Do you think "Men are more visual" is true?

"Ass or tits". This is a common question here and, to some degree, perhaps one of the most sexist and degrading you'll find. Why do people think males are so one-dimensional and do you think that the excuse "Men are more visual" holds up?

• I think it's true
  • I think it's false

Most Helpful Girl

• Without question men are visual in my opinion so feel its true, I think women are more visual then given credit for. I'm extremely visual. Emotional yes but I'd say no less visual then a guy.

• When I think of visual in the context of the sexes, I am thinking how a guy will be aroused by looking at almost any "pussy". But most women only get aroused by looking at their guy's "junk", not any others. Because with the guy it is the visual, with gals it is the emotional (even though it is the vision of his junk, it is the vision of HIS junk).

• Thank you for MHO :-)

What Girls Said 8

• Yes.
    However, I don't think it's long standing.

I believe that men notice visual things and value visual things more at first. Once they develop an interest/feelings for something/one then the visual aspect takes a lower priority.

I hate to be soppy but I think this sums up what I'm trying to say.
    The other day I was really depressed about my recent weight gain. My boyfriend said to me "Don't be sad. You're beautiful, and always will be. Weight comes and goes, but your face is perfect and I love you for who you are"

So before I make anyone else sick, I take it as he liked me for how I looked, fell in love with the person I am and now my looks don't matter as much.

Of course, there's an extreme. If I was a beached whale I think my inner beauty would be overlooked. Men do leave women for their looks, same as women do. But men are usually more attracted by the outside firstly.

• I think I read an article that did a study with men and women where they showed them various images and had them rate how aroused they felt. It turned out that women were equally or more turned on as men. I think men and women are equal in their visual evaluation of another person but for various reason guys are allowed to be while women are told they're not. It's not fair for anyone because it creates unfair expectations.

• yeah i think this way too... men are really visual creatures... what's inside doesn't matter to most of them

• It's not that what's on the inside doesn't matter, it definitely does. It's that we don't look at inside unless we like what's on the outside first.

• I believe that it is true. I don't think that it exactly makes guys one dimensional. Only the idiots would think that, but I do feel that they are more visual. It's not a bad thing. It's just different from how women are.

• I think it is more or less a fact of life that guys have been, and will always be the more "Visual" of the sexes.

• Yes biologically the man hunts and the woman is the prey to be won and they usually go after whomever looks like they can birth healthy offspring (wide hips etc) but this isn't 100% true some guys are very genuine and don't really care about looks.

• Men are shallow, very shallow. Look at me, think any man would find me interesting? No. They would ignore the trolls like me to get to the perfect blondes

• I think that we're all equally as visual

What Guys Said 7

• Well technically I'm not sure. Females can be equally objectifying as long as they admire the abs for the sake of the abs. I need to see the whole picture to judge whether someone is attractive or not, but it's odd, because I seem to actually be a minority...

• yeah that;s true

i'm visual as well tbh

• ex fiancee said I was...

• This saying is related to sexual arousal.

• Both are visual. Society is all about looks and status.

• both men and women are visual, and I've seen many visual women

• I think its false. I believe women are just as visual they just have way higher standards for what they find good looking. And I feel women are more willing to date less attractive people since they replace the looks with money and social status/power