Should I unfriend the girl that rejected me?

Pretty simple story. Some girl essentially led me on (she admitted that she did) and then rejected me. I like her as a friend and I tried to be a good friend, but she's just pissing me off now. Should I unfriend her (on Facebook and in general). My answer is, yes, I should, but I want to know what happened when other guys did this.

Shameless ad for my most recent take: http://www.girlsaskguys.com/relationships/a29393-the-birth-of-the-player

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No don't do it. It shows that you're trying hard to get over her.

• You honestly can't win with girls can you? You accept friendship and they think you're a soft loser. You stop talking to them and they think you're trying hard to get over them. Honestly girls, what do you want?

Thanks for the MOB 😊

Damn MHO*

Most Helpful Guy

• The girl i was with 2 months ago did the exact same thing to me. We fucked and went out on dates but she always told me that she didn't want a relationship. Then one night she told me that she loved me and i was stupid enough to believe her. Well anyway, 2 months ago she texted me saying that she wanted to be her own person and basically rejected me. The first thing i did was delete everything that had to do with her and i regretted it so badly. and here's why, right now your going through a withdraw phase, soon your going to be asking yourself "why you dint do this and that?" and your going to miss her. And when you do that she's going to be out, fucking other dudes and there's nothing you can do about it. instead just don't text her, don't call her, don't like instagram pics. basically use the no contact rule. But don't tell her that your mad at her or anything just tell her that you understand and although you don't agree with it that you respect her choice and then walk away. Science says that In about a month she'll text you.

• Thanks for your answer Flash. That phase is long over. We are part of the same club and we're forced to interact once a week. I don't usually text her for any reason unless we're organizing something with the club. She is doing stuff in these weekly events that is really starting to get on my nerves.

• Then fuck it. Delete that How

What Girls Said 8

• She led you on purposely, and this is effecting you and your conscious. It's best that you do drop her and move on. Nobody should do that to you, unless it was by accident or a misunderstanding. But this is why you need to be honest, and she wasn't being honest with herself until the last minute. In the end you still got hurt. I personally say yes, but it's entirely up to you. I can't make you do things you don't want to do.

• I think nothing particularly will happen when you'll unfriend her. Simply she may have some thoughts only, like you must be angry or hate her now, that you no longer want her on your social websites, that would be the most logical case in my opinion (but I can't get into her head and predict hers actions, actually).

• I said yes.

• If it makes you feel better then do it

• Yes is the answer but how would that prevent you from wanting to know what she's up to. Should probably talk to her about why she chose to act that way towards you.

• No you shouldn't. Use that to show her how happy you are without her and that her rejection didn't really affect you.

• It is affecting me. She's pissing me off and I don't want to see her anymore.

• I can't completely ignore her without making a strong point. We're forced to interact on a weekly basis and ignoring her would be extremely obvious and awkward.

• ohhh okay I get it.
      Then don't be too mean. I mean you don't want to seem like a jerk.

• Yeah that's messed up.

• who gives a shit about Facebook? LOL..

• The question wasn't only talking about Facebook, but among my age group at least, people still seem to care about Facebook...

• u care about everything everyone else cares about?

• I appreciate your vehement (albeit slightly naïve) individualism, however, it isn't necessarily a bad thing to care about what other people think. It's called being social and being connected to other people and it's an important part of being grounded.

I will say that Facebook is not a necessary component in that connection, but for many people it's important.

What Guys Said 6

• She was never really your "friend" to begin with. So it's time to clean up that friends list and unfriend her and anybody else that had been lying to you and played you for a fool before.

• I would say no, because it would be interesting to watch in silence as her life derails and becomes a train wreck.
    Karma is a bitch and people bring it upon themselves.
    The small number of females who went out of their way to do me psychological and emotional harm, have all come to grief as a result of their own actions.
    To quote the Chinese general and philosopher Sun Tzu (496BC): “If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”

• You do what you need to do to feel better. No contact works well if you can't accept friendship status.

• Yep, give her the scissors.

• Time to show your attitude and behave like, She is nothing and you are ok with rejection.

• This seems internally contradictory. Why would I have even shown interest if she was nothing? She already knows that I like her and she's just playing off that now.

• "It is what it is", if you showed weakness now, t will hurt you in future. Behave like you are ok with rejection otherwise continue to be played.

• Yeah.