Why are the women on Tinder so freakin' ridiculous?

I told myself I would never get a Tinder but here I am now anyways. I thought the site was only for hookups which I wasn't interested in but it turns out there's more room to play than just that. However, I've noticed many ridiculous behaviors from the women on Tinder (women, please chime your ridiculous experiences with men on Tinder in the answers below). Here's a comprehensive list of things I keep observing:

-Doesn't have a bio at all or puts something stupid like a movie quote or their sorority's letters. Because your sorority obviously describes your entire being and I can totally decipher your character traits from letters of the Greek alphabet.
-Uploads photos exclusively with multiple women in them. WHICH ONE ARE YOU?
-"I'm just here for the dog pictures", "I'm just here for the corny pickup lines", "I probably only swiped right because of your dog", "If you have a dog in your photo you're automatically a 4", "I sure ain't a size 2 but you sure ain't Channing Tatum f**ker"
-My personal favorite, "I don't message first. :)", Why the f**k not? Are you really that lazy of a woman?
-Matches you, you send something simple like, "Good morning! I'm front2back, how are you?", and they NEVER RESPOND. Why did you swipe right in the first place?
-Tries to hide their obese body by sucking in and/or just only showing their face (like my ex is doing now).
-Only uploads two photos that honestly don't show you anything about their looks that well.
-Trying to find a girl without one of those trashy nose studs or that is covered in tats is like trying to find a good movie in the Walmart $5 DVD bin. It's nigh impossible.

Here are some fine works of art I had to save:

I'm startling to lose faith. I've had some matches so far but like I said, you message and there's no respone. I'll just keep swiping away until Sydney from high school finally swipes right back. :(

Most Helpful Girl

• "Also I will cut you." LMFAO!

I've never used tinder, but maybe I should to get some good laughs.

• Thanks for the MHO! ^^

Have you ever tried joining some free or low-cost activities/clubs offered to college students?

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 32

• Wanna know ridiculous? A guy on tinder messaged me the other night simply saying "Send me nudes. Get me off."

I redirected him to pornhub, informing him it's not my job or obligation to get him off.

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh man. I'm a girl and I'm cracking up so hard at those profile bios. Oh god help their souls. Jesus flippin chirst. Met my boyfriend online but not on tinder. Met through an online game. Tbh i dont trust tinder at all. but all the best mate. XD

• These profiles are obviously set up to be humorous. The Gillette one? That's been circulating the net for months now with countless women reusing the phrase.

Tinder is not a serious app and most people don't use it to look for a life partner, but rather for shits and giggles.
    When I set up my Okcupid profile year ago, I made sure to make it as least serious and most sarcastic and cynical as possible to weed out all the mundane guys that start of all their conversations with their stale "Hi how r u?"s and have nothing substantial to say afterwards.

These girls are not crazy, you're just a very boring person with no sense of humour.

• Why are the women on Tinder so freakin' ridiculous?
    Likely because they can be while still getting what they want. And/or Tinder is not their sole/main outlet so they don't seek to put much effort in.

• That's hilarious, im tempted to create an account for the laughs now x)

• I don't use the app, but I think some women use apps like that to get validation that people are into them and boost their self-esteem, not really planning on going through and meeting anyone. And a lot of people with weird profiles might not take it seriously and are just using it for fun.

• Certainly seems like it.

• Well this site isn't supposed to be for meeting anyone in real life.

• The self-validation thing is so true... There are so many gorgeous women on there that obviously don't need that app, they could walk in public anywhere and be hit on by 10 guys.

• OMFG XD

Dude just nope out! Like there's clearly way too high a concentration of crazy. Maybe you should try like The League or something classier than tinder?

• I tried a lot, haven't tried "The League" yet. Honestly the others weren't much better than Tinder, but at least they weren't ridiculous.

• To be homest I don't think that there are much serious people on Tinder. I have a friend who only hooks up with someone every week. So there is a small chance you will find a good girl on there.

• Yeah tinder can be rough. Try being a girl and constantly being asked for sex when you state in your profile you aren't here for the hookups for friends with benefits or anything like that. It's annoying. There are the idiot tinder guys and girls. Wait til you get the clingy tinder girl who you've tried to tell stop to but she insists you're the one... I've had a couple of those guys already. You'll find a good match eventually... although I've been on tinder for 6 months now and still all shit.

• Tinder isn't for high quality people, go out, get a job, get an education, meet people that way

• I'm talking about the answerer

• @Dave20152 I'm in college, I have a job. I meet people. Just not good people... by the way I found someone... So there are good quality people on tinder, you just have to be patient.

