Is ghosting despicable, unforgivable behaviour?

If you were ghosted, would you consider that bad behaviour. I believe everyone deserves an explanation. Do you think ghosting is the coward's way out? Would you ever talk to someone again that did that to you?

• Do you think ghosting is despicable behaviour?
  • Or do you not?
  • Is it okay in some circumstances?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the asker is saying she thinks everyone deserves an explanation from the ghoster of why they are ghosting them. Often they come back and yeah I would like to know what's up, I'm not being annoying or a douche about stuff, if they ghost me they better have a good explanation. I understand stress, anxiety, insecurity, or just down right over thinking that leads to an irrational decision. So it is circumstantial.

• You got it. That Is how I feel. No explanation=coward.

• Are you sure he didn't tell you he wasn't happy? It's 100% possible to love someone and not want to be with them. It's also 100% that in his mind, whether he actually did it or not, he told you he didn't want to be with you anymore. My boyfriend told me his ex accused him of ghosting for 4 months but he told her several times he didn't want to be with her anymore , even though he liked her so he just stopped talking to her.

• Thank you for MHO!! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be okay in certain circumstances. But for the most part, you need to be straight up and honest.

What Guys Said 5

• Sometimes when someone is just so annoying and hard to deal with and difficult to explain things to, I will won't say a word to them. Otherwise I would explain it to them.

• The only time ghosting is a legit reason is if the guy or girl is being a creep.

• If u cheat on me or treat me with disrespect,
    Instead of creating drama, i will just ghost on u.

• It would annoy me but I wouldn't necessarily "never talk to them again" if they came back. It's very acceptable and maybe even a good idea when the other person is a manipulative narcissist. Also, it's not always personal... sometimes a person just has too much going on and they need to focus their efforts more.

• If there is a legitimate concern for your own safety, ghosting is perfectly fine.

What Girls Said 0