It was our fifth date and still no kiss?

Date number 5. I'm starting to feel more comfortable. So the date went really well till the end. We get to the end and he leans to hug me in his car... he was kinda restricted in the driver seat so it wasn't a proper hug... Then tried to kiss me and I kinda freaked out and turned away when I realised what was gonna happen. It just didn't seem like the time at all. We were walking by the river Thames and it was the perfect opportunity but it just didn't happen. Why am I so awkward.. This is the second time this has happened. I've been daydreaming bout this for the last few weeks and then this happens... *sighs*

I don't know what it is but the build up to the end of the evening doesn't seem like the perfect time for our first kiss. With the last guy I dated our kisses were spontaneous and sometimes in public and I didn't seem to care at the time.

Anyway should I bring it up in conversation so next time hopefully I won't be awkward?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ha! My first kiss with my bf was on our second date and we kept trying to get our friend to leave the room (group date kind of thing) and he wouldn't so we waited until he was distracted and started kissing each other. It was also a little dark in the room. He asked me if he was going to get a goodbye kiss and I told him that I was nervous, but I finally decided to go with it. Our noses bumped against each other, but we just laughed it off and tried again. It was adorable, not awkward. Don't try to have the "perfect kiss." It most likely isn't going to happen the way you want it to. Just go for it!

What Guys Said 4

• just let it happen on date number 6. make sure date 6 is going to happen though.

• You turned away twice waiting for the 'perfect' moment. I'm surprised he's still around.

• You initiate it then if you want one... he's clearly shy

• you say he tried it twice already? maybe instead of talking about it, next time that you are together, you should just kiss him?

What Girls Said 3

• First kisses are never as romantic as you want them to be, don't get hung up about it, don't talk about it. When the time is right, go with it.

• You have expectations of what you want to happen. You can't obsess about the "perfect" opportunity, otherwise he's going to feel like you're just trying to live out a fantasy instead of just accepting his advances as natural as they come. If it didn't feel right at the time, that's fine, but don't hold back simply because it isn't picture perfect. I agree however that you should talk to him. Let him know that you were nervous and it wasn't his fault - before he assumes otherwise.

• if you think it is a gd moment then just go for it and don't think about it! it is clear that he likes u and wants to kiss u so u don't have to be afraid of being rejected!