Girls-Would you date older men?

Girls I wanna know if you would date an older man and if you would how much older would you date a guy? Bc my bro for instance married a girl that is 12 years younger than him, I know couples who are married and have 20 years difference between them.

I mean I usually date much younger women typically, but not always, also everyone tells me that I look much younger than I actually am, so thats prob why.

I don't know to me age really doesn't matter that much, I always thought that if two people get along, then why does age matter and if those people really enjoy each other's company, then why worry about our age.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 18, and I'm talking to a guy who is 18 years older than I.

• So what do you like about the older guy, like what turns you on about him, and what do you expect out of the relationship?

• We just recently started talking. But I can be myself around him. We joke around and just have fun. He is just someone I can be myself around.

• Thats awesome, I wish more girls were like you and were more open minded. Thats exactly what relationships are suppose to be, in my opinion

What Girls Said 24

• Personally, it would have to be a rare circumstance.

I have nothing against older guys, have met plenty of lively and attractive older guys, but...

The problem is, is that (mind you, I'm not an expert nor am I claiming all older men who date younger women are like this) a lot of times, when someone is specifically searching for a younger woman, it's to fulfill a certain fetish. Now that doesn't mean a sick perverted fetish, but an intimate preference for younger women. With that, I feel a lot of us women would be concerned that A. Once we become a certain age we will no longer be the "sexy, young girlfriend" and B. That we will be at such different stages in our lives that we may end up wanting different things only a few years down the road (e. i him wanting to settle down while she still isn't ready to).

Another thing is how much older the man is. Say myself (I am 21) dates a handsome 40 year old... by the time I am his age he'll be well into his seniors. It would be something that I wouldn't be positive could last.

Again, maybe someone could change my mind in the future, but if I were to talk about the present, I'd say that's how I feel about it for ME PERSONALLY.

Ps. I am sure you are a lovely man.

• Note: I do date men a bit older than me. Between 4-5 years. But I figured you were talking about much older men for this question.

• If that's how you feel, then by all means. I think that for everyone it's different.

• agreed :)

• Yes, i'd prefer an older guy. They're mature and know what they want. I also find them to be way more attractive. Anything past 35 would be a little too old for me, but I probably would still be up for it depending on the guy.

• See I would love to date younger mature women. Bc I don't want the baggage of older women, like divorce or having 4 or 5 kids, and not only that the women my age don't seem to be interested in me bc I look so much younger than my age. Don't get me wrong I do want to settle down, but I don't want to just settle down with just anyone!

• Only up to 6 years older but that's my limit, after that older guys are just on a whole other level than me, they want to settle down and stuff, although even guys 6 years older do so i may consider only 4 years older i don't know, but guys any higher than that tend to want to move in and get serious really fast and have babies... NOOOO! i'm too young yet... and my teen years were not good so i have too much to live for yet.

• Yes! i would love to.

• What is appealing to you to have an older man and how much older?

• I don't know, dudes my age don't seem to be interested in me. older guys have it together and are calmer, less... insecure, more understanding. 5-15 years older

• yeah thats very true! We do, I like younger women for the fact that the women my age don't seem to be interested in me bc they think I am younger than them. Plus not only that they tend to have a lot more baggage, like they are divorced, or they have like 4 kids, now don't get me wrong I would date a girl with kids, but not 4 kids and etc, tbh I really don't want to mess with all of that.

• I don't care about age. As long as we connect, communicate well, have passion for each other, and he doesn't treat me like he is a wise teacher then we are fine... I've dated older men and they tend to attract me more.

• I agree with you 100% thats how it should be, but sometimes people don't seem to see it that and want to try and interfere with your relationship or potential relationship

• And she acted like that? Wow. I mean I'm 19 and never acted like that. It's so immature. Anyways...

• I know and I had no idea she was like that at all, it like came out of left field!

• ... No. 5 years older than me is my limit (at least now that I am 23). I don't want to be with someone who has the ability to control/manipulate me.

• Yeah but anyone could do that regardless of age! I think it depends more so on the person to me. I've dated much younger women and sometimes it was great sometimes it wasn't. So it just depends.

• I feel like if he's old enough to have fathered me (so 12 years older give or take...) I don't find them attractive anymore. But I'm 17 so that will probably change.

• Yes, I would.

• As long as both involved are over 18 I see no problem with large age gaps.. I was 21 when my guy was 32.. Best relationship I've had!! I was attracted to him because he'd already made dumb mistakes and learned from them.

• Thats awesome, but many girls don't see it that way. I think women should be more open to dating older men imo! Or have more of an open mind about it.

