How do I tell my mom i'm dating my ex again (whom she hates) ?

So me and my ex broke up two months ago he broke up with me and he was and ass while it happend, but now it seems like he made a mistake and he's sorry and we've been out a few times but my mother hates him she wasn't really happy when we were together. When we broke up she couldn't be happier she told me to never talk to him again and said a lot more mean things about him. Now he wants me to tell her that we are dating again because he doesn't feel good doing this behind her back but i'm seriously scared of how she'll react she flipped on me when she thought we were talking on the phone so i'm not sure what to do or how to handle this.

Most Helpful Guy

• She's afraid he's going to hurt you, emotionally or physically. The best way is to let him re-introduce himself as a gentleman who will be taking excellent care of you.

Though I'm not going to lie, there's little chance that she'll change her opinion. First impressions are KEY.

What Guys Said 1

• Depends on the situation. Your parents may have really good insight into this guy, and may be justified in thinking he is a scumbag. It can be hard to notice things like that when we are activey in a relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should tell your mom first then give her a few days then have him come over and talk to your mom, but he needs to tell her he has changed and that he will prove to her he will treat you differently.

Trust me I know how moms are because my mom did the same exact thing to me even though I'm 30, because she seen how hurt I was and when I told her my ex called me the other day she was pretty mad. Your mom just loves you and doesn't want to see you get your heart broke, and even though your boyfriend talks to her she will most likely still not like him but if he shows her that he has changed she might change her mind about him but it takes time.