Do girls like guys who have low self-esteem?

I have low self-esteem so can I get a girlfriend while I have low self-esteem?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not necessarily. If it's something like not understanding her thinking your cute or whatever it won't really affect it negatively i don't think unless you're super against every compliment she gives or if you always talk down about yourself. That's going to pose a broken problem. It's a myth that girls like guys with low self esteem and it started with everyone thinking that girls have such a strong maternal instinct that they wan't to help anyone who needs it or take in all the strays or help a bird with a broken wing kind of thing but that's not really true. Maybe at a point it was not not anymore. And if a girl likes you solely for your bad self image then something is wrong and she has a mother complex. Sorry man :/ I have some pretty iffy self esteem and so does my girlfriend but it didn't really play a part in our relationship because we both understood it doesn't have anything to do with the connection we feel. Good luck!!

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah of course! I don't think it would be a problem, and I think most girls would see it as an opportunity to help a guy feel happier about himself. Plus, I (and I asahme other girls) would much prefer someone with low self esteem than someone who has an excess.

• nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono

• I am impressed.

• Girls (me anyway) like guys going places with both business and personal goals.
      For the most part they have a balance of self esteem and humbleness that makes them a catch for any girl.
      :)

• Sounds tough.

• Yeah I like guys who aren't full of themselves. Then again it doesn't hurt to have a little confidence.

• Very much depends on the guy; if I liked him anyway his low self esteem wouldn't put me off and probably I'd want to look after him and make him feel better

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think anyone really likes anyone with a low self esteem

• They really kinda don't.

• No, and this is coming from a guy with low self-esteem.

• Yes you can get a gf.. I bet i have a lower self esteem than you but even i was able to get a gf.. Keep trying.. GL to u

• Or, OR... how about you actually address your insecurities and issues?