Are large areolas a deal breaker?

I know this sounds extreme. However, I need advice because I want to know if I am overreacting. I recently got into a relationship and the other day after fooling around my boyfriend was joking around and said "I haven't seen your boobs" yet and tried to pull my tank top down. I immediately pushed his hand away and pulled it up. Then he was like " why don't you want me to see them, do you have large areolas or something? because thats a deal breaker." He said it in a jokingly way, but I am extremely insecure about my boobs since I do have large areola unfortunately. I didn't say anything to him and changed the subject, but now I'm really thinking about it and I don't want to sleep with someone who is going to make me feel uncomfortable naked. I've even considered surgery because I hate them so much. Guys, is it really that big of a deal if women have large areolas?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 10

• no deal breaker to me

• The only thing that matters about boobs is that you get to feel and touch them and do things with it

• I don't find them particularly attractive, but they're a far cry from being a deal breaker. It's not a big deal.

• Hi there. Don't even think about having surgery! Large areolas are sexy and make the breast look nice and full!!! My partner has huge areolas and I wish they were evdn bigger. With my experience at the age of 42.. large areolas will always beat small ones. Also 90% of my mates agree with me. Sorry to say this.. but find someone who loves your breasts.

• Nope , I've never really had a problem with them I've never seen any breasts where the size of the areola turned me off. Tbh I don't get what's the big deal

• No I don't thinks it's abnormal

• Yes it is i personally dont like it

• no some guys like that :0

• Funny, but for me small and non-puffy ones are the dealbreaker. I have never been lucky enough to have seen any large areolas or puffy nipples IRL.

• No. Quite the opposite if she has large boobs in the first place.

I don't know him obviously, so I wouldn't be able to tell you what he feels about it. It could have been a joke.
    Girls seem to be insecure about the oddest things.

• My boobs are average sized, 36C. I know he made the comment in a jokingly way because he is not a serious person at all, but it still makes me nervous to let him see me now since he said that. The only reason I am insecure about it is because I've heard so many negative things before about nipples/areolas and how they are gross if they are too large.

• Big enough for that.
      I don't think most people have negative things to say about areola size.

What Girls Said 2

• It's definitely not a deal breaker for me. Breasts are awesome and who cares how big your areolas are? Big areolas are attractive anyway and if your boyfriend really is prepared to break up with you over something as silly as that, then he's too immature for you in the first place. Personally, I have quite small breasts (B cup) and quite puffy areolas. I was pretty much the same as you and I was terrified of taking my shirt off in front of my boyfriend for the first time but he was totally find with it and finds it really attractive. I know it's not great advice but just calm down and remember that your breasts are gonna be great and the dude should just be pleased that he gets to see them anyway.

• If he's with you for the right reasons than it shouldn't matter. You're beautiful no matter what your breasts look like.