My Boyfriend treats me like shit, what do I do?

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years. So it is really hard to decide whether to leave him or not because I love him. He makes me cry at least 3 times a week due to the way he speaks to me, treats me for example i could text him and he would ignore it for hours and so id ring him and he would say I'll ring you back and never does. He never texts or rings me I have to ring and text him. If I didn't we wouldn't talk. I have to ask him to come and see me he never offers. And when we argue he ignores me or gives me effortless replies. I could write him a massive paragraph and he would reply with something like "ok" "whatever" or "cool" it really upsets me and all he does when I cry is tell me where to go. Then at the end of it all he says he's sorry and that he will change and before you no it he does the same thing again. Over and over. I don't no what to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry but it seems like you already know what to do. I mean it's common sense like say you had a friend in your position same issue and everything would you tel them to stay in something they so clearly hate or to break it off. It's normal that you would say break It off and that's clearly what you should do at this point. Normally I would say sit him down and talk to him face to face, but from what it seems you've talked to him plenty already and he's not going to change a dam thing, so the only option you have is to leave him because you're clearly not happy in the relationship and he's clearly not going to change. I say break it off take some time to yourself then when your ready get back out there and find someone you are or can be happy with. Well that's my two cents in it; I wish you luck in life and that you find happiness in yourself and In possibly a new man. Good luck dear.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure the way you feel about him is hurt more then it is love. Someone who doesn't make the effort to contact you or keep a decent conversation flowing with you does not care about you at all. He DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL.

As much as it may hurt to see him with someone else, you'd find someone so much better (then he is). Whoever this new guy is would go out of his way to make you happy, you wouldn't need to ask him to

What Guys Said 11

• just break up. why do you even put up with this shit? there are guys out there who won´t make you feel like shit...

• I'm scared to see him with somebody else

• @Daynada yeah maybe he´ll learn some day... or maybe not. nobody should make it his problem to deal with this kind of crap.

• Ok simple answer.. If your not happy move on life is to short to waste being unhappy

• I'm more afraid to see him with somebody else.

• i understand that but its part of life and soon you will be with somebody else who treats you better

• Okay, Thankyou for your advice

• Yeah move on. He obviously isn't that interested in you.

• Oh😔

• I know it's hard since you've been together for 2 years but don't you think that if he really cared about you he would put more effort into seeing you?

If you keep going like this you're just gonna stay unhappy. The reason he gets away with treating you like this is because you are much more dependent on him than he is of you.

• I understand, Thankyou for your advice x

• Reciprocate.

• Maybe he has something in his heart and wants you to do it for him

• I do literally everything for him. He does nothing for me.

• I mean sometimes when my girlfriend is rude to me and I want her to make something for me I somehow make myself like I'm ignoring her but it seems like you do everything for him and he is like that

• You need to dump him and find someone who will treat you better.

• I would just dump him.

• I'm afraid to see him with someone else.

• leave him

• hot guys... and you choose them.

• He isn't interested in you anymore best thing for you to do is move on

• Don't try to find handsome guys. This is probably what you do. Try to find guys who will make you happy.

What Girls Said 10

• Why be withs someone who doesn't treat you as nice as you do them? You're settling for less solely because you'e been together for two years. Yes two years in your teens can be a while, however you will realize its not that long. If you've expressed your feelings of hurt to him and he still isn't exactly changing then you need to change- aka leave him because if you stay you're basically saying you deserve to be treated like shit.

• He obviously doesn't care about you and probably is cheating. Just break up. I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years as well. He's met my family and we even work together. Our lives have been integrated and I love him to pieces but I'm also not stupid. If he started treating me like trash I'd leave him. I'm worth a lot more than that.

• I've tried breaking up with him before but I always run back when he says he is sorry because I'm stupid. I'm scared to see him with someone else.

• And there's your problem. You have to understand that he's not sorry and you have the power to decide whether you're going to stay miserable or move on and be happy. He's like this because every time you come back is more of a reason to never take you seriously. You're not even 18. You've got like 70 years of life ahead of you. A break up isn't the end of the world, learn to stand for better because I promise you he's going to leave you when he's tired of you and you'll be sitting there with egg on your face. Stand up for what you deserve because you're teaching yourself that you're unworthy of better treatment and you're going to end up with guys like this back to back.

• I'm 17, lol and yeah I get what your saying

• Afraid of seeing him with someone else? Why? That means you got out of the situation and he is now the burden of someone else.

• I think you know the answer which is the one you don't want to hear.

Get rid of his ass. He's very disrespectful and do you really want to continue to live like this? Set yourself free.

• I'm worried to see him with anyone else

• You keep saying this and getting responses. Do I need to repeat what everyone else has already said?

Who cares if he's with someone else? He'll treat her like shit too. And you'll have moved onto something better and can just be glad you dodged that bullet.

• Dump him. Relations are based on equality, not dominance.

• What starts the arguments?

• Him ignoring me, speaking to me like shit, not putting any effort in.. Etc

• Then yeah it's best to let the relationship go. y'all had your fun times but now, you're not happy with him and he's not treating you well. Best to find someone who will treat you better.

• You deserve better. It's his loss and people like that don't realize what they had until they're gone. You'll find someone who puts in a lot more effort than he does.

• What I'm scared of is seeing him with someone else

• Thankyou for your advice xx

• You're very welcome :) I know it's hard at first but you'll meet a great guy who will make you be happy that you left him :)

• Break up

• If he makes you feel like shit and treats you like shit there's no reason to stay.

• I'm scared to see him with someone else

• Someone else who he'll treat just like you.

• Leave him. Someone else will treat you a lot better and you will look back and wonder why you put up with it for so long.
    While you put up with it you are sending him the message that his behavior is ok, which it isn't.