Girls, Why do you tease Quiet/shy guys you don't even know?

Select an Option please.

• He looks like a Loser. Someone to make fun of.
    8% (2)
  • You actually hate him for being quiet/shy even though is a random guy.
    0% (0)
  • You only want to be friends with him and nothing more.
    40% (10)
  • You fancy him and want to see whether it could go to sex/dating.
    32% (8)
  • If any other reason, please specify.
    20% (5)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you ever seen guys tease shy girls because they find them to be cute? It's kind of like that. We girls sometimes can't come up with an idea to get a shy guy to talk to us, so if we want to get to know him (or if we just like him) we'll start teasing him. You could be teased for any number of reasons, but in this case I think it's that people would just be interested in you. Shy people are mysterious, in a way XD. If I came up to a shy person, I would only be teasing them if I found them attractive (although I normally don't tease people). So there you go :)

• Thanks :) These are completely random girls I have never seen. So you think they find me attractive?

• Thanks :)

• Your welcome 😃

What Girls Said 14

• I like my shy classmates- they're easy to approach, and they're pretty cool once I learn more about them. I always noticed this really quiet basketball guy in my gym class, and I always wanted to talk to him about his favourite teams and what not, as I'm a huge fan myself. He was like, "I'm trying to decide between three teams: Golden State, Cleveland and the Raptors." As soon as 'Raptors' left his mouth, I nearly died. "AGHA YOU LOVE THEM TOO MY GOSH YES COOL you're AMAZING FANTASTIC THEYRE LIKE MY FAVOURITE LIKE I LIKE THEM EVEN MORE THAN ICE CREAM AND THE INTERNET"
    After that, I played a couple rounds of 2 on 2 with him. He's still fun to talk to.

• Thanks :) So do you see him only as a friend or do you fancy him?

• Both. Looks, and personality.

• Thanks :)

• I could not pick just one answer. Personally, there is this guy I really like and people have told me that he likes me. But, he is so damn shy. So I joke around with him and playfully tease him to help him come out of his shell a bit because I really like him and want to talk to him. And usually it works (he opens up). But I would never tease a shy guy because I think he is a loser because they are not. They are just shy. Some of the most awesome people I know are shy. What I perceive as a loser is, rude and disrespectful, doesn't give a fuck how his/ her actions affect other people, etc. No specific color, gender, or how much money they make, what they have, etc.

• I don't.
    But I did before - just because I wanted to be friendly and help him out of his shell. But that's it.

• Thanks :) Why weren't you attracted to him more than friends?

• I don't know... I don't have one night stands.

• Didn't say you were !! Just asked :)

• I don't make fun of anyone I don't know well.

But once I get to know you, and feel comfortable I'll lightly joke. Nothing harmful though.

• Thanks :) So do you joke around with a guy you see as a friend only or a guy you fancy?

• Friend. If it's a guy I like, I'll try to avoid him because I become a stammering idiot.

• what does it mean when you are quiet or avoid a guy when by yourself but when you are with a group of girls you tease him immaturely?

• Shy people in general are cute, girl or guy, and I'm a shy girl and love it when my boyfriend ruthlessly teases me lol, abd I've teased others too though I'm nice about it

• I tease a guy or shy guy to see if they well smile at me , but after awhile I well stop. I don't want to do it to much and scare the person off.

• Thanks :) So you are attracted to them?

• Yeah , I like shy guys not shy guys , they know they like the attention but just afraid to say something.

• Thanks :))

• Im an introvert myself so im generally attracted to extroverts. If a guy is shy or doesn't talk i generally dont approach let alone make fun because that can be hurtful because sometimes being shy is a part of your personality

• Vote F = I don't ever tease anyone about anything = NOT my style at all x 100000!!!

• Thanks :) I will make a F option next time ;)

• Because you want to get to know him better dating wise not sex wise

• Thanks :) Why won't you see the guy in a sexual way?

• so at that instant what would you do? Would you let him know that you are sexually interested OR would you friend-zone him OR just see him as an acquaintance and never see him again?

• Can you please answer a question, honestly. Why would you initiate conversation and tease playfully a random guy, but after having a decent conversation with him you ignore him the next time?

• I don't. It's no fun to tease shy guys

• I don't really talk to guys I really don't know that much. I'm shy type too and if i were to talk to a shy type guy, my agenda would be just to become friends with him. Others gets curious about them I don't know. Haha

• Thanks :) So would you only want to be friends or want to take it to dating? Do you find the random guy attractive?

• I don't mess with people in general. But if a stranger sat near me for a long period of time (like on a flight, book shop, etc). I might try to strike up a conversation. I'd rather be light hearted, so I'll playfully tease him on his book choice if I'm familiar with it, not that I'm trying to be mean. but a way to break the ice.

• Thanks :) So you only see them as friends?

• oh ok.. sorry I wasn't sure that's why I asked up-front.. haha I apologise :)

• Oh no worries. :)

• People do that to me all the time and I think its because I look really awkward and they are bored. They say things like "do you ever talk?" or "I have never heard your voice before, hahaha".

• I don't think it's intentional but I'm really shy as well so sometimes it might come across that I'm acting like a tease when really I'm just super awkward.

• Thanks :) So do you like the guy as a friend only or more than a friend?

• The guy I'm super awkward and shy around? I realllly like him haha I think that's what makes me come off so strange!

• Thanks :) So you avoid him at times?