Is 20 too young for a serious relationship?

I have been dating my boyfriend for a couple months now- I am 20 going on 21 and he just turned 20. He's always been kind of free spirited and wild I think so I wouldn't say he's at his prime or anything but he's still at the point where he hangs out with his friends every day that we don't hang out and sometimes we go hang out with his friends when were hanging out with each other. So he sees them 4-5/7 days a week. None of them really have girlfriends either so they don't have any sort of... Priorities like they don't have anyone to worry about so they can't understand that my boyfriend does have someone he has to tend to. I just feel like he hasn't grasped big boy notions yet, like spending more time with me, making sure to come to family functions, and a few other things. And he's so busy I feel like. In the months we have been dating, he's went out of state for a week twice, is going out for basically a week in June, and that's honestly super hard. Its like once a month he up out of the blue is gone for an entire week. its hard. I am certain he is my one, i am just afraid it might not be the right time. I dont want to rob him of his fun times, freedom, and whatever. I know they can be balanced but i don't want to be "that" girlfriend you know. I mean I obviously will talk to him about this I just wanted to hear others opinions. Is 20 too young?

Anon who thinks young girls are stupid, what are you going on about? What does that have to do with anything? Young boys are "stupid" because they are young and make mistakes. Young girls make mistakes. Wow who knew young undeveloped brains could make mistakes just like the rest of humans! Unheard of! Unforunately, this burden seems to still be affecting you at your ripe old wise age! Thankfully it doesn't apply to me! Your comment is rude, stupid, and I wish it didn't exist. Have a good one.

Most Helpful Guy

• actually most people in yer age, have a SR... so... :)

• Very true! But do other couples like buckle down a bit? I just think I'm needing more time and comittment or something but I don't want to ask for too much.

What Guys Said 4

• I didn't have time to read your dissertation but based on the title i will answer accordingly.

No it not to young. I plan to get married around 20-23 years old. Not only does it allow you to have kids and still be relatively young when they leave for college but it also allows you to see them get married and have grandchildren. Unfortunately not many people share these views with me, or at least not on this side of paradise.

• Age means nothing!

• I think 20 may be too young to consider mariage.

• It's not too you, all you can do is follow your feelings. But remember you are young, so the likelihood you'll still be together in 10 years time is quite slim. It doesn't necessarily mean you won't, but lots of couples who get together at this age don't last. That doesn't mean it's pointless, far from it, just try and keep it positive and learn and grow alongside the other person, you share this part of your life with someone and hopefully it contributes positively to your life experience.

• young girls tend to be stupid, idealistic and unrealistic, that's why you get strung along and fucked then forgotten easily. Did he ever love me? No, because you can't be taken seriously! lmao. Beyatch!

What Girls Said 1