I have had cance twice (genetics) I have a port scar on chest and it's about a size of a quarter. What do guys think about cancer scars?

I had twice and I have scars I had a port put in now I have this scar that I hate and I'm really insecure about it , I also have a mediport on my right arm that looks so horrible. I had a scar on my neck ( you can't really see it if you don't look) but I'm still insecure about it. My second cancer blinded me so now I can't see out of my left eye.

Thanks so much guys!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• True, they can be distracting at first, but one gets used to looking past it. They are actually distinguished battle scars for the fights you have had with cancer. Not familiar with the mediport, but after looking it up it appears to be another name for a port-a-cath, which my wife had a few times during her battles. The scar showed after it was removed (every time) but not big deal. If it really bothers you, one woman found an interesting way to make the best of it. She turned the actual port into part of a necklace and covered the scar with a tattoo to celebrate beating Leukemia.
    cdn.c.photoshelter.com/.../den21.jpg

What Guys Said 5

• Like many military veterans you have been in a battle for your life and have survived. Your scars are like tattoos that help tell the story of your life. Let them empower you.

My aunt who lost both breasts to cancer does not hide behind false foam boobs. When she senses someone has noticed her boy-chest she says without a pause, "Oh my boobs, yeah they tried to kill me so they had to go."

• I wouldn't even ask about them just accept you for you and make the most of our friendship. And i wouldn't mind letting you hold my hand/ hang on me to keep steady if you wanted to walk. And yea id still date you, you would still be beautiful in my eyes.

• It's fine. If some one is actually shallow enough to have an issue with it, then good riddance. you don't want someone like that in your life anyway.

• as long as you act nice guys won't care. it's just some scars. Also I'm not sure anyone could possibly be so shallow as to turn someone down because they have small scars.

• scars fade with time, if not they can be removed, but a lot of guys won't care, and congrats for getting trough something so terrible :) be proud of that and think of those scars as battle scars,

What Girls Said 0