She always cancels plans, should I break up with her?

I've been dating this girl for about 2 months now. It's too early to say I'm in love but I really do like her. She is an amazing girl, has a beautiful heart, and shares the same values as me. She cancels plans with me 9/10 times. Her communication with me has weakened because she's always busy with family, in class, or resting. I see her once a week for a few hours, sometimes once every other week. She has been cancelling plans because she is experiencing some family issues, health issues, and is very stressed with school. When we are physically together I feel sparks and she shows genuine interest. I feel lonely in this relationship since I do not get to see her often. I'm wondering if it would be best for me and for her to break things off now and be there for her as a friend so she can continue to focus on everything currently going on in her life. OR is it foolish to give up a great girl because of the lack of contact (maybe it will pass)?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds just like my situation, except I'm a guy. Personally, I feel like I want to be with her, show her I care. But if she's not ready for a relationship then in the end there's not going to be one. It just sucks finding someone your so compatible with and them not being able to commit. I can't truly answer this question because I am literally almost in the exact same position, met a girl in class, got her number talk frequently set up dates just to get canceled on or ignored. I'm starting to distant myself from her. All I can say is do what's best for yourself, no point to put all this effort and engery into something that you have little control over.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell HER how you're feeling. Don't pose it as any sort of ultimatum, but tell her you could just be her friend right now if that's what she needs. You can then explore the possibility of a relationship later, when things settle down. It's okay to say that you need more time with her if she wants to continue your relationship. If she's serious about you, she needs to make you a priority, otherwise she should let you go.
    I think it's great that you're being so understanding of her situation, but you also need to think about yourself.

What Guys Said 1

• This quote has always helped me in times of uncertainty brother:
    "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free." Corey Wayne

I'd give her some space and see her reaction but you're DATING not in a relationship. She's not committed to you and I would most likely guess you project your high interest and feelings way too hard on her. If a girl cancels once on me she will be making the next date otherwise you're the back burner boy in the event her other guy doesn't show.

What Girls Said 1

• She always cancels plans, should I break up with her?
    Yes why would you want stay with someone like that! Unless she has a good reason!