I don't feel pretty enough for him?

Lately I've been talking to this guy at my school, and we seem to like each other (we are going on our first date next week). Anyway, he was the first one to approach and to text so he was interested in me first. The thing is that I don't feel like I'm good enough for him and therefore I find it hard to believe that he actually likes me. I know his past girlfriends and they've all been extremely gorgeous and skinny, and he's pretty handsome and fit himself. I just find it really weird why he would like me, when I don't seem like I'm his type at all...

Most Helpful Girl

• Trust me, I feel the same way with my bf. I feel like I need to be skinny, wear nice clothes, smell like rainbows all the time, and whatnot. But I dont. Soon I realized that he doesn't like me because I'm pretty, although he says I look very nice, but the main reason he's dating me is because of who I am. And that's why I'm dating him. If everything was based off of looks this world would be nowhere. I mean sure there are some things you can change, weight, and hair and maybe eye color, but in the end you're still the same person. Think of it like race. An African American can't help that their skin is dark, and white people can't help that they're white. Making fun of someone because of looks is almost the same as racism, except usually not nearly as cruel. This guy probably likes you because you're unique, beautiful in and out, and someone he enjoys being with. Everyone is beautiful on the inside and outside! God created everyone different, so that way no one could ever get bored! Just remember that, and remember that you are good enough! Just dress your best, be yourself, and life is good! Good luck!

• This really boosted my confidence :) Thank you!

• Your welcome! 😊 Also based on your profile pic I don't really see why you don't find yourself pretty!

• Thanks again :) I don't think I'm ugly nor gorgeous.. I just find myself average

What Guys Said 13

• If your pic is real, you are gorgeous. Let's say that's not the point and you still think he's too good for you. There's nothing wrong in being a bit insecure... and if he's ANY good, he'll notice and work to make you feel better.

Don't put too much pressure on you... if he doesn't like you then don't be with him :)

• He's just using you. When a guy initiates conversation with an ugly duckling, it is as a joke or he just wants to have sex wit you. A hit and quit at its finest. Paying for one date is worth it when you get the action. You should be proud tho, you get to tell everyone at school that you got a hottie, if only for one night. Stick to your levels and you will be happy (but won't get the high school quarterback prom king) or go for the gold and get rejected. You have to risk it to get the biscuit. Do you want to be with royalty for a night or with the peasants for a real relationship. The choice is yours, you can't get hotter, but you can decide if you want hot or not.

• I'm not that type of girl though, so I wouldn't let him do that to me. but you have a point

• If he was the first to approach you then he finds you attractive. Why would he pursue a girl he isn't attracted to?

• Don't do this to this guy. He doesn't deserve it. Don't sell him short with the "How could he be interested in me?" thing. He showed interest because he wanted to. He asked you out. Don't screw things up right from the get-go with this thinking that you're not good enough. That's an insult to yourself, and to him.

• You are beautiful sweetie, but maybe just maybe he likes you for more than your looks. That's the thing all you girls need to understand, a woman can have all the looks in the world, and still be an ugly troll if she has a bad attitude. So, treat people how you want to be treated and love yourself enough to be loved by someone else for liking you based on the way you "are".

• But you've made a good enough impression on him to make him want to do a little more research by investing his time with you.

• yeah you're right

• You're plenty pretty enough for anyone.

• you're beautiful and gorgeous yourself , I think that's why he approched you first , just believe in yourself and go for it

• To juz score as many cuties as possible? Simple isn't it ;P

• I'm sorry, I didn't quite understand that..

• I won't! I'm not like that, and I'm very good at sticking to my opinions

• Good. U got ma respect. Self respect always comes first! Morals is always goood.

• Let him worry about this, you just focus on having a relationship with him.

• He's just slumming it for a bit. Gettin a couple easy kills from some ugly ducklings. You're not unique, he's doing this to a bunch of other girls too. He'll be back to gorgeous girls in no time. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

• He doesn't seem like that type of guy though… From what I know the only girls he has been with have been long-term relationships

• Glad I could help

• Well first off, if that's you, you're stunning, but, even if you weren't, we're not as shallow as you think... I'd rather have a nice "ugly" girl than a mean "hottie"

Confidence is 90% of the world, so, it starts with that... do what makes you confident, and you'll start to feel good

• thanks for the advice :)

• I guess to not care what other people think

• So why ask it?

• Nothing new here.. Another insecure girl who doesn't think she's pretty.. It's pretty tiring.

• Umm have you looked at your picture? You're plenty pretty.

What Girls Said 6

• Don't put yourself down like that. So what that was his past girlfriends? They don't matter. If he likes you and started talking to you he saw something he likes. Why else would you be going on a date? Just remember that he started talking to you so he must find you pretty and wants to spend time with you. Beauty isn't all looks personality plays a huge part.

• Uhhh I don't know what his other gfs looked like, but you are pretty gorgeous yourself girl!

• I understand you. I feel like I'm not good enough for my crush either so why would he like me? I don't think I'm ugly at all but in ways I feel like there are girls prettier than me that would be way more deserving. You are definitely pretty though, I promise. Don't ever forget it.

• If he seems to like you and talks to you he clearly judges you to be good enough ! So don't put yourself down or let your insecurity get the better of you

• does he play any sports?

• Whoa I know the feeling all to well lol.
    you're beautiful anyway so no worries :)