• I understand why you're asking... but also I don't.

There IS a reason you were told not to get a Tinder. Tinder DOES have a reputation. And now you know why you were told what you were and what that reputation is.

• Ooh they sound messed up. Thank goodness Idont have tinder

• Telling ya, the guys aren't much better. I had a tinder before I met my boyfriend, and around 80% of messages were simply asking for a fuck, and the rest of them started out ok, then ended with the guy being a sociopath/major creep/potential rapist.
    Tinder is a bad place. A bad, bad place.

• Well I don't use tinder, was thinking about trying it though. But god some of those profiles were hilarious. And/Or honest. I mean you can't complain about the girl saying exactly what she wants, which is a BDSM relationship from what I can gather

"Because your sorority obviously describes your entire being "
    https://youtu.be/7nuyMaUkrRQ?t=3m5s
    (from 3:05) and I guess it applies to sororities as well. lol But well what they're doing is just telling you something they're passionate about

"Matches you, you send something simple like, "Good morning! I'm front2back, how are you?", and they NEVER RESPOND. Why did you swipe right in the first place" well you know swiping right isn't a commitment. My friend uses tinder and sometimes she shows me profiles asking if she should swipe right or left and I keep saying when in doubt just swipe right, you got nothing to lose you don't even have to talk to him and she was saying well some get kinda mad if you don't reply and it's annoying. Don't be that guy

• Yes there are ridiculous men and women on tinder. Why? Because they're just douchey. No other explanation. They gather on there. Like flies to roadkill.

• I don't even know what to tell you lol.

• Hahahahahahahahahahahaha... That's the funniest shit I've read in awhile... Thank God I don't have a tinder, looks like I'm not missing out on much but maybe some good laughs!!!

• Thank you for making my afternoon. I'm sorry you have to go through this!!

• OMFAPPLES! hahah! its tinder! What do u expect!

• First off. There's nothing wrong with nose studs. I have had mine for 12 years now and it's the best. I love it and so do most guys. Second of all, it's tinder. I tried tinder out for a while three days before I deleted mine. I couldn't stand it. I thought it was useless and dumb. If I were you, I really wouldn't put much stock or faith into a site like that. Most of those girls, along with guys are just looking for hookups and one nighters. I would try something a little softer for you.

• LMAO that's messed up

• I have a tinder and I would consider myself a pretty down to earth girl. i do some of the things you listed above. Sometimes I'll forget to respond. I admit I very rarely message the guy first. I'm more traditional and think the guy should make the first mov. cbut anyways don't lose hope. I actually had a very good relationship develop from tinder.

• For all you Teen Mom fans, Tinder's where Jenelle met Nathan.
    *Drops mic*

• Wow! Speechless.

• What do you expect? Most people who do online dating are psycho lol. I don't know why you are so shocked?

• This was hilarious. I'll admit, I used to have tinder but never used it for relationships or even hookups, but solely for a confidence booster or because I was bored.

• That's just how dating sites/apps are. They just don't work most of the time.

• Your last point was kinda uncalled for. I don't understand why you would use it when it has a bad rep.

• wow that's cool

• Because Tinder is 4 fucking.

• Oh geez...

Well, I've seen Tinder from a female friend's perspective, and said "nope" to the guys on there. Now I see the women... I was right to not even give it a chance. I know it's not just hook ups... but it seems to attract a certain type of person as well. It's not for me.

But some of these are funny (your situation isn't, but the profiles are).

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 31

• Bro... Tinder is NOT the place to be looking for good reltionships 😂

Tinder is used for: Meeting people, confidence booster, looking at girls.

I had profile that had a bio "I will suck your d*ck" (group photos everywhere) 😂😂😂

99% of females on tinder or cheap Biitchezz that think too highly of themselves. Your list is so true lol.

• I'm on Tinder for nothing serious, and to get some friends, cause to be honest, the majority of girls on Tinder are awful.
    Most of them are vain and just want the attention, that's why in their bio they just put their Instagram and nothing else, they just want followers.
    Others think they're the best with things like "If you're this and that, don't even dare swiping right" wtf b*tch, who the heck do you think you are? I get they don't like some things on men, but it's the way they say it.

I don't even bother reading girl's bios anymore, I just swipe right to every girl and then if we match I decide whether I like them or not. It saves me time.
    I've met pretty cool girls in there though, but the majority are just conceited little girls looking for attention.

• Most men use tinder to reach something. A goal. A relationship or hookup etc.
    (Attractive) women on the other hand usually make fun of the app, because they have so much choice in men, so they only pick the top 2% best looking ones.

