Would you give an ugly guy a chance?

I'm 22 and unfortunetly it's been made clear to me on separate ocasions (both verbaly and through body language) that I am extremly ugly. And my question to you girls is: would you honestly give such a guy a chance? Just want to know if it's worth trying.

Update:since i can't put a link to a picture, i have uploaded a recent pricture as my profile picture. Just so you can have a general ideea...

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all - do YOU like the way you look? Because often, the way someone acts is what causes them to be perceived as unattractive rather than their actual looks. Confidence shines through & seeing a person who feels truly comfortable in their skin is very attractive. On the other hand, somebody who is maybe of average looks, yet acts as if they are almost ashamed of how they look will have a really hard time looking attractive.

May I ask if anyone has ever told you specifically what they find unattractive about you? This could be helpful, because I really do think that there is no such thing as someone ugly, just different preferences. However, there are things that unfortunately make just about anyone unattractive, and many of those behaviours are difficult to recognize in yourself. If you have anyone in your life you can trust to give you a straight answer, I would advise you to ask them to tell you if there are things about you they find unappealing in looks and behaviour.

If you want feedback on looks alone, I can definitely give you grooming/fashion advice, but I really doubt that you really are as ugly as you think you are. And also - tastes are so different. I can't even count on a hand the number of times my best friends has expressed pure disgust for the looks of my (in my opinion) very handsome ex... but, she was a serial dater and would always talk and talk about the "hot" "extremely good-looking" "gorgeous" "stunning" etc, etc. guy she was currently dating. Whenever I got a chance to meet those guys/see their picture... well, let's just say, they really weren't my type at all. And one of my male best friends is very ugly in my opinion, lovely guy, but not at all attractive... yet... he has a lot of girls who think otherwise :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's gonna be difficult, but most guys won't give ugly girls a chance... therefore, ugly girls are your best option.

What Girls Said 18

• NO ONE is ugly , it's just the image of how we want to see ourselves that got us into the thought that we're ugly. it's personality that counts , its the way you feel that counts , its your behavior that counts , not your psychical look. you;re you and that matters a lot. everybody deserves a chance , EVERYBODY. no matter how you look.

• I he's way below my league/looks like he doesn't take care of himself? Probably not... Physical attraction is important to me and if it's not there it's never going to work out

• I would if I found him attractive to me.

• I wouldn't date someone who I don't feel any physical attraction to.

• I don't think you look ugly. You just look angry and older than 22. I'm not that looks orientated as long as you are fun to be around.

• I was going to say the same! He just needs to have more confidence. And if he himself doesn't like how he looks, then he should change that.

• No. I'm not going to waste your time or mine if I'm not attracted to you.

• Depends on two things:
    How ugly he actually is. If other people say something about your appearance, it doesn't mean everyone thinks that.

How he behaves and how he's like. For example, most women want a man to be funny, if you don't share her sense of humor she won't fall in love with you.

That's really the ground rules of dating.

• I hang with "nerdy guys" who i guess by most peoples standards are "ugly"
    but im friends with them because there nice and fun to hang with. Now, if one of them were to ask me out, i would say yes to 1 date (no harm in that) but i doubt it would work out in the long run. but at least im giving them a chance.

• Honestly? No.

• lol you're not ugly!! i mean you're not hot but you're far from ugly. you're just a little chubsters :p some girls like that anyways. its just a matter of finding a girl who likes you for you :) hakuna matata

• Ur perfectly fine id give you a chane

• I have to be attracted to someone to want to date them.
    Plain and simple.

• No one is ugly.

• I'm just sorry i can't insert a pic of myself here because i am not level 2 yet. You'll chage your mind

• Ok girl , enough with the lies.

• I'm entitled to my opinion :)

• What type of ugly are we talking about here? On a scale of 1-5 how unattractive do you think you are?

• No, there needs to be physical attraction there.

• I bet someone will find you attractive.

• Yes. I most definitely would

• I would. But I have weird criteria.

What Guys Said 0