Do guys like pet names?

Recently, I've realized I like being called baby. Not by anybody, but just by the person I'm dating.

I've never really used pet names, do guys like being called pet names?

If so, what do you like being called?

• yes. Which one?
  • No
  • Never had a SO

Most Helpful Guy

• Never thought I'd like pet names. My girlfriend started calling me "honey" in college and I cringed. She kept at it and I kinda like it now don't know why. I think it's the ways she says it lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg!!! After all the baby talk we had yesterday!!
    You are def. on Baby fever lol.
    I like being called babe too. And a few other sentimental names.

Hahahah ahh that's gross to think about it. I wasn't thinking about having babies at all when I posted this.

@Puppylove
      You will be a great mom!!! You are so knowledgeable now.
      I was resisting to be a mom back then... Now I have two... I can't judge my parenting skills. I think they r good kids 😊

Thanks Bebe 😜

What Guys Said 25

• Doesn't matter the name really so long as it is spoken with true affection. In my opinion, it shouldn't be up to me what I like in this area. It is up to the person I'm with to decide how they view me in the special, secret, language that is just between the two of us. Whether it is being called, "Baby" or "Sweetie" or "Darling" it really doesn't matter.

• As long as my girl would call me that name with a feeling of love, I would never have a bad feeling about it :D
    I used to know a guy who woud call everyone "Bobbie". I was used to it but in that case there was no liking or disliking involved, just accepting...

• The only time I've been called a pet name is being called puppy, and that's because she says I'm very affectionate and attentive so she thinks it fits my personality in the relationship, and I call her kitten, I don't have anything against it, but wouldn't say I like it either, I'm perfectly fine with whatever my SO wants to call me. I also like calling her by her real name, just her first name, to show that what I'm going to say next is of importance, most people don't say their real names very often and I feel it puts more importance/meaning on what you say next when you say it.

• Does calling me a jackass, constantly, count?

• Yes you can call me HOVA lmao.

Babe and baby mostly.

• Hey babe.. you can call me banana.

• some names in my language.

• Yes, you may call me g o d

• whatever name, as long as it is respectful and fun.

• "Nobody puts baby in the corner." lol

• I called you bby yesterday. I knew you'd like it.

• Fuck no

• Like you, it also depends who it's from. Also, it depends what it is. I had a girl friend call me "nordy" in college. She thought it was cute, and I would always go "what's a 'Nordy?" Her answer was "you just look like a Nordy." ... Dafq?👎🏾🤔

• Never had an SO, but I don't like them regardless.

That's why I made that an option. I didn't start liking it until just recently and I've been dating for the last few years

Fair enough. I can't imagine myself liking it though. If a future partner called me a pet name, I'd probably ask her to stop. It's just... eurgh. Cringe :/

• never had a SO

• Papi chulo, really though there isn't a specific one, anything that shows affection works.

• I like the usual babe & hun but my girlfriend usually goes with MOOP and NUGGET of late. I really don't mind what she calls me!

• it depends
    but dont tell him daddy pls

• My ex sometimes used to call me "my cow"

• Pet my head and call me dog.

• my SO calls me lovie

• Hun honey or sweetie or sweetheart

• All my exes called me Casper for some odd reason.

Huh I wonder if it's cause you ended up ghosting them 👻

Yes 😂😂😂😂😂

by the way your username Puppylove is the pet name I call a friend of mines. 😊

• Yes and no. A girl "friend"of mine calls me a pet name which I've got used to but I wish she wouldn't sometimes. But if it a "girlfriend" then sure

What pet name?

haha I'm not gonna say but I think she has a crush on me but I like her as a friend

Okay... Lol it's not like it would matter but whatever

• Never had a SO

What Girls Said 6

• Babe. That is my marriage name. I actually hate it of he calls me my real name.

• I'm not a guy but I like pet names. The guy I like calls me "babe" and "darling" which I like but also "hun" which is kinda meh.

I call guys (and people in general) "babe" "babydoll" "sug" "darlin" "lovely" etc

• Yes.
    My best friend calls me so many I don't remember all of them lol

• Some do

• He called me beautiful, and I called him honey ;)

• I like to call him my lollipop.