Dating older, more experienced guy?

and I am a very inexperienced girl. I've barely dated. Haven't kissed anyone, and I'm still a virgin.

This guy keeps asking me out, and I keep putting it off because I don't want him to expect anything physical. I tend to always pull away when someone shows interest. He's a few years older than myself. We're very different, but I really enjoyed his company. He did his best to make me feel comfortable the whole time we hung out. I want to hang out again, but I'm not sure what to expect. Should I just flat out tell him about all this during our second date ( barely dated, virgin) ? I'd like to remain friends, but I know guys don't like that "friends" title. Not sure what the heck I should do.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• If you are not interested in dating him then tell him that you want to just be friends and if he doesn't like that answer then he is not worth your time anyway. If you are just scared to date him because you have little experience, I suggest just taking it very slow. You don't have to tell him you are a virgin but you can say you're not used to dating and that it's pretty new to you. If he really cares about you he is not going to push you to do anything that makes you uncomfortable. Just keep the dates public (dinner, movies) don't go to his house or invite him over until you are comfortable.

• In my experience the older the guy is the less concerned he is with having just a sexual relationship. Chance are he has been there and done that. He may even be looking for someone to settle down with. If this is the case then you probably won't have to worry about him only wanting to date you for that. I say go out with him a few more times and get a feel for what he's looking for. Be yourself and have fun...you don't have to disclose right up front how inexperienced you are with the whole dating thing just try to let loose a little and enjoy his company. If all you want with this guy is his friendship then you should definitely make that known right up front. But if there is any romantic interest you can date him and get to know him with out it needing to go any further than you are comfortable with. Once you get to know him a little better then you can tell him you are still a virgin and what you are looking for. If this scares him off then you know he wasn't worth your time to begin with. Hope this helps! Good Luck!