• Maybe 10 years older? Depends on how much I like the guy really

• Thats just it I think women need to be more open minded to who they would date. bc for me I don't really want to date someone my age, bc they typically have a lot of baggage, like a divorce, 4 or 5 kids that aren't even mine. I mean I really don't want to deal with that I would date a girl that had 1 or 2 kids and was willing to have more with me. But not a girl who has 4 or 5 and then doesn't want to have any more kids.

• I have a rule of thumb, if they are old enough to be my father or young enough to be my son they are not the guy for me.

• Yes my bf is almost 21

• I'm 18 and the highest I'd date is probably 20, the youngest I'd say 18. I don't know why but boys around my age don't seem to show any interest in me.

• Thats bc their immature and really have no idea what they want. Guys my age typically know exactly what they want and can make up their minds much quicker. I'd say just be patient and the right guy will come into ur life at the right time.

• That's what I plan on doing finishing high school and then dating. My ex cheated on me, I told him to go to church he told me to go to hell. I thought he and I would get married too until I found out I was being used. He was my first love but I fell out of love with him. I learned from my mistakes a snow I know what I want.

• I met my first love in middle school we fated throughout my sophomore year, we dated exactly for five years.

• Im 18 id deffinatley date a 40 year old guy its attractive because most are clear on what they want.

• I want dat HAWT body ;3

• That's very true, most men that are that age do have a clear idea of what they want! Plus most men my age aren't that concerned with looks plus we are much more mature than the men that are around your age. Their attitude and how mature are more important to older men. I know plenty of younger women who act like they are in their 30's bc their maturity level is much higher.

• I would probably go about 10 years older than me, and at my age that's not too different. We would be at similar stages in our lives.

• My brother married a girl 12 years younger. Do you think that is too much different? To me I would prefer to date a younger woman as they might have less baggage than an older woman. in my opinion

• No. Tried it once, and it was fun for about a month. He is 9 years older than me, and I was 18 at the time.

• What did you not like about it? Was he a total jerk?

• No it's just we were in different places in life. It was mostly good sexual chemistry.

• I only date older men. 4 years max is the oldest I'm willing to go, though.

• no I'm 24 I once tried to date guys online that were 28 25 29 26 27 around those ages and I found a few guys that older were not so nice to me so if I had to date guys it would be a younger guy like between ages 22 or 21 20 18 or 19

• Well those guys were idiots if you ask me! I'm a very nice guy and I typically have it so that the girls treat me like crap, who are younger. (but not always of course) I would prefer to date younger women as they don't have a ton of baggage like a divorce or they have 4 kids or etc. So thats just my preference

• I'm 43 dating a 28 year old guy. We were former coworkers who became friends and then started dating. He's mature, has a good job, we have similar interests and just simply have fun and enjoy being together. Most people aren't aware that our age difference is as big as it is; he looks a little older than his age and I'm frequently told I look younger than my age.
    I think it's really more about your mental age than your chronological age.

• I don't know who voted this down, But I totally agree, I think as long as you two get along really well then why not, age is really just a number to me. So I think as long as both of you are cool with it, then who cares what anyone else has to say. Just my two cents

• I'm 18. Oldest I'd date is probably 21.
    Age matters, but matters less the older you get. For example, someone my age is either still in high school or just graduating, probably still at home, hasn't really experienced adult life yet, while someone 25 could already be graduated from college and is independent.
    That's a 7 year difference.
    But on the other hand a 25 year old with a 32 year old (7 year diff) are both independent adults.
    See what I mean?

• Also I don't like guys who only want younger women.

• I'm talking to someone who's 12 years older than me.. so yes

• Thats awesome!

• what do you like about dating older men? (especially the diff in age)

• he's more stable, has done the growing up thing, he used to be in the military

• I'm 22 and inlove with a 34 yr old

• That's really cool and I bet you guys really get along well too!

• in my opinion guys like that are just stupid, I'm the type of guy that doesn't mess around and I typically only date ONE girl at one time!

• I'm the same way with men.. Only one at a time till things die off or don't work out then I just stay single for at least 6 months or more till I meet someone else

• I would, the reason girls would is usually because as you grow older you get wiser, smarter and more mature and we're attracted to those qualities. I'm 19 and i would date guys under 24 right now, because i have very little experience and i'd feel kinda intimidated by a such experienced guys, plus we're in really different stages. But who knows, maybe i'll end with someone 13 years older than me

• I don't know I look at it differently I wouldn't mind dating younger women bc they don't tend to have all of the baggage older women do, like divorce, a ton of kids, or crazy ex's so that's y I would prefer to date younger women.

• Yes why not I'm 28 now but when I was 19 I dated a 67 years old man

• Why did you date a guy that much older than you? (just wondering)

• He was really nice to me plus he didn't looked that old (RIP)

• That's awesome, I like how open minded you are! : U were really mature for you age at that time!

What Guys Said 1