Should I look through my boyfriends phone?

He always falls asleep on me, and while I don't really truly believe he has anything to hide, I'm very curious to look through his phone because he never lets me! We're together everyday and I've never seen anything suspicious pop up on his phone, but I also this it's strange that he never lets me freely look at his phone. Help? What should I do! I know it's wrong but he'll never know and it'll just give me some peace of mind.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is Never wrong for a gf/wife to look through her partner's phone. He has nothing to fear if he's really clean. Just do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• No because if you find something you might end up in a wreck!

• Then I'd just break up with him and stop wasting my time? But that's not what I'm worried about. Lol.

• Sounds to me like your boyfriend is the one who's time is being wasted. If I had a girlfriend who distrusted me to the point that she kept insisting upon looking through my phone, I would let her. I would place the unlocked phone in front of her, then tell her she was free to look through anything she wanted with the caveat that if she picked it up, we were over as a couple when she was finished snooping. I already went through one nightmare of a relationship with a woman who distrusted virtually everything I did. I'm not letting it happen again.

• @wc444 Eh... I just don't care... but she does. Why not?

What Guys Said 12

• He probably does not want you to look at his phone because phones are private. If you look through his phone you are breaching his privacy. He may dump you if you do this or your good relationship may turn out to not be a good one. You should trust him enough to not need to do this in the first place. Unless you want to cause problems then leave his phone alone.

• I'd break up with you if you snooped on my phone.

• I'm not sure I can trust someone who disrespects privacy like that.

And whether he looks up porn or not has zero influence on you.

• No, let him have his privacy. This expectation you have that he should let you freely root through his personal stuff whenever you like to make your own insecurities go away is NOT healthy.

• People have a right to their privacy. You wouldn't want him looking through your purse, phone, or internet history because he suspects something, woild you?

• If you know it's wrong then don't do it it's just that simple.

• No means no

• please do not do it... guys want their privacy and this move shows that you don't trust him which can be very harmful in relationship. Plus if you think that he doesn't have anything to hide, then why would you even want to risk your relationship?

• Are you too afraid he's cheating on you? If you're that insecure then your relationship is forfeit.

• No, I mainly want to know if he's looking up porn... He always tells me he doesn't but I feel like he does. Lots of reasons why I feel he does. I want to know if he's lying to me. Only one way to find out.

• Or you can assure him that you're not going to be offended if he tells you the truth.

• Be direct with him. He'd respect that more than you snooping. Men are sexual creatures and if he's looking at porn, quite frankly - I'd prefer that than going to another gal.

• You have no right to do that.

• Just to let you know I along with many guys I know would end the relationship right on the spot if we learned our gf's did that no explaining or excusing their way out of it. And I'm someone who isn't ashamed of anything or has anything to hide.

• It illegal to do so

What Girls Said 9

• Don't do it. If you know it's wrong, just don't. I believe those things always come back to you in one way or the other. People deserve their privacy, and like you said, you don't even have any reasons to have suspicions.

• Nah don't because a lot of the times if you're wanting to find something you usually will, sometimes we trick ourselves into seeing the worst when we don't know the whole story, or just assume.

• Don't go through his phone. Don't ask to go through it. Stop thinking about it. Find something else to do. Don't ever bring it up. Don't offer your phone to him. If I had a boyfriend and he was trying to nose through my stuff like that, it would be a dealbreaker. That is downright creepy. If you suspect he is cheating, he probably is. You don't need to be a detective.

• The fact that your mindset is already thinking that way is not good. You'll start having doubts very soon if you're not careful especially since he hasn't given you a reason to not trust him. If nothing suspicious please don't go down the route of looking through his phone. It's just invasion of privacy and what not.

• No!!!
    ////

• If you have no reason to be suspicious then don't. You'll just end up finding something that will upsetyou

• Would you like someone to go through your phone? If it doesn't bother you, for him it is a bother. You know guys... and how will you go through his anyway?

• If your instinct is to look at his phone then go ahead I say. It is not a great sign he doesn't want you to look but it isn't necessarily bad either

• Why don't you just ask him if you can see his phone when he's awake? Sneaking around through his private stuff is just wrong.

• Because he says not every time I ask! I've tried many times. That's what builds up my curiosity. I'm not some crazy girlfriend. I've just never dated someone that's so protective of his phone. This is a big problem with my trust for him just because I feel like he's hiding something. But I'm literally with him all the time and I've never seen anything weird pop up or anything. So why is he so protective?

• You just sound a bit paranoid even though beyond him being possessive of his phone, there's no reason for suspicion. If it bugs you about it then tell him