Why do parents push their kids so hard about getting married?

My man's parents keep asking him when are you getting married? We have only been together 3 months if that. Then yesterday his Dad said, "Son, you better not mess things up with this girl. I really want you to settle down, get married and have kids." I find it odd his parents keep saying this to him when they don't really know me. My man knows me best obviously and his parents know whatever he tells them.

Why would his parents keep saying and asking this stuff? My guy hasn't even told me that he loves me yet. However I am his first girl friend, so I am kind of wondering if he might be telling people something I don't know?

I forgot to add he has 3 siblings. His 32 year old sister has 3 kids. My guy and his siblings are the following ages 32, 28, 27 and 22. So his parents already have grand babies.

Also to answer another question he is Mexican/American hertiage.

83

Most Helpful Guy

• No idea.. My parents literally don't give a shit if I ever get married or not. They just want me to be happy.

I think it's a little selfish to expect your kids to give you grandkids. I also think that it's shortsighted to assume that just because kids made them happy that it would automatically make their own kids happy to do the same. Different strokes for different folks in life. It's a lesson we should all learn and accept.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe because 1 the parents love you and 2 they would like to see him settle down fast and give them grand children and 3 since you said you are his first girlfriend maybe it makes them feel that you are special to him and wouldn't want their child to loose that person hence the pressure of getting married

What Guys Said 2

• They want grand children so their friends wouldn't nag about them not having any later.

• They have 3 and he has 3 siblings.

• Because society.
    Because conforming.
    Because people believe, that marriage = eternal happiness.
    Because they are being stupid.

One of those reasons must be true.

What Girls Said 7

• I think some parents think that being married makes their children happy and they just want to see their children happy.

• I've always assumed they just want their kids to be happy I suppose. My mom does the same thing already about kids, though it's more about IF I'm going to have them rather than when. Because she knows I'm iffy.

• "Son, you better not mess things up with this girl"

You're either a mirage in a desert, or there were many more girlfriends before you.

• I am his first girlfriend apparently...

• They probably just want him to be happy.

• I think they are rushing to have grandkids before they die. That would be too much for me too

• They have 3 already from one of his 3 siblings

• How old is he? Something is wrong if he is your first girlfriend. I'm putting his age at 28 or 29. You got a look at this relationship very closely. How what is his relationship to his parents? Why are you dating a guy who is never dated a girl and is in his late 20s? Something is wrong I just don't like this

• Hey I agree entirely this something wrong with this guy and his relationship with his parents and why you dating somebody who's never had a girl before? Look in the mirror something may be wrong with you to

• Parents and him get along very well. He is 27.

• What's wrong with never been having a first girlfriend before? I'm one of these guys but I'm 21 (soon 22) and I think I will reach than point where he is rapidly.

( "Womens" logic. )

• Are his parents foreign? If so that answers your question.