I asked for a second date and she replied with "yeah maybe", what does this mean?

The date went really well, we were already laughing a bit in the first couple minutes when I picked her up. During the movie I had my arm on her leg and at one point she was resting her shoulder on mine. I also had her laughing throughout the movie as well.. after the movie it was basically me making the conversation as if she was nervous and didn't know what to say. So what does maybe mean lol? Should I just let her go.. How do I respond to "yeah maybe"?

• Move on?
  • Or wait until she gives me a sign in the future?
So should I respond to that text or just let it be for now?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she probably want to but is trying to play it cool and casual rather than being like 'YES PLEASE I WANT ALL YOUR BABIES!!11!'

I think you should keep trying if you like her because you have nothing to loose. If you are persistent (not pressuring her, but showing her consistently that you would like to see her again) I bet she might say yes. Not because you are forcing her to, because that would be wrong, but it would show her that you do really like her which might make her like you more in turn.

• thanks for most helpful answer :) I honestly bet she does like you and is just playing hard to get, otherwise she's straight out say no. Good luck!

• We'll see hahaa

What Girls Said 5

• That's just the way girls make you guys curious but it actually means yes

• She either has other options and she's weighing them, or she's just playing hard to get. So figure that out first and then figure out what to do...

• The maybe probably means no. I would back off for a bit and let her come to you. You threw out the offer, if she wants to accept it she knows where to go. If not, her loss.

• May sound a bit weird... But being a woman myself and knowing plenty... Ignore here for 2 weeks and she will come crawling back. When she comes back act aloof but happy.

• She was either nervous, unsure or doesn't want a second date. It's hard to figure out which one it is with only a couple of words to base the answer on. After I met my boyfriend the first time I told him "maybe" when he asked me out because I was unsure but he kept contacting me and won me over. If it was me I would text/call her and just have normal conversations. If she seems interested and initiates contact aswell I would ask her out again and see what her answer is :)

• So should I respond or just leave it be for now?

• If you're interested you definitely should respond

What Guys Said 6

• She might be playing the field.. it doesn't necessarily mean she's not interested in you. But it definitely means she's not madly in love! So don't put a lot of time and effort into arranging another date. Wait until, or IF, she shows some initiative about setting a time for it.

• bitch be playing hard to get. That menas you should man the fuck up and ask her out. Don't dwell or wait, just man the fuck up and ask her the fuck out!
    Take the initiative! If you want the girl, then take her! You can do it man!

• and if she's reluctant about that one, her frigin loss XD

Basically give her one chance to decide, and that one chance you play hard and well. If she doesn't take it, move on.

• a woman's 'maybe' 99% of the time means 'no', she is probably just trying not to hurt your feelings by saying no to you, don't worry about it though, you had a good time on your date, so nothing to be concerned about, just move on.

• "yeah maybe" = "yeah, no"

Don't wait around for her, keep going and see if she pursues you.

• I'd take that as a polite way as saying "I'm not that interested" back off for a bit. Then just make small talk for a bit until she makes her move. Don't propose any more dates until she inquires. If u stop hearing from her, then it's over.

• Thanks man, Im just going to play it safe and let her come to me.

• "BITCH IT'S A YES OR NO QUESTION". That's how you respond.