Why is it harder for good looking guys to know they are good looking, then good looking girls?

I am 20, and I just found out that I am considered good looking to girls. I was sitting in a room with some girls, and I asked them of who they thought was good looking in our friend group (to get an idea of what they thought a good looking guy looked like), and they all agreed that they thought I was really good looking. Up to that point I never once heard I was good looking (other then from my mom and family members), I didn't feel good looking, girls were never particularly obsessed with me, they didn't surround me or always come talk with me, I mean looking back it makes sense because a couple girls in high school tried to hook up with me at parties ( which I just thought was because they were sl*tty, but either way I am looking for a long term relationship anyway), but other then them not many girls really talked to me. I am not the most outgoing person (in fact I am horribly shy), so I was never out trying to pick up all kinds of girls, and I dont really talk much, but I never knew I was considered good looking. Meanwhile it seems like all the hot girls in high school and college knew they were good looking since middle school, and they have to hear it 10 times a day just to remind themselves. Even the girl I went to prom with (who liked me a lot) never once told me I was good looking, I just never knew, I always thought I wasn't very attractive because women didn't talk to me. Why is this?

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of the time I am intimidated by attractive men, so I don't approach them. I am not too attractive, so I feel that I should stay in my own league. I assume that an attractive man will reject me.

Some girls might not feel too confident or they're shy, and they might be intimidated as well. Also, I think it's true what the Anonymous guy said. Guys usually don't get complimented as much. I usually compliment people if I am comfortable around them and I know them well. I'd never tell a stranger that he was attractive even if he was.

I am really shy as well. A lot of people think I am stuck up or something because of this. So maybe girls also think that about you. A lot of shy people can be misjudged unfortunately.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe because "most" women don't compliment men, the only time they openly do it is when they're in a relationship.

"Most"guys on the other hand, are known to give women compliments frequently.

What Girls Said 3

• My confidence wavers. Sometimes I look in the mirror and feel like 3/10. Other days I feel like 7/10 and I'm unstoppable! I thought I was shy. Ha! I'm extremely outgoing, but only in doses. I have social super powers, but there's a time limit. When I'm in the zone, I'm a social animal, initiator, center of attention, hostess, etc. Then after a while I get exhausted and need out. FAST. I feel unwelcome, paranoid and completely overwhelmed, like a shut in hermit. Must get away from the noise, the crowds. etc.

Totally feel ya man! Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY (strangers people I never met, teachers, faculty) knew me in school, but I wasn't popular. Or at least I didn't feel popular, didn't seem like I had any friends.

Discover your hidden powers like I did, its an awesome adrenaline rush! Don't worry about getting phone numbers, dating or whatever... Just approach all those hot girls - have fun! Stop waiting for folks to talk to you. Everybody is a chicken.

• Because there is a "SCHEME" and a formula for a good looking girl: tall+small waist+tight stomach+big boobs+lifted butt+nice smile+long hair+A LOT OF MAKEUP=hot girl. And when it comes to guys, there are a lot of different types of handsome. Tall, short, blond, dark, muscular, thin...
    The second reason is that, unfortunatly, girls don't give compliments that often, so guys aren't used to get them, while there are guys complimenting girls ALL THE FRICKIN TIME

• people assume people know they are good looking why rub it in

What Guys Said 0