Why are Asian guys least datable?

So this is pretty much a 'proven' thing. you've got studies backing this up as well as ancedotal evidence in everyday life.

So why do you think Asian men are percieved as least desirable?

• Physical characteristics (Short, Smaller frame, Less muscle)
  • Negative Stereotypes (Small penis, feminine etc)
  • Poor social skills
  • Uninteresting/Boring

Most Helpful Girl

• Poor social skills mostly.

• Thats interesting. Do you find Asian women also have poor social skills?

• Haha fair enough. But that is interesting that Asian women fair much better than Asian men, despite both having relatively poor social skills? I believe that would be down to physical characteristics and possibly that social skills for men has greater weight in dating than social skills for women.

• That disparity only exist because men are still expected to do the approaching... when women do the approaching, they don't recognize it because of their poor social skills.
      Also, there are more guys out there willing get rejected for trying to kiss a girl than there are girls out there willing to get rejected for trying to kiss a guy.

What Girls Said 19

• Everybody has preferences. For me Asian guys can be attractive but I can't get past the cultural differences. My Asian friend is very attractive but I could never date him because of the language barrier (his family can't speak English) and we are just different culturally. One day he wants to go back to his family. It's complicated. So it's really too difficult to give you a precise answer. Everybody has their own reasons for not being able to date a certain person. It doesn't mean it's universal. Also not all countries have lots of Asian guys... I seldom see them here where I'm as they are in the minority.

• Where are you from? What about Asian guy who grew up in your city?

• I'm from South Africa.
      I really don't know a single Asian guy personally who has grown up in my city. In my highschool the only Asians we had were female and at university most Asians are foreign exchange students or only hang out with other Asians or speak little to no English . I have only had one Asian guy friend in my 21 years of existence and I was the one who went up to him and initiated contacted. I've never had other opportunities to do so because it's so rare for me to find a Asian guys in the first place and secondly when I do they are always in a group with other Asians speaking a foreign language. Most Asians who stay in South Africa still speak their own language and follow their own traditions.

• I have a very attractive Asian friend. It's a combination of the stereotypes asscioated with them that turns people away from them.

• Let's see.
    A. That might be a bit true. Asian guys are often shorter than me.
    B. Nah, I don't think girls really believe in such rumors. You must be pretty stupid if you do.
    C and D. Nooooo not at all. Every Asian guy I've met were awesome and very social. They're generally also very nice and helpful.

Honestly, the Asian guys I've met didn't had a lot of trouble finding girls. Not because the girls found them super attractive, but because they were really nice people.

• The average ones to ugly might have a really challenging time to go about it. Same applies for average to ugly in your race too. So stop nit picking. You a bully?

• Why would you say I'm a bully?

• Because you are. What gives you the right to make fun of people's looks? Would you want people to taunt your kids if they turn out to be a mongoloid Down syndrome person?

• So don't act fucking innocent and stupid about it. The fact you dare to make a question like that and stay anonymous means you are an utter coward who can't say your self to the public about it.

• Wait, seriously? Every Asian male I came across to were very attractive. I didn't know that is a factual study. Interesting...

• Yeah there's heaps of studies that've looked into this. I know one was conducted at a university, another looked online dating. There's more that I haven't personally read. But essentially they all come to the same conclusion - Asian men are the least desired male mate. Pretty sad huh?

• That's very interesting. That your boyfriend is tall with broad shoulders, characteristics which would be attractive to any woman. But I don't they are things you'd often find in an Asian male though.

• Like I said, my Asian friend is short, but don't take his stature to be a weakness. He is really strong. He's actually in the Marines, so it goes to show just how strong he really is. I've seen Asians who were skinny, somewhat tall, smart, muscular, etc. I met one who was fairly average in height, muscles, and extremely attractive; did not fit the stereotype at all. They all got that nice hair going, for the most part. I think the reason any women would find an Asian man undesirable is mainly due to stereotypes in my opinion. Every guy has different features to offer to women, and it's up to them to be attracted to those features.

• Wow, yikes. Honestly, I think it has to do with the negative stereotypes. I find all manner of people attractive. For me, it's about the individual.

• But I like Asian guys alot😕, I'm the minority I guess?

• If you are non-asian, I would say you're definitely in the minority

• I'm Mexican so I guess I am :PPPP

• Yeah, I also find a lot of them are pretty lovable, XD. Actually I know many Western girls, who have very good Asian friends, or an Asian boyfriend in Germany.

• I honestly have no idea. I thought Asians would be one of the most wanted.

• Why do you say that?

