Why do most girls hate nerdy guys?

I'm not talking about neckbeard level of nerd or any extremes like that. Just your average to moderately above average looking guy who happens to be into video games, anime and superhero movies. Is it that most nerdy guys are introvert and girls dislike that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally love them, but that's because I like video games, anime and superhero movies :P I guess it's about common interests. If your interests are mainly introverted activities that you generally do on your own rather than things like going out, joining clubs, meeting people, then you're not really going to meet anyone, or you're at least not going to meet people who like what you like.

It's not necessarily that girls don't like introversion, but introversion can make things difficult in that it's often harder to get to know introverted people and find something the two of you can do together. Seeing as I'm an introvert, introverted guys are good for me, but it's probably not great for things like casual dating.

What Girls Said 18

• ooooh i would say i am definitley not into guys that like tbecause if thathat stuff, mostly what they do with their free time they probably dont know how to treat a girl and he probably like isn't smooth with his hands or good with things like that but if your not into stuff like that if you like him go for it!!!(:

• I don't think they hate them. It could just be because being introverted means you are either less likely to be in social situations to meet girls, less likely to have easy conversations with strangers and this probably makes girls think that you aren't into them. In which case they get really insecure and move on.

I think it's different with introverted girls though, as they get it and are probably more patient.

• Isn't every guy into those things? I've never met a guy who didn't play video games, who hadn't watched dragon ball z or Pokemon, or who doesn't like superheroes. So I don't know what you mean at all

• I always thought girls like the nerdy guys. Cuz they r cute and not super extremely and usually have a more modest personality...

• No but if your not attractive... I might not look you!

• I don't hate nerds guys. And I'm introverted as well.

• It's usually more about time management than anything else. If he spends most of his time with video games or comic books consume his life it will be a definite disappointment.

• I dig nerdy guys

• Nerds tend to be introverted and shy, and a lot of girls wouldn't even give guys with these qualities a passing glance.

• Lol I love sharing nerdy puns with people x)

• Puns are neither clever nor nerdy.

• @Gommers lol if you dressed them up, I'm sure they could look the part
      correction asker: nerdy people can be cool

• dont know you're talking about i love the nerds

• I find nerdy guys incredibly hot. Smart is sexy.

• What, all of my friends are nerds. Who have you been hanging out with?

• I dont hate nerds :P

• i don't think thats true at all so...

• It depends on the type of anime, superhero and video game thibgs they like. Do you expect girls to fall for guys who jack off to fanservice anime and enjoys shooting video games? Yeah this is just one extreme but if these are your only interests, it is a problem because most girls aren't super into these things. And it's good to like things and have hobbies, but if your room is full of stuffed toys, comics, statues etc. It is a bit overwhelming.
    What I'm saying, it's good to have other interests too. If you want girl to be open to your interests, be open when it comes to her interests. And it's okay to be passionate about things you live, but don't take it too far, or expect everyone to understand it.

• I don't know, to be honest. I like nerdy guys, we would have a lot in common. Not just the "hipster" nerdy types these days, but true nerdy guys... ones that are both very tech savvy and know a lot about science, history, various video games, books, table top games, movies, tv shows, etc.

I enjoy all of those things, and I'm an introvert as well. While I do like some "girly" things as well, I've noticed a lot of guys aren't into the same things as me. I asked out this guy, because he loved science, Star Wars, etc. but he said he didn't want to date or hang out. The guys that ask me out have been various (gym guys, a firefighter, military guys, etc) and while I did like them, they just weren't interested in what I was. Hopefully there's a good balance out there for me, and hopefully you can find one, too.

• Thanks man. Good luck back

• Thank you!

• I don't know, I don't hate nerdy guys, they are my type. As are introverts because I'm one as well

What Guys Said 11

• They like them if they have a stable income and when their looks start fading.

• Well you found your issue. you wrote "... guy who happens to be into video games, anime and superhero movies..."
    That is not a nerd, that is a child. Try growing up and expanding your interests.
    As a nerd myself, even when I was younger it wasn't just that. Although when i was young a nerd was anyone that was into Computers and getting good grades... so I am a bit out of the loop... lol...

• Neck beards aren't nerds they're idiots who think that being atheist makes them smarter and superior to everyone but to your question it's not because of your likes that girls don't like you is because most of them are really shy and scared to make a move

• Don't get me wrong, I like video games and still play them somewhat regularly, but have you ever listened to someone talk about game lore? It's the most dull and uninteresting thing on the planet.

• Well, I don't know if most girls hate them. But nerds are sometimes unnatractive due to a combination of reasons, like: a) they are often socially awkard and don't know how to connect to people; b) they often don't take care of their physical shape and appearance; c) they often avoid getting out of the house, doing outdoor or physical activities, which can be pretty boring and deppressing; d) They often are bitter and resentful of girls - that reject them - and other guys - that seem to have what is denied to them.

Think of Elliot Rodger, this is the extreme example of it. Of course, most won't come close to this but many share some of his mindset to some extent.

• Man its funny as you are saying this because today I was at a game store buying GTA 5 and I saw this fat nerd fairly ugly looking too who dressed poorly with like a hot skinny girlfriend no joke I was so mad inside she was Gothic but sexy and had bitch resting face.

• I don't think they "hate" nerdy guys. They may not find many of them attractive (for a variety of reasons). But don't equate not finding a person attractive with hating them.

• Girls don't dislike nerdy guys because of their hobbies, but because of the ways in which they act and look. On average, the typical "nerd" is poorly dressed, social inept and downright awkward. They pay more attention to their video games than they do girls, or even sex. there's nothing wrong with it, and honestly if it weren't for sex i'd be doing the same, but girls don't like it. It leaves them (nerds) un-experienced with girls, and subconsciously, uninterested in them.

• Here in GaG you'll find that many females actually like nerds.

• If you don't interact with society how can you expect people to connect with you

• Nerdy isn't bad, but I would think that video games are... How old are we?

And a lot of "nerds" lack basic social skills...

But nothing wrong with being smart...