I'm 24... He's 18. Is that bad?

Hello everyone
so I met this guy recently and we got along so well from the first time we spoke, I really enjoy talking to him. We're still just friends but there is flirting going on. He wants to hang out and I'm not sure if I should go through with that or not.
Only problem is... He's 18. I know some say age doesn't matter... Guys date young girls all the time so why can't girls date younger guys.
Should I just cut it off and forget him or go with the flow?
I really don't know what to do

A little update... I hung out with him and I have to say I enjoyed it. He's very mature and we had a good time.

Most Helpful Guy

• In our misandrist society it's perfectly fine for older women to date younger guys but when a older guy dates a younger girl he is branded a creep, pervert and a "predator"

Most Helpful Girl

• The reason it's more common for older men to be with younger girls is that girls reach neurological maturity well before men. The brain stops developing at around 23-24 in most women, while for the majority if males don't reach that stage until around 30.

So generally, an 18 year old girl and a 24 year old man will have a lot more in common than an 18 year old boy and a 24 year old woman.

What Guys Said 10

• Give it a try, cause I like girl of + 3-4 years then me, if he is adult, you might even get intimate, I wish girls gave me outlook like that. Cause it's rare you find people with spark, age does not matter much.. You might regret if you don't give it a shot. If shot fails then another failed attempt.. And experience to you.

• Not bad at all

• y'all aren't getting married. lol

• Next year actually, you're invited!
      Of course not haha

• Thats not a bad age gap at all good luck with all that

• Its normal.

• I think you should give him a chance.

• I think age is important in relationships. Unless there is a big difference

• Eh. I'd say it's best to take that real slow and with a ton of caution. He might be dream guy to you right now but 18 year old him is still definetly in development. If some of the girls who love me now had met me at 18 I'm not sure we'd even be friends. And I have almost nothing in common with the people I hung out with when I was 18 anymore and I'm only 22. I think people always want to call the age gap creepy but to me the actual age isn't what's bothersome. Erase our society and leave only human beings living in the wilderness and 18 year olds dating a 24 year old seems totally normal but through back in our society and things change. You're now looking at one kid about to enter one of the most dramatic life shifts they've ever experienced and another person who's made that shift adapted to it and already on their way to the next phase. Chances are high that that 18 year olds never driven weeks in a row to an empty home and woken up to that same emptiness. or had to live with strangers. Chances are high that that 18 year olds never had to sit down and budget out money for food next week. my 18 year old self was a super nice insecure quiet shy kid who studied hard made his bed and thought alcohol and drugs were devil spawn. By 21 i'd changed my religion, been through an alcoholic stage, missed work because I was high, had to retake some classes, and hosted more parties than I remember. By 22 I'd graduated, became a model worker, gotten physically fit, learned how to cook beautifully, modeled, tried to start a business, learned piano, and just recently did pretty well on the MCAT. Who knows who I'll be when I'm 24 but all I do know is that anyone I would've dated at 18 was a horrible choice for me dating wise. Waiting a little while till he really gets a grip on who he wants to be is always better in my opinion. He's not the only guy around. Let him grow and take some chances with people closer to your age range. If he's really best for you he'll be there when the time comes.

• Thank you so much for that

• that's not bad , go with the flow`1

• you pedo granny! (women logic against men, reversed)

What Girls Said 4

• I think forget about him. It'll be a lot easier if you find someone your own age.

• If he makes you happy and you make him happy... I see no problem.

• I don't see what's wrong with it. Like you said, many guys go after VERY young women as well, so I don't see a problem in your situation. Give him a chance.

• its a bit weird...