What does "making it official" mean to you?

Are you exclusive now? Are you boyfriend/girlfriend? Is it a serious relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's asking you to be exclusive with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Making it official is when I start calling a guy my boyfriend and me his girlfriend, we're monogamous (if thats what we're into) and I see a future with them.

What Guys Said 4

• I think in the most basic terms it is to ask a woman to be exclusive. It is pretty stupid to just assume the other person is exclusive if you haven't talked about it.

• making something exclusive and being a boyfriend/girlfriend are the same thing. being in a serious relationship is something else.

• "Making it official" can be used in different ways. But for me, relationship-wise, it either means that I'm exclusively dating a woman or I'm engaged to her and plan to marry her.

• For me, it just means being in a relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• Exclusive is when we decide to be in a relationship. So basically when you both clearly say you're together.

• Making it official is being boyfriend/girlfriend

• Facebook status haha Jk, jk... um proabably after sex or just making out or just calling eachother or being able to state that we are bf/gf