I hate being Indian. What can I do?

1. It sounds like white people get all the luck in dating and (sometimes) making female friends.

Middle school - Girls ignored me a LOT. Being shy did not help either and was bullied a lot (by Indians AND non Indians)

High School - Bullying stopped and I talked more, but had very few friends due to cliques. Most girls just saw me as an aquaintance.

College - Made a lot of friends, started working out, and even joined a co ed frat. girls smile at me when we cross paths and sometimes even approach me / hug me / invite me to hangouts.

yet, I do not have a girlfriend yet. just a friend (i do make weak attempts to flirt or joke). I mostly laugh at others' jokes.

My parents raised me to focus more on grades than social life, but that put me in a HUGE depression in high school. I got low grades, had few friends, cannot hold conversations for long, and am not too physically strong. I also lack muscle and weigh 160 lbs (I have seen uglier guys get gfs).

Indian girls aren't an option, as my campus is mostly black/latino/white/asian, and the Indian girls that do exist are either Grad students or they Speak Hindi, which I cannot understand.

It is only 4th week of college, but what do I do? i feel the stereotypes are hurting my ability to date. and I do NOT want to settle down. I want experience from dating Chinese/Korean/Japanese/White chicks.

I work out, study, play video games, watch movies, and hang with friends.

Being Indian is a curse, especiialy if you don't fit in with other Indians.

Most Helpful Girl

• Looking at it, your luck is increasing as you're finding your place and growing up. Indians have given you guys a bad name though unfortunately. There isn't much you can do, accept be around women regularly and show that you're different and dateable.

• what have Indians done lol?

Other than being quiet, nerdy nice guys who are wicked smart, I dont know what Indians did to all these American women to earn such hate lol

Its like you have been brainwashed by the media to hate Indians by default

you are pathetic

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems like quite a few girls are into you, you just need to level up your game a little bit... be bold, be opinionated, work out, be social, and ask a girl out not that tough... also express yourself without being needy and fuck people who don't like you for who you are... you can date any race of girl you like, you don't need to focus on Indian girls only

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe it's your attitude that's causing you troubles. It's not like you can change your race, so I suggest you suck it up and be the best version of you that you can be.

• you can't change your race.. so best thing to do be try to be confident.. try to have fun.. stop thinking like this is something you HAVE to do. go slow and mellow.. like if it happens then good.. and if it doesn't then fuck it.. i am too good for these girls anyway.. haha.. just be confident and you'll get what you want..

• Aren't you Indian also?

• its more Caucasian.. Middle easterns are a bit different.. but whatever.. I don't really care about races or nationality.. it all depends on the individual after all..

• @BradyLames nothing to forgive.. lol.. I have been mistaken as middle eastern too.. and latina too.. I don't care about races.. it depends on the individual person if he or she is attractive or has a good personality..

• I know what you mean, as a black girl. You just got to embrace it. I got to a 98% white school. I make the most of it. Crack my own jokes, call people out on their stereotyping and racism. Go out and make some friends. Find more Indian people that get you. You never know what's out there.

• Why not date a Mexican? They like Indians.

What Guys Said 10

• There's nothing inherently wrong with being Indian, but Indian guys are their own worst enemies in dating. Indians guys shun socializing with white people in general, yet they wonder why they can't connect with white girls. How can you connect with someone who you don't understand? You can't dislike white people in general and then expect white girls to want to date you. Same goes for girls of other races.

Second, Indian guys are usually the most arrogant dudes around. They walk around with such a sense of superiority that everyone can sense it--especially girls, who are very attuned to guys' attitudes. Arrogance is never an attractive quality. White American girls really don't like it, because they demand to be treated with equality and respect, something Indian men aren't necessarily known for in close relationships. So those are your issues, and they're both correctable.

• I socialize with White people more than Indians.
      and I respect girls and treat them equally

• There's something off in your demeanor, then. You probably come across as insincere.

• lol get real

American girls are damaged goods... They would date anything lol

Indian guys are too concerned with what mummy and daddy think and aren't compatible with White girls in that sense

But an indian guy who is independant and carefree would absolutely slay in America... I would know because I was one of them

• Get out of your man cave, and out to the bar!!!
    Have a couple drinks of "liquid courage" and just start talking to people as real as you possibly can. You don't have to be perfect at it, you just have to be there to at least try. If it's uncomfortable "THAT'S GOOD!" Because so Sar doing what's safe and comfortable hasn't given you anything up to this point right? So it's time to start enjoying your life, and definitely ROCK OUT WITH YOUR COCK OUT! !!

• U r just a jerk whom girls have noticed and a pervert who just thinks they r laughing at me. U r not such a handsome guy whom have to adored.

• You remind me Rajesh Ramayan Koothrappali in Big bang theory series

• Bund mara..

• Do what Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal did. Change your name, become a politician in the US, claim your American southern heritage and have paintings of you on the wall making you appear white.

• Hmm, remember Michael Jackson? He use to be afro-american... but then he decided to become caucasian... weird thing...

• One word for you :
    Attitude problem
    Change it ok?
    Cause being Indian isn't curse
    Being Indian myself I've been with many girls... all over world
    Once I was in a LDR with a girl named Morgy she came here just to meet me... we enjoyed a lot and most importantly I'm not good looking

• Stop making excuses, almost all of that stuff has happened to me and I am white. My parents are extremely controlling, and want me to do well, women never talk to me, I was bullied in high school and I have never had a girlfriend, except I can't use my race as an excuse for any of that. This stuff does happen to white people too you know, you just dont hear about it because we can't use our race as an excuse for it to happen. Anyone who uses their race as an excuse for not being able to do something is clearly blind and not able to see all of the white people out there who have it just as bad as them. If white people are having many of the same struggles you have then maybe the problem is you, not your race.

• i am Indian and let me tell you, being Indian is actually a great thing. we have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like any race. I for 1 am a great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my life and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me. also, Indian parents are one of the best parents you can have. sometimes they can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they will buy you what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish dickhead. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and a family that we all love and take care off.

also my birthday is this year's Diwali.

• money is the ONLY reason chicks would date us