The guy i'm dating doesn't invite me to his birthday party. Is it normal?

I've been going out with a guy for 2 months and things have been going great. We are not exclusive since we have never brought up the talk. So this Friday he has a birthday coming up and my birthday follows just two days after. We usually hang out on weekends, and this weekend is supposed to be special. But 2 days ago, he told me he couldn't hang out with me this weekend because he has a full schedule. He said he was going to have dinner with his family on Friday night and a party with his friends on Saturday night. What do you think? Should i be offended for not being invited? Or should i just chill and think it's something normal? I know we are not in a 'relationship' so i'm just afraid of being too clingy if i make a huge deal out of it. But i also want to know where i'm standing here. Can you please help me? Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds to me your relationship is more friends with benefits and he doesn't see you as girlfriend material just yet to invite with his friends/or meet the family.

Most Helpful Girl

• My feelings would be a little hurt but I wouldn't make a deal out of it. Does he know your birthday is coming and has he mentioned anything. I'd be upset if he didn't at least want to go to dinner one night or something.

• Yes he knows about it but he said he couldn't meet up this weekend. I think he expected me to have a plan of my own for my birthday

• Well it doesn't sound like you are on a track towards a relationship it sounds like he is tracking you to friends with benefits. So if that's not what you want it might be time to bail.

What Guys Said 1

• maybe its just guy friends, he probably wants to spend time with his friends because he most likely spends time with you more than his friends; to catch up

What Girls Said 2

• I think he just wants time hanging out with his friends and family.

• Well just casually ask him if you're going to do something just you two for his birthday (: He might not be ready to introduce you to his family and he might wanna go out with his male friends only... If he says no, he has nothing planned, chances are he's just an ass or perhaps a bit uncaring because I mean... Well xD