, mixed babies are ALWAYS so cute <3

• So question... do you like black guys at all? I'm curious.

• Oh yes, of course. Lol. Chocolate is wonderful. Black is still beautiful. Recently I've just found myself more attracted to white guys though.

• I'm black and my boyfriend is white. I date all races and I don't have any specific gender preferences. Interracial dating can get tough sometimes because there are still many ignorant people out there that think you care about their opinions or comments and it can get to you sometimes. I've been called white-washed, a sellout, and people always assume I'm with him for "status" or I must somehow hate black guys. It's annoying but I love my boyfriend and don't care what anyone has to say about us and that's all that matters. : )

• Yes! You go girl. I 100% agree. People can be so ignorant, and they don't even realize it. It's just sad. I'm glad you're happy though. I hope you guys have a long prosperous future together!! <3

• Thanks!

• You're so totally welcome!!

• Skin colour is absolutely irrelevant when it comes to any type of relationship!!