Boyfriend lied about age?

I am 25. I have been disgusted by the thought of having a boyfriend who is younger than me. I met this great guy last November and we clicked right away. He told me he was 25 and he was gonna turn 26 in December. Once he shaved, he started to look his true age, and his tendency to pout when things don't go his way (he's 6 foot 4, and cry's like a little baby), I started to do some digging and found out he's only 21!! He lied to me for so long and was so selfish. I really love him and actually saw myself starting a family with him but he's 4 years younger than me, And I don't Know what to do

Most Helpful Guy

• please say it went down like this :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYscs78R5Fs

also, how did you not figure that shit out? like you can go on facebook and literally check his age. i also have a hard time that you met/dated a guy a year ago and he kept it up for that long or you didn't notice or that he was able to keep it up for a year. this kinda sounds like you're just kinda dumb and careless.

Most Helpful Girl

• Who cares about age? I'm only 20, I met my boyfriend when I was 19, he told me he was 26. It wasn't until we were already together 5 months, we were totally in love and I found out he was actually 30, he is 11 years older than me. At first I was pissed. I never wanted to date anyone younger than me or 9+ years older. He told me he was scared I would think he was too old for me to even hang out with him and from the first time he saw me he wanted to take care of me. I wasn't mad long actually, just a day. Now I think it is funny. if you truly love someone, age should not matter. As for the lie, he only wanted to be with u so he lied about his age so u would consider going out with him. But as for the immaturity, depends if u can deal with it or not. Luckily I'm mature for my age and my man is a little immature so it evens out.

What Guys Said 21

• You decide what to do. He lied about his age, it's an important thing... I don't know if he did it because he feared you wouldn't want him or if his intention was just being with you no matter what needed to be done. Well, it's your life, what do you want for your life? Make your decision based on it.

• ""I have been disgusted by the thought of having a boyfriend who is younger than me.""

Yeah, while I do admit I see it's problematic that he lied about his age, I however don't see how this sort of ageist thinking actually benefits you. I mean, he's just 4 years younger, and you're both adults. When you'll be 56 and 52, I don't see how that will matter.

• Yes, it was totally wrong of him to lie to you and what's worse is he didn't confess this you found out on your own and so that indicates that he might have continued lying to you, that's not a good sign. I would suggest don't keep any contact with him.

• Well, since you have obviously stood your ground and know that to you, having a boyfriend that is younger than you is disgusting, then you should confront him. Ask him why he lied to you and see if you can make up. You decide what to do next, but I hope this helped. Feel better!

• I wouldn't start a family at all with him just because he lied about a significant thing. You have to think what else he will lie about. But age isn't the problem at all its just not being honest that is. Have a nice day

• If he lied about something that simple...
    what else would he lie about in the future?
    Alarm bells ringing...

• I understand that it was wrong of him to lie, but are you really shallow enough to dump a guy that you are (supposedly) already in love with, just because he is younger than you?

Honestly, i find that disgusting.!

• Well if you 'really love him' who gives a fuck about a number.

• Do u wonder why he lied? Any guess? It is because he likes u very much or perhaps love u... He knew it would get out someday but he didn't wanted to loose u... Think about it... Talk to him... Ask him and have a good conversation.. Be calm and gentle if u want the truth

• 4 years, are you fucking kidding me. That's nothing get over it

• I understand he lied for a long time. But if you really love him so much to the point where you want to marry him, couldn't you just look past his age?

• If you love him what does his age really matter? He probably shouldn't have lied but maybe it was because he really liked you

• why do you car about the age so much, till the fact that you love him and he loves you back, that what you should be worried about, not shitty facts like age.

• Age is an issue of mind over matter
    If you don't mind
    It doesn't matter...
    Ok so try to talk about this with him and he might be very attracted to you that's why he lied. Just don't leave him cause of age gap 😶?

• Are you disgusted that he lied to you or that he's younger? If its the former, then yeah, you have a right to be disgusted. But if its the later, dafuq? Whats d problem?

• if you love him age shouldn't matter

• no issue if he loves you than nothing matters. He will take care of you more than anyone else

• Dump him! What else is he lying about? ?

• You don't actually love him if his younger age is the only reason why you want to end it.

• Figure out why the hell he would lie like that

• He has game, when I was 17 this chick who was 25 had a thing for me but I didn't know she was 25 and let slip I was 17, I should of just kept my mouth shut! lmao

What Girls Said 18

• You need to sit down & talk with him about this. Lying isn't cool, no matter what it is. The first time, maybe. But he kept it up, & YOU had to find out for yourself. There are sometimes liars, & there are pathological liars. Find out why he did it before you find out more possible lies & string yourself along. If he gives a "reasonable" reason to lying, I would take some space, so you can breath, & if you truly love this guy, start over with him. Love shouldn't come with a silly age limit. I was in your shoes once, & I finally dated a friend who was/is a little younger than me. It wasn't all that bad, & we weren't even in love (well, I certainly wasn't lol), but you ARE- or at least say you are. Don't ruin something that important.

• The main problem is that he lied to you about his age. A four year age gap isn't really that bad. Does it really matter if he's younger than you? You're both adults. It shouldn't matter if he's younger than you if you're both consenting adults. There's a lot of couples that have the women older than the men. It's not that big of a deal. Yes, the typical "guys are not as mature as women." But that shouldn't matter if he's actually mature enough.

• A relationship built on lies. A guy who is immature. An age gap that you're not comfortable with. A selfish attitude. Is that really the foundation that you want to build your life on and around? I'd say you and your future kids probably deserve better. But only you truly know him. If you do decide he is the one you want, put your whole heart in it. Nothing else will matter.

• um.. ok, he lied.. thats not good..

But.. really? if you'd known all along that he was 21.. you wouldn't have given him a shot?

What if he is "the one" ?

• he the same person who is 21 get over it!

• hey I dont think its right he lied to you, but I also dont think it's fair that you dont want a boyfriend younger than you. If he was 10 years younger, then ya you can complain about that. But 4? its not so bad. If you think he's too immature for you, then break it off with him but if he seems like a great guy and someone you love, I would say age doesn't matter in this case
    so good luck :)

• Aww be nice to him. He wanted you not to be an age-ist against him and really wanted you to like him.

• While I think his age shouldn't matter the fact he lied to you does. It would not be wrong to leave him for it. Though if you love him you might want to forgive him, just remember if you forgive him you shouldn't leave him later for it if you change your mind

• OMGGG!!! MY ex DID the EXACT same SHIT. My ex was 3 years younger than me, which was fucking awkward because I was 18 and he was 15 ughhhhh. And I didn't find out until I was 20.

• What else is he lying about? That is what I would ask...

• Did you ask him why he lied? Because that is just stupid. If he tells you the truth about why he lied and you know that everything else is decent and no lie and you still care a lot, then I would say go for it

• OH MY GOD! FOUR WHOLE YEARS! OHHHHH NOOO!! grow up.

• I don't know but I am afraid that if I date someone younger than me and get married. Later on he is going to cheat on me with someone younger. I think for them it's just for fun.

• You do know that there are lots of older guys that like younger girls too right? So a guy younger than you won't make a difference for wanting a younger girl

• @SweetSourL It could also depend on the guy though some guys muture really quick. However you have to be sure that he is serious about the relationship.

• Exactly. Totally agree

• Is this a serious question?

• Why do you care if the guy is younger

• thats acutally so dog, i would dumb him i mean if he's lying about he's own age what else?

• Leave him.. who knows what else he lied about

• Seriously-_-. He's young. Be happy. Lying was bad but maybe he liked you and obviously knew you/older women wouldn't like a younger guy