He came on too strong but should I give him a second chance?

I went on a first date with a guy and he seemed nice enough but he came on too strong. When he found out that we liked a lot of the same television shows he was already planning the many nights we would be snuggled up on the couch watching them together. Some of his compliments were too over the top. He described me as being perfect when he found out that I liked to cook and was already trying to rearrange his schedule to accommodate seeing me regularly (including blowing off some of his hobbies). There was more but this paragraph could get long if I keep listing these things. I booked a second date but now the more I think about it the more I'm tempted to cancel. Should I give him another chance or let him down?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you like him. Go. But make it clear to him that he is moving too fast.. This action of his can simply be him getting over excited. And not using commonsense. Maybe Messaging him a few days before your second date. That way if he doesn't calm down. You can change your mind.. Most important thing. Is you need to tell him how you feel about him moving to fast.. He should respect that. And that should slow him down.. If he is just overly excited and he can calm down. He most likely is a man that appreciates his lady's. And is a romantic in a way.
    Hope this helps

What Guys Said 1

• You should give him another chance. First times are always awkward.

What Girls Said 1

• Try the second date, but let him know you're looking to take things a little slower. He may just be getting overly excited.