This unknown number sent me a text saying my boyfriend is cheating?

Today I received a text from an unknown number and it reads "*My name*, I'm in pain writing you this, and I wish you all the best. Your boyfriend, *his name*, has been cheating on you with me for the past 2 years. He always said he doesn't really love you anymore and will try to break up with you when it's time. I trusted him that's qhy I stayed with him waiting for him to end it with you. However, recently, I found out he's cheating on my trust with another woman. I know this sounds silly but it hurts me so bad. Now I realize what I'm doing is wrong and I can feel what you would feel. I'm so sorry for the past 2 years I've been doing this to you. You sure are an amazing woman, you don't need a jerk like this... Sincerely and all the best wish." so I confronted him about it and he said he has no idea who this person is and that it might be scam. Yes, it can be someone trying to break us up, or it might be him cheating. This person knows both my name and his name. What do I do now? I trust him, but if he does nothing then why is this happening?

Most Helpful Guy

• You have ask yourself, is there anything he does that you could see would give him the possibility of cheating? Is he protective of his texts/social media? Does he disappear for hours at a time?

There is no perfect crime, if you think hard enough then you will be able to figure it out using deductive reasoning. I've done it before myself, it sucks a lot but sometimes it's the only way to do it.

• I don't go through his phone, but whenever I borrow it to watch a video or look at the time when my phone died, he isn't protective of his phone.

He usually constantly answer my texts. When he's not he said he's with his niggas chilling and I know he sees them often so maybe he really go see them.

He always treat me right and everything it's hard to believe he's cheating... But then there's thos text...

• Well, maybe its not true then

Most Helpful Girl

• Call the number that texted you and ask them questions about your boyfriend that someone who's been sleeping with him would know the answer to and then either confront him again if you get more evidence or consider it some kind of weird prank.

• Alright I just called her. I asked her I needa verify so please tell me everything you know about him.
      She knows his favorite color, some of his undies color (his are mostly black and white maybe too standard she can guess), she says he doesn't moan during sex and that's true but there's only 2 options (the moaner and the non-moaner so maybe she's lucky), she said he'd see her on every Friday 9:00am which happen to be his gym class hour :/ I don't know... does this sound trustable to you? I have no idea... :/

• I talked to him again, and he said "If you trust this stranger over me then I don't know what to say. We've been together for 5 years, I did nothing wrong. Why would you trust this unknown person?" That was his reply. He seems to talk normally not as nervous but not as playful as he always is.. :/ I don't know wtf :/

• I don't know, maybe ask him to call her and ask why she's lying about him. If he refuses that's a little telling, but if not then maybe you can finally figure everything out.

What Guys Said 11

• That's a really tricky situation. It might be legit or it might be someone that hates you and is trying to screw up your life. Try getting in contact with the person and let them know you can't just go off of what anonymous stranger is telling you about him.

• I know right it might be someone who hates me lol.

But say whatever she said is true, and now she's hurting. If I pressured her too much many I won't be able to get any information from her anymore...

• sure there are something only his girlfriends would have known, like some hobbies, some perferences , fetishs, secrets, anything you could come up with , question the informer, sure she would have something like bedroom photos.

• If all this is true she's in pain I don't know if she will answer me all that questions...

• do you feel he has time to see 2 women as the text says because that is what it is saying... cheating with 'me' and cheating on 'me'.. I don't doubt he could be cheating but this sounds more like some fed up bit of the side trying to get him to decide for him where to go to women wise.

• I know he does have lots of time alone. He sometimes go to chill with his niggas and I can't usually contact him afterwards but when I get suspicious he said "you can ask them if I go with them". But yeah I'm ot with him 24/7

• first chill. I have been cheated on twice and the best thing to do is not overreact. Second give yourself some space and gather your emotions to talk to him about it. If you need help PM me and I can walk you through it.

• But what if this is just scam?

• I did. He got mad and said "Why do you trust this stranger over your boyfriend of 5 years?"

• Then ask him what would he do in your situation would you just forget?

• Im sure that asking the interwebs is going to help you unravel your mystery. GL with that!

• message that number and tell him/her that you need to meet

• It's dangerous to meet a stranger I'm always paranoid they might do something to me or a big dude shows up or something :/

• Meet the person in a public place and park your car far away if you do this, don't walk directly back to your car after. You can't be too safe.

• Or take public transportation

• The first thing you should do is get yourself and your boyfriend tested for STDs.

• Stake out time

• reply and ask who they are

• She said ask my boyfriend, he knows :/...

• Ask with customer care whose that number belongs to? And meanwhile you will get your answer :)

• Get a cheap tracfone and get a number he doesn't know and text him see how he reacts to you

• How is it gonna change anything?

• Well you deserve to know whether or not you got a player or someone stalking you...

What Girls Said 8

• Oh my lord. This would really get me worked up. Of course the guy isn't going to admit it. But I would really not have told him anything and just spy on him for a whole day to see for myself. I would eventually find them together and fuck him up and her to for knowing about me and still Persuing his cheating ass.
    My suggestion. Use ur women spy skills girl. We all have them. Does he spend every night with you?
    Does he have time to have a whole other relationship?
    Then spy on his ass and keep a spray can of mase !! So when you catch him you spray him and the girl and kick them both in the private area. Then wash your hands with the situation!

• Have you done a reverse lookup on the number the text came from? Try calling that number from another number, or block your number if you call from your phone. You need to get more information.

• I used my sister's phone to call but the number didn't pick up the phone. I text the number through my own phone to ask "May I know who you are?" and she said "Ask *my boyfriend's name*, he knows".

• Complicated. Is there a way or would you be willing to meet up with the unknown number? You could arrange a meeting with your boyfriend & the person to talk. If you're going to do this, ask your boyfriend to lunch and surprise him with the unknown if she is willing to talk in person. Just to see his reaction and what he'd do if he saw the other person.

• Omg great idea!!! I can ask my boyfriend to go out for lunch and I asked that girl to meet up. At the same spot. Nobody would know my plan until they see each other!!!

• YUSS! DO IT. U need to know what is happening.

• How did he react?
    Have you tried calling her?

• Ask her to meet (in a very public place, can't be to careful). Good luck!

• Lmao check his phone. Stalk the shit outta him till u find out the truth.

• I looked for that number on his phone. Lucky him he didn't save that number but who knows he just write it somewhere else and clean up all the evidence after every time he text/call her lol.

• talk to him!

• I did. He said he doesn't know who that is.

• does he have a iPhone?

• No he use samsung, Why?