Why Do Women Feel Entitled To Get Free Drinks From Men?

So, last night, I was at a night club, and I started talking to this girl. We had a pretty conversation, and she seemed to like me. During our convo, she asked me, "Hey... can you please buy me a drink? I'm really thirsty." I looked at her like she was crazy and I simply said, "no."

She then looked at me for a few moments and then told me I was a rude man and she left and started talking to some other guys.

1. Club drinks are expensive. For example... I can get a Vodka and Sprite drink from a dive bar for 1-2 bucks. At a night club, they want $10 for that little drink!

2. Why am I in the wrong for not buying her a drink? Last I checked, women and men work, we all earn our own money, etc.. Since when am I "rude" or "the bad guy" because I don't grovel at a woman's feet and buy her an expensive drink?

Honestly, it bugs me that women actually have the audacity to ask a man to buy them drinks, especially if they don't know the man personally. Just because I talk to you for 5 minutes, I should buy you a drink? Really?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• And that is how you dodged a gold digger xD If you would have bought her a drink, she still would have left once she finished it.
    Never buy a woman a drink. If she likes you, she will stay whether you buy her a drink or not.

Many women take advantage of stupid men that buy them drinks just because they wanna talk to her. They know this, so they use it to their advantage. They're used to it, so when a guy says no, and it kills her game, she gets all pissy and leaves.

A good woman will never ask you to buy her a drink if you just met her.

What Girls Said 13

• Some of them really are and they won't even be even mildly charming or approach a man looking like they were just thrown from a car, got right back up, and walked into a sauna; sweaty hair sticking to their face, disheveled clothes, sweaty cheeks, bruises on knees and/or cuts from falling over. Jesssus. Some of them can't even walk in their heels without wobbling. Zero sex appeal and charm yet expectant for a guy to spend his hard earned money and buy them a drink. I've seen it happen many times.

If it makes you feel any better, I've never gone up to some random dude and expected him to buy me a drink. That's so rude and tacky. Every cool female in here, next time you go to a club, chat with a guy for 5 minutes then ask him what kind of drink you're buying him :) lol

• God.
    Are you really that cheap? No girl wants to be with a cheap guy that's the worst quality. If I were the girl I'd also slap you then leave. Even though it's still unacceptable I can still see splitting a dinner check, but cheaping out on drinks? Come on man get some class. Seriously how do you expect to ever get a girl being so cheap.

Are you trolling?

@Alwaysonmymind none of the men here are talking about entitlement. There conserdate about women who use to get free drinks and just dig out after like nothing happened , you know hit and run

Concerned

• Not saying that anyone, neither women nor men, are 'entitled' to having drinks bought for them. However... you can't really blame this girl for having the belief that simply being female will give her that sort of privilege. I mean... 90% of the time, men will buy drinks for girls before they've even spoken with them, much less gotten to know them or having spoken with each other for 5 minutes.

• I think it's sweet , but also kinda creepy for guys to buy me drinks 1 I thinks it's cute and definitely sweet because he likes you and is Trying to impress you
    On the flip side it's creepy if he's trying to get you hammered
    But under no circumstances do I ever expect a man to pay for me , and if he does pay I'll pay for something to even if it's small

• Some chicks have princess syndrome. They've either been raised like that or haven't had a man reject them when they ask for stuff like that.

My prerogative is that if you go out somewhere always have your cash or credit with you to pay for YO DAMN self. It's just a sensible way to go.

• Some are just that way.

I cannot and would never get myself to do that. I buy for my own stuff and would either feel guilty or something if anyone paid for me.
    I cannot get my head wrapped around, how people can do that.
    I would feel uncomfortable.

• Some girls are just rude. Don't go out if you can't afford it...

• I don't respect men who put their wallet above their own attributes so have never accepted free drinks.

Even when I had HUGE problems with alcohol.

• I don't know, I've never understand why some people feel entitled. I never expect someone else to pay for me. I've only dated two guys that seriously insisted on paying for my food or drink, but I prefer to pay my own way.

• Thats why you sneak in cheap booze. But no she should not outright ask for it. But attractive girls usually do get free drinks because everyone want to get in their pants

• Those kind of women.. are those kind of women.

im sorry you went through that she was a bitch. She probably was an insecure girl who needed validation of being wanted. Or just likes getting what she askes from guys.

To be honest im the kind of girl where even if a guy offers me a drink i dont take it. Especially because i live in korea and drinking on the street i legal. I tell them lets go out to the CVS and buy alcohol there. They have mini bottles if vodca for 5 dollars so you can literally make your own cocktail for 1/10 of the price

• 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

I hate those bitches too. Some people are just jerks. I've ran into guys like this in bars too. One time a guy threatened me because I didn't want to leave with him and he swore I'd been staring at him. Another time some guys 10+ years older threw shots and me and a friend because they bought them without asking us and we didn't want them.

Drinking brings out THE WORST in some people.

• Don't generalise. Not all of us want men to buy us drinks or anything else.

What Guys Said 9

• Entitlement is 1 part value, 1 part belief. When she's been given free drinks by guy after guy after guy, she begins to feel it's justified. Because in her mind, "this is how I'm treated and deserve to be treated". Because to all those guys she has value and with that external evidence she believes she deserves that.

Think about it. How many times are girls told, "you deserve someone that will give you/do X for you"? You hear it all over the place. Entitlement is a belief to a certain extent. If all of her experience has shown she deserves a free drink from a guy. She'll feel entitled to it. You can be entitled too if you wanted. You have to believe you deserve more and having that belief will actually get you more.

If you feel like you don't deserve something you'll get less.

• Why? Because before they experience the reality check that is known as hitting the wall (age 30 to 35) females tend to be overindulged entitled princesses.
    The era of sponging off men is over. Any females who do not like it can have a conversation with the Feminists.
    Enjoy the equality. :-)

• Bunch of reasons honestly, it might be that she is just that entitled, might be that she is really greedy, or maybe she is so insecure that she has to feel validated by having you spend money on her who knows. In my opinion they are all bad signs, and you should just move on.

There are even some women who pretend to be interested in guys just to get free drinks so it's best to avoid the kind of women who beg you for drinks.

• Maybe because they have princess syndrome? Such women are really annoying.. I mean I would 100% pay for her and food if she was my DATE or someone I was interested in...
    But a stranger? Ummm nope... Sorry. I don't know you.. And I am not gonna spend my hard earned cash on some Stranger...
    And what would I get from that stranger? Sex? Or will she just run of if she decides she didn't wanna do it with me? Lol.. It would be a big waste..

• I know bro we're not atm machines and good for you man saying no a lot of other guy's would do she say's just to get in her pants which we all know is the reason she's doing that in the first place.

• look at the bright side, some other poor bastard had to put up with her bullshit for the night! that was probably just the tip of the iceberg. I never buy drinks either, but im an asshole, and a cheap bastard.

• should've gotten her some water to sober up

• Cause women likes to feel princess

• Ill share an experience. I had asked this girl out because she was giving mixed signals. Checking me up and down, we got along, teased. Nonetheless, she said no (height issue she was taller than me by a few inches). I already knew the height prob, figured she wouldn't say yes, but she gave all these signals. She said no. I ran into her again and she offered I come to lunch. Anyways, she's there eating and she has no drink. I offer her something, and she chose one of the more expensive drinks, i simply took a small water bottle. So YES, girl s will use you for what you offer, if she does she's not the one