Dating in real life is better, because on tinder you only judge each other based on the pictures. In real life there's also body language, social status and of course most important: your conversation skills (for attracting women).
    It's so easy to ignore someone online, but in real life it's so weird if you ignore someone.

• As someone who has had a lot of success on tinder- not hookups, dates! These are girls that aren't interested in actually meeting up. I would say at least half the girls on their, are just there for an ego boost, to flirt casually or to see what it is all about.

And the girls that you do match, but don't respond actually have a good reason. Almost every guy a girl swipes right to is a match, that is a dozen or so in just a few minutes. So you have to be sure to STAND OUT with your opener. They probably get dozens of 'how are you doings' in an hour of swiping!

I find the best openers are very interesting questions, unique to their bio or text. It shows you actually took the time to look at their profile, and made something funny/interesting.

I have had a dozen or so dates from tinder. Only a handful of those were actually enjoyable and got a second date from me. I actually met my last girlfriend on there, we dated for 9 months and only broke up because we were both moving away.

Tinder CAN work, you just have to be respectful and witty. I only get maybe 1/100 to match with me, and even then maybe 1/5 actually respond- and from there, it is all about finding even the smaller percentage of girls you actually hit off with via text and can make a date happen.

Tinder is dating in a numbers game at its finest.

• You've discovered the hidden depths of fucking retards lol.

• I downloaded it to see what it was like, although I didn't want a hookup. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't the "approachable" kind of person.

One girl said she wasn't sure why she was on it in the first place, because she was too cute for it. Another said, "If you didn't vote for [blank], swipe left." That's just a couple examples.

• Lol those are priceless 😂

• Meh it's not that odd compared to some i've seen, although I have to say I do hate when they say 'don't just say hey'... like wtf do you want me to say? Am I supposed to be amazing, quirky and original right off the bat? Being normal just doesn't cut it these days.

• That's all you'll find within your age range, especially on a site like tinder. If you ant to find yourself someone decent-you need to talk to the introverts in your classroom, library and church.

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Another guy told me about this question! I was upset I didn't see it. Yo the first one isn't satanistic by the way, thinking what she thinks doesn't make her satanistic. Thinking that you're your own god, that is satanistic.

• If I was single and your age, Gianna is getting a right swipe from me. What a badass, haha.

• Dude, there's a reason why those type of girls are on Tinder in the first place.

It's because they can't get a relationship to save their shitty lives.

• I never use this shitty app! And never will... And I hope I never meet a girl who used this stupid app and keeps shitty statuses or bio like that...
    I can tell the type of attitudes these women must be having just from their bio!!! LOl disgusting and sad..

• in my opinion, in the areas I've lived I think the people that actively use and are on Tinder use it because they are too shy/busy/awkward to just meet and date IRL.

• Haha, so is all so funny and true. "Noooo, I'm not going to message first, that's the man's job!" So much entitlement...

I have to say though, when you do message, you do sort of have to be creative, women get bored sooooo easily, one wrong message and it's over. I usually try to be funny or say something about their interests, but some women on there are so boring already it's hard to make those conversations happen.

• I found some hilarious pictures and bios on Tinder. It's almost part of the fun.

Get on another, better app or site if you actually are serious about this. Tinder is fun but I wouldn't pin my hopes on it.

• To be home the reason people use these dating sites/apps is because they have a shit personality and only have their looks to offer but to bad for them that they don't last

• Lol sukkubus queen 😍 crystal bby you ma girl. Giannas definitely a hooker, just look up her warname "gilette", addisons desperate housewife gg.

The fuck crytal you don't be drinking too much Dr. Pepper.
    Ye ye lets all have some psycho fun lel

Guy when I was on tinder it was boring but this is fucking funny. Maybe it's because I live in germany but there must be funny as hell chicks cause that shit just gave me a huge smile

• Yea lol... women are horrible on dating sites... when there behind a computer receiving endless amounts of messages... their ego bloats the size of north America

• I think some of it is humor. Tinder is probably not the best choice for a long term relationship. It's more of a hookup, or short term dating site.

• Well at least she gave a heads up about cutting you. Some do it by surprise...

• abby is cute

• Good thing I don't have a phone

• haha gianna is awesome, *hugs*

• That chick Abby is a hottie :)

• Tinder is a waste of time

• C'mon man--Abby is certainly worth a date or 2!

• That age group is very flaky right now, it's hard to find something serious out of that, I wouldn't worry about wine right now, I would concentrate on making money in a career , when your older and more successful the women will be everywhere

• i mean, what kind of movie did you expect for five dollars

• Yeah tinder isn't the plaxe you'll find high quality people

• More from Guys
    1