Is Tinder an accurate representation of ones attraxtiveness?

I'm a decent looking guy I'd say, my face and eyes get regular compliments the only real drawbacks I have physically are A im skinny, even after working out months I didn't gain any mass and doctors even told me with my hyperbolic system it's just my build, still Im not some pencil neck so I have a bit of tone at least and B I have to shave my head bald since I lost a lot of hair to a stress condition as a kid, so I get I won't be everyone's cup of tea but still I've like hundreds of girls pictures within 5 years of age and 100 miles and only got like 5-8 REAL matches (I was being pretty picky like I am in real life though so they were all more attractive)-now don't get me wrong I don't expect to meet a girlfriend on Tinder but it makes me feel a bit self conscious of how many must have 'swiped left' I've been told by some friends this is because I don't have tinder plus which helps by putting you out there more but still I live within a hundred miles of three big colleges, so people should I be worried or is tinder a load of crap really in terms of judging your own attractiveness

• No, Tinder doesn't really reflect reality in that regard enough that it should worry you with those few of matches
  • With those few of matches, yes it should concern you some
I honestly don't like these apps at all

Most Helpful Girl

Its just sex!

What Girls Said 1

• Isn't it when you swipe that person gets a notification saying you found them attractive? If that's the case I would only be swiping the most attractive guys possible, but in reality I think a lot of guys are nice looking but since it's only based on appearance is have to only go for the ultra-attractive.

What Guys Said 6

• Well, if it's anything like okcupid, women voted 80% of males as *below average* attractiveness. Either there's a bunch of fugly guys on okcupid, or women have high standards.

Females have innate social value. Males have no value until they prove it through accomplishment or occupation. Given this, a female is going to rate herself higher than a male of the same attractiveness, in general.

• No it's not. A match is only set when you AND the other person likes you. So there could be women that you don't like but like you or maybe they haven't shown up yet. Then there's the point that even though you match, it doesn't say how attractive they think you really are. You may be okay looking or maybe you look hot to them. Then there's the point that most people have different opinions of attractive is so there no way you can ordinarily determine how attractive you are by using Tinder. Not to sound too douchy, but my comment will probably give you the answer you're really looking for. Well good luck and hope I helped :)

• Voted A. Tinder only represents how eligible you are for hook-ups in terms of attractiveness, and that's pretty much it.

• i doubt indian women look for casual sex on tinder

• lol man, have u ever seen the guys here in india that use these apps XD. I doubt there is much competition lol

• @verticallyinsecure

Haha, you're right!

• Dude, tinder is fucking stupid.
    Think about what you're up against. The other guys are all ripped 6ft + Football players and stuff.

These are sorta guys girls get with and get hurt by and end up breaking up with.

Tinder is all looks. Find a girl in person who you can truly connect with.

• Here's the deal, like I said I agree with you on tinder and online dating being bull but looks are step one to me, I wouldn't date a girl who wasn't slender and had a pretty face. I don't like to number but to give an idea usually the gorls I'm interested in are 7-9, so I admit looks so matter and are just as important as personality

• Yeah, Tinder is primarily a looks game. They can't your personality through a picture.
      About the football player thing: I didn't mean it literally 😂

• Haha I guessed as much. And I'm not denying that looks matter, I'm saying that the way you put it, you made it seem like all girls on there go for jerks and end up getting hurt. The truth is, most girls on there want to use guys just as most guys want to use them

• I'm rather spotty on Tinder in terms of success rate, but I know that statistically black men fare on the bottom tier of success % in terms of ethnicities of guy.

• White men do far better on dating sites than every other ethnicity of man

• Maybe thats coz this is india but i used tinder just once in my life and all i got was one match, talked to her for like 30 min never even planned to meet or anything (fuck man, she was hot though, but that ain't the point) so i hope not lol