Is 16 and 19 weird?

Is a 16 year old sophomore in high school dating a 19 year old senior in collage weird (not asking about myself I just think it's weird and had a argument with a girl in my French class about it and I came her for back up)

• Yes
  • No

What Girls Said 5

• An adult being interested in a child is always weird.

• No I was 19 dating a 16 year old guy. Who cares as long as u like the person

• 22d

The police cares depending on the age of consent.

• 22d

@lualesca not if you aren't having sex or doing inappropriate things. I mean who cares if both are in high school the cops would actually probably disregard anything they did since both r high school students actually

• its weird because when your 19 your at a different state of mind than someone at 16...

• Yes, weird

• I don't think the age gap is weird, but the fact that one is basically just starting high school and the other is college makes it weird in my mind.

What Guys Said 9

• Depends on who you ask. The age of consent in most of the U. S. is 16. And 19 is 3 years away from that. In my state, there's a "3 year rule" defense. It doesn't actually make it legal for someone within 3 years to sleep with a minor, but it does provide one a defense for it. But, I banged a 30 year old when I was 18. Pretty much the same thing. Except a much wider age gap. I don't think it would have been any different if I would have been 16, and she would have been 28.

As for "weirdness", I'd go with the typical social rule of "half your age + 7". So, for her, it would be exactly 16.5. So, according to that formula, it would be socially acceptable. The only issue is that the dude is a minor. So, that might receive some degree of pause in other people, but I think most people would not view it as overly weird. On a scale of 1-10 in weirdness, it would probably be a 2 or 3.

• Yea I think it's weird, I wouldn't date a 16 year old.

• Wow, a 19-year-old college senior? That's pretty amazing. It's unusual but it could work if they both want it to badly enough and her parents don't object. If they are going to have sex he needs to check the age of consent in their locale. In some US states, a 19-year-old having sex with a 16-year-old can get into really serious trouble.

• He must be doing great if he is 19 and a college senior!
    3 years in age normally wouldn't matter much but in this case I think it does matter.

• 22d

Typo I mean I'm a senior he's a freshman in collage

• 22d

I'm not just clarification

• 22d

you wrote "I'm" and "he's" which implies that you're talking about yourself

• It's wrong

• It's not weird but it's illegal in some places.

• It's so weird and pedophilic.

• A considerable age gap for someone as young as you are, but not "weird".

• I'd just have ghosted you when I was 19.