Is it weird to ask a guy for his number? How should I do it?

I need help asking this guy I see a few times a week for his number because none of my friends know him and he is foreign so all of his social media isn't always working!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's humorous for me to read most of the responses. My opinion would be as follows. If your interested in this guy and you think that he is available and not fawning over another girl, then I would simply ask him to call YOU at a pre arrainged time. If he isn't sharp enough to pick up on your initiative simply say that you would just like to chat. Also by me saying that he isn't sharp enough is NOT a knock to this guy, there are a lot of US genuinely nice guys that don't quickly pick up on these things, but catch up very fast by the way dont have this discussion in front of a bunch of other girls or his buddys. best of luck. M

• This is pretty good advice! I might try this.. Bit is it too forward? Would a guy actually call?

• if he is attracted to you of course he will call, just be prepared to follow through when he does call. Is he much older than you? your profile says that your under 18 if he is over 18 please leave him alone

What Guys Said 49

• It is not weird. Just ask him. He will be flattered. Is he shy? Sometimes you have to take things into your own hand.

Why do you want his number? Do you want to ask him out? Do some homework? Fool around? Be his gf? If you are comfortable with the WHY part then go for it. What do you think

• if the social media is not working maybe he doesn't have a phone! but if he does you can just simply pick a random place were you guys are just doing whatever it is that you guys are doing an when you leave just say "do you want my number so you can text me later, and so we can pick up were we left off?" <<< you won't sound "thirsty" like some people call it! and he will have your number! and you did not even had to ask him for he's...

• No. I think it's hot. Especially when you ask it without any hesitation or fear. Guys are attracted to confidence, too.

• Nope, it's actually liberating and it works even better if you think the guy is holding his tounge or holding back a bit with his communication with you because it lets him know that your into it and a lot of times removes the fear that he could piss you off. A few months back a girl said, let me get your number. I was speechless, I tried to recoop and say i was actually about to ask for yours (lame but true, she wouldn't stop talking) and she doubled down with a playful "well you didn't sooo..." anyway she handed my phone back and said text me. I said sure and did just that a few days later, but the gloves were off with me knowing her guard was down i stopped holding out. She showed me she could be kind of aggressive so it gave me the right to be. Could just be me though.

• If your pretty and confident enough in your approach the guy will be over the moon you asked. I'd love a girl to take the initiative for once and ask me. My ex when I was 18 approached me and told me straight out she thought I was attractive and would I mind taking her out one time. I remember my guts flipped with excitement and I could barely believe what I'd heard. It was an amazing feeling though. She was gorgeous. You know how they say in films, 'I'm dreaming, I'll wake up in a minute and it'll all be gone.' That's exactly what I thought at the time. Give the guy a treat and tell him. Believe me girls have the upper hand when it comes to choosing a partner. Most guys won't say no to a good looking girl

• Don't play games. If you like him and ask him out. If he is into you, he'll be flattered and exchange numbers with you. If he is not, he'll tell you and you'll not waste a whole lot of time and emotions over him. And if he is te kind of guy who thinks men should make te first move, then he's too backward for you anyway.

• Is it weird for a girl to ask a guy for his number? is it weird if a girl asks a guy out? is it weird if a girll... NO its not weird. Do what you feel like doing and dont make it about gender. Just ask him. If he doesn't understand your language. Give him your number.. he'll get it.

• It depends on how well you know him. Try to have a conversation first. You can try to let him laugh a few times, that will make things A LOT easier, for both of you. Then after one of the jokes (preferably in the middle of the conversation) ask for his number.
    You can maybe say like:
    'Hey, you seem funny/interesting/smart/nice (*Note: any compliment will do i think*). Can I have your number, so we can chat together more often?'
    Good luck with it!

• I will tell you this, there is this girl i like and i was actually scared to ask for her number, then out of knowhere she just grabbed my phone and put it in lol. i was totally ok with that. you could do that or just simply say "hey can i have your number". have courage!!!

• Just say "oh you wanna see something cool" then take his phone put your number in then say "oh look my number is in your phone how did that happen lol"

• just be strait forward, say hay, whats your number anyway? most likely he will give it to you without thinking twice about it. then just say thanks and walk away. most guys don't stress about giving out numbers, they stress about asking for numbers.

• I would the immortal words "Do you mind if I give you a call? What your number?"

It's not weird at all. Just go for it.

• *cough* *clears throat*

"Can I have your number I'd like to be able to get in touch with you when we aren't standing right in front of each other"

Ta-Da.

• give him yours. makes a better statement to a guy that you like him.
    a pen to the hand is kind of sweet.

• Just do it, worst he can say is no. That only means you don't have his number, and that's where you stand now right? Just in case he does have your number ready, the foresight and confidence will catch his attention.

• No, it's not weird. I'd like it if a woman wanted my number.

• He may find it odd but it will make his day so go for it I love it when girls ask me for my number makes me feel special:)

• I recently had a coworker ask for my number. she had a reason to get the number though. I suggest you think of a reason to get his number that he would not refuse, work related or such.

• Just be straight up about it say hey I like you do you think we can text sometime?

• My girlfriend was the one to ask me for my number, and now i'm the one to love her first :) just go for it.

• It's not a big dea. Be least bothered of what he's gonna think about it cuz he ain't thinking anything...
    But still if your not comfortable and he's in your grade or something you can just ask for the number that you want some help regarding the study material or aomething you know...

• You: Hey

Him: Hi

You: Here is my number. Give me a call sometime. We can grab a bite to eat.

Him: Awesome. I will.

-.-

• Can girls just try stuff for themselves before asking if its weird? why so acceptance driven?

• Set your phone up to add a new number and then give him your phone without saying anything. It's that easy.

• A girl once asked for my mumber and caught me off guard ill admit i over reacted a little bit as if she asked to see my damn penis... i need to know someone for a while to give my number out... I don't know im always paranoid

• it needs braveness but if u do that u deserve respect for that!

• find something that you both enjoy (movies, pub/club) and hint to him "we should catch up sometime." if he doesn't bite say... "what are u doing this weekend" leave a bit of a pause... if he likes u, he will agree!

• There's nothing to think about. Get his number, he'll love it.

• nope, my first day at college a girl asked for my number

• If your at school or college ask him if he need's help with his study's.

• More from Guys
    19

What Girls Said 10

• Just go up and be like "Hey how is it going? blah blah blah. You are super cool, we should hangout! Can I get your number?"

Literally how I asked my first boy for his number. Boys like confident girls :D go for it !

• I was nervous about that too but I was sure that the guy liked me, and I was a little vague but I messaged him asking how we dont have each others phone numbers, then he said 'you want my number? You never ask for it' then I immediately thought I CAN ask for it and he doesn't mind. You can try something like that if you want but there's really no need to worry or be nervous about. I just get that way easily over everything

• Looks like the younger crowd us a bit more forward, & the older crowd isn't into it... I wonder why older guys aren't so cool with it :/

• literally anything can be an excuse to get someones number if you are uncomfortable with asking him straight up. i've gotten guys' numbers cuz they wanted me to send them a funny picture or cuz we needed to do a group project or asking them to text me the name of a band they recommended or just by taking their phone to play their games and then adding my number and telling them to text me. just go for it!

• it's not weird. give him yours.

• You can be like "... oh by the way can I get your number?"

• Just ask him

• Girls shouldn't normally ask for guys numbers ever, show that your interested in him, let him ponder, if he likes you how could he resist but ask you for you number

• Just quit asking questions online about it and just do it the worst he's gunna say is no

• Definitely not. Go for it!! It'll let him know that you're confident, and confidence is sexy.