• But they are also short, small framed, lots of negative stereotypes portrayed by the media (some of which are probably true). You don't think these play a part?

• I'm short as well so that part doesn't bother me. I doubt all Asians are that short. Plus From what I heard in Asian culture being short is very attractive and being tall isn't really. That's true the media does like to distort what why think of somethings.

My view of Asians comes from the ones i see playing in LOL and any manga/anime I read/watch. Since it gives some in site on their culture.

• Asian guys are way cute so I don't know what the big conspiracy with women not liking them?

• Being small, being feminine looking and sometimes boring. - ad least this is my conclusion based on TV...

• Probably true, at least thats based on my observation

• People say they dont look manly and then there's the dick size issue

• 'People say?' Do you find these to be true in your observation?

• I don't know what others think, but I love Asian guys!

• Well it seems herbivorous men are becoming an epidemic (according to media), who want's to date a sexless man-child?

• I don't agree with the asker by the way, I am merely replying hypothetically.

• The Asian culture? The fact that many of your friends/family might 'judge' you for dating an Asian man? I know the latter would play a part in my dating mates.

• No, that doesn't apply to me at all. Definitely nothing to do with peer pressure of worried about what it looks like to others.

• Umm hello, YELLOW FEVER

You're gonna have to specify the type of Asian because some of them are pretty fetishized and desired. I don't mind a Japanese/Korean/Viet/Filipino hubster hayooo

• Like either one of us knows. 😕😕 You should just come live in my city. Asian guys are really popular here.

• Where is your city?

• I love Asian guys (but they don't love me because i'm dark skinned)

• I only remember Asian guys being ugly in real life, they aren't "cute" here in Brazil and they being jealous and racist about Asian girls and bitter in their comments.

• Eu falo português!
      Sou Brasileira!
      I'm proving I'm brazilian.
      Ç

• In what ways are they jealous and racist about Asian girls?

• In general they seem feminine and the whole size thing
    I have a friend (she's white) and she has a thing for Asian guys
    So everyone has different tastes I guess

• I think the least datable guys are the ones that generalize and bash on people of a different race.

• I assume this was directed at me?

• True. But being obese is something that most of the time you could change. you don't call them fat, ugly, gross and other insults in hope that they'll change their eating habits and develop a healthier lifestyle. You encourage them and motivate them with positive reinforcement

• I am not labelling Asian men as midgets, weaklings, pussies etc. That would be the equivalent of calling them 'fat, ugly etc'. I'm just calling it as it is. Asian men are smaller framed and shorter compared to other men. Disagree? Offensive? Perhaps, but its the truth.

What Guys Said 22

• Stop being a bitch. Dress well (not like them lame ass kpop guys) and carry yourself in a respectable manner. I don't blame women for finding the majority of Asian guys unattractive to be quite honest with you. I'm Vietnamese by the way.

• I agree with your opinion completely

• The stop being a bitch part wasn't at you directed at you particularly. It was regarding these Asian guys that play into the feminine look which seems to be really popular for some reason. What part of my post indicates that I'm denying anything? Asian guys aren't on a leveling playing field at all. We have the advantage if you play your cards right. My style is Americanized and I don't play into that whole kpop shit that seems to be increasing in popularity. This alone sets me apart from ANY competition (especially other Asian guys) so I see it as an advantage more than anything.

• I guess we come from different countries so things might be different. But in Australia, the majority of Asian guys I hang out with are not your 'FOB' Asians. They are westernised, dress well, work out, stay in shape, all have good careers but still, they suffer when it comes to dating compared with other men. Why? despite all these positive things they have going for them? Thats the purpose of my poll.

• I don't think it's A, because actually East Asian men used to be portrayed as sexually voracious and predatory and seductive. Look at some old Hollywood films.
    en.wikipedia.org/.../...ter_Tea_of_General_Yen.jpg

I suspect that the technological and economic development of East Asia in recent decades has changed East Asians' image, in some respects for the better, in other respects for the worse.

• "you've got studies backing this up as well as ancedotal evidence in everyday life."

please post these stats.

People have their preferences and pre-judge ideas but i've never felt like "Asian" is something that hindered me a date.

• Do a google search, you'll find them.

• If you know anything about stats (it's seems you are aware) than you also know this saying, "if you torture stats enough, it will tell you what you want to hear."

Think of a questionnaire:

"Are Asian your number 1 choice to date?"
      - we've concluded Asian Males are the LEAST Datable race in the world.

I'm creating obvious satire of stats but your smart, you know these surveys are retarded just like "top 10 favorite fruits" list. Every little "boo hoo" poor male Asian post is one step back you're taking for male Asians.

