Asking out a black girl from my class?

I'm taking a summer class at my college. I was partnered up with a girl I have a crush on. I was so happy when my professor called her name after mine. She's beautiful, seems smart, funny and has a really pretty smile. We have a lot in common. The only problem is that she's black and I'm white.

We've been to each other's houses to work on our project. Her family is really nice to me and mine is to her. I've read online that black girls aren't likely to date white men. I'm afraid she'll reject me just because I'm white. I really like her but I'm afraid she'll think I'm asking her out for a stupid reason. Can you give me any advice please? We are both 20.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly it's not a guarantee but it's not the 1950's anymore either... By that I mean some people do prefer to date their own race and it's nothing wrong with that but you have a better chance of her saying yes now.

You said she has a nice family so hopefully they would be accepting of you and wouldn't care... But in the end there's only one at to find out and that's by asking her.

What Girls Said 14

• I'm black. I don't know why people think black women won't step outside the box when dating. There are literally forums out there saying how to approach/date a black women. We are not a different specie. You approach black women the same way you would a white woman, Asian, hispanic etc... if she's interested, them she would go out with you. Just ask her out. We are human beings and a woman before our race.

• Thanks, I agree you're a person and a woman before you're race. It's just that where I live it's rare to see a interracial couple. I'm hoping she looks past color like I do

• Based off the way you described her and her family... she sounds nice. Don't worry about what other people think and say if you two do date. People are going to talk about you regardless... even if you're doing good, people are still gonna talk. Damm if you do damn if you don't. Just go for it. If it's meant to be... it will happen.

• I am black as well and wish the white guys that I went to school with or worked with had to courage to be ask me out. Don't go by what you read online, get to know her better and she her personality. If she doesn't like you for the good person you are rather then judging my your ethic background. Goodluck but just be real and don't try to change your personality or culture.

• Thanks, this makes me feel better knowing you would have said yes to a white guy!

• You should ask her still. Regardless of race , which shouldn't even matter , you should ask her out. She should like you as a person and if she is ignorant enough just to reject you because your of another race , she's not worth your time.

• That's adorable. Just ask her out. Haven't you seen some of these questions on here? A lot of black girls dig white guys. I'm black and I date white guys. Most of the guys I date are white.

• My mum is black and my dads is white. I'm failing to see the problem.
    Just ask her out, black woman are no different from any other woman.

• Just ask her out I mean the worst she could say is no and from the way you described her I doubt she'll do that. A lot more black girls where I live at seem a lot more open to dating white guys now. The only advice I can give is to get the race difference out of your head. The sooner you stop thinking about that the easier it will be. Oh and whatever you do DO NOT say you've never been with a black girl before.

• I agree with her. Don't say I never dated a black girl before because it will make her think that you're just with her because she is black.

• If she's that shallow you don't want to date her in the first place. Just ask her out.

• So because you've read it online, all black girls won't date white guys?
    Last time I checked blacks were people too.
    We're individuals. Just because we're black doesn't mean we're all the same.
    We each have our own likes and dislikes.

• awww , just be yourself, to her you may not be a white guy but just a human being. A lot of black girls like white guys or any race, I am one and I love them all.

• THE RACE doesn't MATTER
    JUST ASK HER OUT

• Seriously why can't you live in New England? haha in all seriousness most of my black friends would LOVE to date a white guy... being an African American myself I would give it a shot... just build your stage don't just jump into it you know?

• All I would say is go for it! You would never find out until you try!

• That is NOT true. Nowadays most black women love white men. I'm one of them. I think you should bring her flowers and ask her out. And if you're a nice guy with a beautiful personality she'd be a fool to say no.

• Black girls love white guys from my experience.. My brother and I are both white but we usually only date black men (for me) or women (for him).. She prob sky doesn't care

What Guys Said 8

• Ask her out. If you don't ask her, you're gonna be alone, that's 100%. But if you ask her out you will get closure, you'll know if she likes you, she'll accept. If she doesn't like you, well, bad luck, but at least you know and you can move on. And if she doesn't want you cause of your skin color, then you know she's not worth your time, and most likely, you shouldn't even be friends.
    But I doubt that if she says no it's because of your color, since you're treated well by her family, which means they see you as a person just like them, and they have installed those beliefs in her too. So I seriously doubt that if she rejects you, it's because of color.

• Go for it, try to leave the color of her skin out of it and just treat her like you'd treat any other girl you have feelings for.

• "The only problem is that she's black and I'm white"
    The only problem is that you think it's a problem just ask her out I mean y'all have meet each others families so I think that helps.. I know it was as friends but still sitting on this will eat at you

• There's nothing wrong with it man, skin color shouldn't be an issue if you both like each other. Honestly, fuck what others will think. I'm sure that if she likes you she won't reject you because of your skin color.

• I say go for it man. Everybody is different so you can't say all black girls dont like black guys. I see couples like that where I live a lot. She may be feeling the same about you. Just casually bring it up while you 2 are talking one day to see how she feels about you.

• Just ask her out rejection isn't the end of the world ask her out last day of class though so that way if she rejects you it won't be as awkward.

• Just go for it dude and don't worry about anything else

• Just go for it, race is just a skin color. Best of luck man.