Have you ever reconnected with someone months or years later?

If so, why did things end in the first place?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. This is what Facebook is for. For someone my age, Facebook is inhabited with zombies - people from our distant past whom we have lost touch with decades ago.

Just two weeks ago, I went to a wake for a woman who was 50 years old. I had not seen her since 1973 when she just turned 7. She was my next door neighbor until then when her family moved away. We lost touch with them. Well, on Facebook, I became friends with her (although, as a devout Republican, she unfriended me) and her dad. When I went to her wake, I saw her father and brother. I had not seen these people in 43 years. This would not have been possible without Facebook.

I have lots of stories like that - all because of Facebook. Facebook has changed the future because now it is possible for people to remain friends their whole lives. I don't know if this is a good thing though because loss and separation are important things to experience as they make us a more complete human with more empathy than we have when we are young.

Most Helpful Girl

• Reconnected with my ex. We're kind of friends now. We knew we weren't right for each other. And an old crush, we almost dated. We're friends now too.

Why didn't you ever date your crush?

He is going away in another country. We both decided it wasn't right. And I'm dating someone else now, and so will he.

What Guys Said 16

• She wanted to become an international big shot = broke up vs. becoming more serious
    I got married later, she got side tracked, I got dumped years later, I fed her the news, she became interested, month later = marriage + 2nd half of my life turned from grunt to hero status.

• I reconnected with an ex, years afterward. We had some great laughs and great times in the few hours we reminisced. Sure we still loved each other but there was a reason why we split, and it was not because we did not like each other.

Just my opinion

• 'ended' cause of studies, different choices. But when we finally had time to hang out, it was just like old times

• Yep, but I never questioned it. Just went along with it. I've had women who disappeared by me up months after they disappeared as well as up to a year and a half.

It made me curious but I didn't question it too much.

• I have and it was too strange.

• I met all my classmates from high school in one night. We rent a football (soccer) stadium and had an hour and a half match and then we went to have dinner. It was awesome.

• Yes; I've did try to reconnect with some school friends after some years.

Some of them were really acepting and got back in touch, others never responded back.

• A couple of times I met up and fucked some old friends with benefits. But it was never fun. It's best to just stay ended.

• Yes... but only temporarily. For years, every time I saw my first girlfriend we would sleep together.

• I really want to
    but I am afraid she doesn't want me in her life anymore
    I broke up with her because we had become an LDR and she began to lose interest in me

• This past year I "reconnected" with a old flame from many year ago. We "lived" together for almost 6 months. By then I had "long discovered" that she had grown into a horrible person. My memory of her as a sweet & nice girl was shattered. .

• Trying to do that with no luck so far

Would you care to elaborate?

What's the longest you've gone without speaking?

It's been 7 months of no meaningful talk... The little bits where we tried to re-establish contact doesn't count

• Well, there was this girl I had fun with for about 5 years, I caught feelings and we would end up dating for few days, then her friendzoning me over another guy, then when they'd have troubles she would run back to me, we'd be friends with benefits, etc. Anyway, then I met most amazing girl in my life (and this girl knew about us and was pretty jealous of my "friend"), and I decided to stop talking to her and be with this new girl I met. We were together for 3 years untill it turned out that this girl is not so amazing and dumped me. One sleeples night I liked status of this previous girl and she started talking to me. At first it was more of "long time no see", etc. Then it turned out she went back to the other guy, he got her pregnant and forced her to have an abortion, and so she broke up with him. As she in the mean time when we werent talking moved away to another state, we agreed to make a visit (we're not that far away and could see each other every 3 weeks). Anyway, I agreed went to visit her, turned out she had a great time with me, and she said she wants to move back so we could try. Well , I do like the sex, but currently I'm trying to get her to not move back here, because I am grossed out by her for anything more than sex and I really dont want to have anything else with her, but I'm too selfish to just tell her that and risk loosing sex.

What is your reasoning for being grossed out at her at this point? The friend zoning, pregnancy?

I can't really say. Pregnancy, the fact that she slept with whole bunch of guys (or rather to say reckless sexual life) , general unresponsibility (thus making it hard to rely on her), unability to controll herself and unability to make good decisions. When I was a kid, those things were not so important to me, but they are more important today.

• Reconnected with old friends,
    at first felt like they really ignored me so i stopped talking to them.

2 months later we talked and forgot about the past. Now we're best friends!

• Yes my beloved ex

• Yes.. it is a hard thing to explain.

We met at work. She was shooting me all sorts of signals for months, but I wasn't available. Just as I became available, she got her foot in the door, but it came out later she had started seeing a guy. She kept me around in case it didn't work out. I didn't like that idea and walked away.

A year later to the day she reached out to me and we have been seeing each other since. The dynamic on my end is very different now. I am way more cautious with her than I would have been with someone completely new. But we will see how it goes.

Out of curiously, why hadn't you been available? Were you dating someone else?

Yes, I was seeing someone else and at the time we worked together. There was point I wasn't seeing someone very early on, and I chose to avoid the usual workplace drama that tends to come from workplace romance. The period of time where I stopped seeing this other person, she started talking to me outside of work, and she left the job occurred over two weeks. I felt more comfortable with the idea after she was no longer working there.

What Girls Said 2