"One was a university sample size of at least 100-150." So this is garbage
      "The other was an online study of 10000 or so participants. Both came to similar conclusions."

Lets see some stats, link it. You will find the best data set and i will go and disprove its validity.

• These are not silly top 10 things you see on facebook but actual studies conducted by universities. But let me take a page from your book: If you are set on disproving validity then you can do so for virtually any study. I can read Systematic Reviews from highly reputable medical journals and disprove their validity (in fact I do). But it takes a real blind, dumb and/or in denial person to not notice that Asian men on average do not fair as well as men of other ethnicities (notably white/black men), especially when it comes to interracial dating. The purpose of my post is not to degrade Asian men, but to understand the reasons without political correctness or agenda.

• In general, I disagree with you.

I suggest you to be open-minded and to criticize your opinions generated from the media. The media can be often misleading. Yes, Asian men are generally smaller in comparison with a lot of guys from Germany or from Northern Europe , but I really don't think guys from Southern Europe like France and Italy are obviously bigger than Asian guys like Chinese. I'm Chinse, so I know it. So, don't conclude so hastily, otherwise it would sound stupid. Anyway, height has nothing to do with how much a guy is datable.

About penis size, see a scientifc research which points out no correlation between genial dimension and race. (DOI: 10.1111/bju.13010) So, get out of your own imagination. You would be happier if you stop ask questions like this.

About the social skills and your Vote D, I just wanted to say, open your mind! Life in China is much more interesting than in Germany, I think. If people there should be so boring as poorly socially skilled, how could that country survive so long? You just don't underdatand it. Try to spend some time in Asia, to see if you can easily socialize and be found interesting.

• I don't understand? You assume i'm not Asian.

I'm Chinese too. I've travelled and lived in France/Italy/Belgium. I've also travelled extensively throughout Asia and China. We must be seeing/meeting different people then because I can tell you based on my experiences, Asian men are definitely shorter and smaller. The official census statistics back this up too. The average height of a Chinese man in 2014 is 172cm from memory. I believe its around 177 in france.

And no correlation between penis and race? If there are clear physical differences in terms of height, bone structure, limb length is it too far of a stretch to say there are differences in genitalia as well?

I won't argue about social skills etc because thats a subjective issue. Ether way, its important for us to be realistic and transparent when addressing this topic, there's no need to political correctness here.

• All right, since you're Asian, then I think you don't have to bother about these things. They are either not important, or can be changed. Since you have travelled through so many places, I wonder why you would come up with such questions? Try to build up your confidence and I think you can lead a happy life anywhere in the world. PS: Not everything in our body should proportional, believe me.

• Is it a coincidence that condoms sizes are smaller in asia and larger in africa? Look, I've dated a lot, I have no confidence issues and I'm currently in a long term relationship. The issue remains, and you have to be blind not to see this, that Asian men in the west don't do well in dating. Now either we can either sit back with our political correctness and pretend its not there or be transparent about it and deal with the real issues that are present.

• yeah i am agree with you @abundantlyrich this person is coward. if you have a muscular thing in you then don't be coward show what you are. where are you from want to know you about things in you. how dare you to say such kinda of thing for Asians. what is your race chimpanzee or what

• What part of my opening question is false? Asian men are statistically proven over and over again in studies to be the least desirable race when it comes to dating. Furthermore, many studies looking into the reasons why have quoted the reasons I have given above. Im sure its also no surprise to you that many of these 'reasons' are frequently put forward by Western Media.

And one last thing, what makes you assume that I'm not an Asian male?

• I think English is not your first language.

Studies as in Evidence. Like scientific studies, you know with a hypothesis, control, randomised controlled, double blinded etc.

Plenty of good quality studies have shown that women (Western Women in particular) do not favour Asian men compared with men of other nationalities. Don't get mad at me, this is what the studies (evidence) shows.

• yeah its not my native language n about studies have you ever seen your country what they are doing.. you sound like a watch man what ever her Asian eropian and other continant are doing... if you have guts then face me..

• That is a stereotype and also generalization which is pretty stupid... and why are you hiding and fucking vagina!!!

I guess you are everything what you just described about the Asian guys

• i cbb typing another response so I copy/pasted this from another response:

What part of my opening question is false? Asian men are statistically proven over and over again in studies to be the least desirable race when it comes to dating. Furthermore, many studies looking into the reasons why have quoted the reasons I have given above. Im sure its also no surprise to you that many of these 'reasons' are frequently put forward by Western Media.

