I accidentally agreed to go on a date with this guy and I don't know how to get out of it. What do I do?

I went on vacation a couple weeks ago and my best friend introduced me to her friend after I came home we were talking and he asked me out when I go back in 3 weeks, but I didn't realize he was asking me on a date I thought he meant all our friend would be going too. He's not that type of person that I would want to hangout with one on one even just as friends so now I don't know what to do. He has a really hard time with girls and I don't want to hurt his feelings because I was excited about it when we were making plans (when I thought all our friends would be going) so how do I get out of going out with him? Guys how would you want a girl to handle this if it were you?

Most Helpful Guy

• The guy is going to get hurt no matter what in this situation, the best thing you could is just be honest with him and say you misunderstood. Way better than you lying about it, because I guarantee he will talk about it with the friend that introduced you to him.

" He's not that type of person that I would want to hangout with one on one even just as friends so now I don't know what to do."

I would definitely not tell him that part, that will utterly crush him. I feel sorry for the guy just reading you say that.

• I would never tell him something like that. He honestly scares me. I'm not the type of person to get scared off easy but I don't get good vibes from him. I never waned to hurt him! That's why I'm asking for help

What Guys Said 3

• We'd have preferred you didn't put us in that position. But since you did, you're going to have to make a decision. Tell him outright (the honest thing to do) or make something up. He's going to get hurt either way. You'll have to decide with what you can live with.

• I didn't put him in That position though. He was sneaky with the way he asked me. I never sent him mixed signals. i didn't mean to agree to going out with him but he was so excited after I said yes I didn't have the heart to tell him I misunderstood

• Just tell him you misunderstood him. TRUST ME, that's the ebst way to go. The more you procrastinate this, the bigger it will become. And then it will be much harder to deal with. Just end it now and save yourself the ehadache.

• Be honest but gentle. Let him know you thought it was as friends not as a date, nothing worse than a girl who lies bout not wanting to go out. But don't fully pull out that would be bad, go once then just don't do it again

• So you think I should just go anyways?

• Yes, no-one likes being stood up especially someone you've just met (even if it is as friends) but be honest with him, let him know you're not into him in that way, only just come back to bite you in the butt - trust me

• Yeah or tell him that

What Girls Said 2

• Just tell him the truth that you misunderstood him or tell him your busy and can not go and sorry after that.

• tell him you're busy.