My boyfriend's dog just died, what do I do?

My boyfriend is in Maine for a family vacation and he just called me and bawled his eyes out because his dog was attacked by his aunt's pitbull and unfortunately died. We all loved the little dog and my boyfriend's birthday is coming up in a few short days. I wanted to do something small to commemorate his memory, not a ceremony, but make either a few mugs with his picture on it, but I'm not sure if it's too soon for this. The last thing I would want is him being angry any more than he already is. Do you think it's too soon to do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am so very sorry, @safehavens, that this unfortunate thing had to happen while your soul mate was on his family vacation. He not only Lost man's best friend but it put a terrible monkey wrench in his family holiday and Now... Bawled his eyes out.
    I feel he loves you enough to even Confide in you, which Means he wanted to let you in on the tragedy because he felt he Needed to hear your sweet voice and know that even though you are miles away, you are there for him with a shoulder to cry on and lean on.
    Go ahead and do what you Planned with his 'My boyfriend's birthday.' I think he will find it a beautiful gesture and when he Comes Back, Give this to him Instead. He may be feeling a bit better by then.
    For now, do something special with just you and him in the picture so he can look at you and smile and say through his tears "What an amazing girl I have and will have and will hold."
    Good luck and again, my condolences.. xx

• Thank you so much for the Honor, @safehavens, and I pray that everything is working itself out with a better day...:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 6

• get him a turtle... those f***ers live forever

• Play him this song i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhhyvNNKTCI

• Every dog has his day, ignore don't do this shit for dogs

• It really depends on the person, I'd appreciate the sentiment and be grateful but some people are more angry and they'd throw a bitch fit.

• Get him a puppy

• I don't think that is a good idea it will seem like she is trying to replace the dog.

• I would wait a little while for the mugs. Give it a few months.

What Girls Said 1