• The biggest issue I see with Asian guys isn't looks or any sort of stereotype, but rather their really poor/odd social skills.

I went to school in a technical field, so there were tons of Asian guys around. They only interacted with other Asian guys. That's fine, but you can't only ever interact with other Asians and then wonder why you have a hard time connecting with white girls. I think most Asian guys tend to look down on white people in general, and this comes through in their interactions.

• Every race has disadvantages. Sure maybe we're on average shorter (which is what I hate most about my race) but we also on average more intelligent, live longer, and have better skin so we have a lot going for us too. If you're Chinese just try to make the most of what you have. Don't always make everything about your race. Look for your individual strengths and differences.

• The western world is not the only dating scene you need to consider global attitudes of Asians as well...

• Well, the small penis stereotype is just that - a stereotype. Sure, Asians as a whole might me shorter right now, but the average height of countries fluctuate, to a great extent, over time; the data seems to indicate that Asians are catching up with Europeans in terms of height. But yes, western media tends to emasculate Asian men and spread negative stereotypes about them. So their "undatablility" is essentially socially engineered - there's no biological reason for why a 5'8 Asian guy should do worse than a 5'8 White guy.

If you're an Asian guy, then I hope you agree with my non-PC answer.

• That's horrible even if their are "Studies" to back it up, you're a horrible person for thinking like that, its racism in its purest form, you should date some one for who they are not what their race is...

• Why am I a horrible person for thinking that if it true? Is it wrong to bring awareness to an issue if there is a clear prejudice? For example, if a certain ethnicity of men were unpaid vs other men, do we sit back and pretend its not there or bring it up and talk about it openly?

• Because it probably has nothing to do with your ethnicity, you just assume it does because you assume people are racist probably because in some aspects you have a race bias.

• So the evidence and studies are wrong? Is that fact that Asians make up 25% of dating programs where they only make up 4-5% of the US population just a coincidence?

And no, its not racist to exclude dating Asian men. That's a preference brought on by evolutionary thinking. As long as we are different, there will always be inequality with regards to dating choices. I do fine too with women thank you very much

• Are Indians, Afghans, Arabs too included Cause they are Asians too. Check out these names Borkan Al Gala, Aamir Khan, Imran Abbas, Varun Dhawan etc. MY Cousins and Sisters are crazy about them.

• Because Asians are just plain ugly and have small dicks.

• May be poor social skills or uninteresting.

• I am sure Asian means Koreans, chinese, Japanese only.

• You can add in SE Asians and probably S Asians such as Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankis etc as well. Neither of which do well in dating in the Western World.

• Omg! There are many Asian hateres. I think they are the people who says racisim is bad.

• I will list it from least to greatest

#1D
    #2B
    #3A
    #4C
    There ya go

• Asian guys aren't feminine, they're simply less sexual than whites.

For example, Asian guys have smaller butts and thighs than whites. That's definitely not a feminine characteristic by any measure.

They're more neotenous, or child-like, while blacks are the least. Whites are in the middle, and whites also have the most attractive coloring (people like light features universally). Social perception also plays a huge role in female attraction, but not male.

• Small penis is the biggest reason since girls hate small penises.

• Well, the stereo type is a feminine guy with a small penis.

• Physical characteristics Short, Smaller frame, Less muscle,
    Negative Stereotypes small penis, feminine, Poor social skills, Uninteresting/Boring!
    Dear Asker you describe Asians guys very well! I think you don't have to ask , Because you already got the answer!

• I do have MY answer. But I want to see what everyone else thinks ;)

• Small penis & Korean/Japanese men beat their wives.

• Specifically I was referring to Asian guys grown up in the West, where this type of practice rarely occurs.

• I suspect it's a mix of things, but the main two:
    - height
    - more conservative and reserved cultural background makes them -seem- shy to Caucasian/black women.

The latter is, imho, probably the biggest factor.

• I agree

• If you look, for example (and I'm sure you have) at the response rates on the okcupid data sets, Asian men get responses about as much as black men do (east Asian 1% better, indian 1% worse, which really doesn't impact your dating prospects materially).

But I see plenty of black males in interracial relationships. So my hypothesis is that they are just -going- for it a lot more. yeah, in real life, the fact Asian males are more often shorter may hurt some. Yeah, in real life the fact Asian males have (on average) higher incomes than black males should be helping a -lot- past age 22/23.

I'd really encourage Asian males to just get in an fashion (by western standards) look, workout, and get out there flirting.

• Great advice. I didn't realise the disparity between Black and Asian men was so small in that study. Thank you for your input.